PDA

View Full Version : at least 1 person in the netherlands has some balls...

roosterjuicer
12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313741,00.html

I say good for him. Its about time someone has the balls to tell the truth about what is going on. What say you?

Rockefella
12-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Asbestos suits on sale for $43.99 at the booth to the right.

ripper46
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
FOXNews.com - Controversial Anti-Muslim Dutch Film Adds to Already Simmering Tensions - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313741,00.html)

I say good for him.

x2 12345

Niko_Fx
12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
When I saw the title I thought you were talking about Drakkie.

crisis
12-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Funny the FOX is about the only US media outlet pushing this story. NOT.
Still he should be entitled to his opinion and responsible for the consequences.

Cotterik
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
"I believe our culture is much better than the retarded Islamic cultures,"

seems like they got it even worse over there than they have here! That sentance alone would cause more fuss than naming a teddy bear 'muhammed' over here thats for sure :rolleyes:

Zytek_Fan
12-11-2007, 06:00 PM
FOX just loves anything that will anger Muslims :rolleyes:

Egg Nog
12-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Who could've seen this thread coming from a guy who lists his location as "God's Country, USA"?

You total moron.

Cody302
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
NO EGG NOG! YOU TOTAL MORON! How dare you call him that! I' gonna hack into your system the next time you even dare to log in to this website,hell maybe even the internet in general, and lock your ass out. You'll never participate on this site again! BITCH!

Cotterik
12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
oh noo the cowboys are startin teh hAx!

crisis
12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
NO EGG NOG! YOU TOTAL MORON! How dare you call him that! I' gonna hack into your system the next time you even dare to log in to this website,hell maybe even the internet in general, and lock your ass out. You'll never participate on this site again! BITCH!

Nah, it is your ass that may be soon mown. ;)

Cody302
12-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Growing up, my ass was grass, and my Mama's snakeskin belt was the mower. I can handle more than an ass whooopin'. I'm makin' a point!!

crisis
12-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Growing up, my ass was grass, and my Mama's snakeskin belt was the mower. I can handle more than an ass whooopin'. I'm makin' a point!!

And the point is........

Egg Nog
12-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't really think it's appropriate to be a jerk all the time, but extremist bigots deserve to be yelled at on every side of the social and religious spectrum. Basically: Don't go crying to your granny when someone calls you a moron when you yourself are explicitly denouncing more than a billion people.

There's no excuse for labelling a class of people according to the worst examples, and clearly this happens FAR more often in regard to Islam than any other religion.

(This wasn't aimed at any member in particular; just self-righteous bigots in general who fail to understand the scope of humanity)

Is Cody302 being sarcastic? I honestly can't tell.

kingofthering
12-11-2007, 11:27 PM
When I saw the title I thought you were talking about Drakkie.
I thought it was by Drakkie

Hmm... bit radically conservative, but if it was made, heck, it'd be a smash hit in certain parts of the United States.

"I believe our culture is much better than the retarded Islamic cultures," he told FOXNews.com in a telephone interview. "Ninety-nine percent of the intolerance in the world comes back to the Islamic religion and the Koran."

Retarded culture? What is this guy, 10?

Has he forgotten about the crusades? The various forms of holy war waged in the name of Christianity leading to today's war in Iraq (Bush said God told him to do it, and quite a few say shit about how we should spread Christianity)

Cody302
12-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Yes Egg, I was being an asshole on purpose, and you said it very correctly....''There's no excuse for labeling a class of people according to their worst examples''. `ol chickenmilker says " Good for him,`least someone's got the balls" and you call one guy(because of the way sooooo many bible beaters behave) a ''Total Moron'' based on the fact that he states he's from GodsCountry USA,and in doing so you singled him out. Now, this schmuck in the Netherlands is going to catch all bloody hell for making a 10 minute short on how bad some of these extremists pieces of shit brutalize women, where's that scope of humanity!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ABOVE ALL....It was a demonstration of how ****ing stoooopid it is for people to be sooooo outraged over a little insignificant comment....like .....say........a picture of an Arab with a turbin-bomb, claiming he is supposed to be Mohamed,when he wasn't.........or........wanting a teacher beheaded for allowing her Muslim students to name the class teddy bear Mohamed( is it Mu- or is it Mo-?)......or.......violently gang raping,beating then blaming and threatening to jail a woman because she was riding in car with someone she was not related to. Yea, what self-righteous bigots we are. I AM Sorry Nog,and everybody else, I just had to say it.

nizaam
12-11-2007, 11:46 PM
ahhh..Idiot's always stick together.....hey Redneck Rooster......lol
do yourself a favour Roosterjuicer.....first stop ogling your sister...then read a translated version of the Quran....Islam is not a religion....it's a way of life....& Osama & the rest of the terrorist don't represent Islam....CNN might say they do but they don't....the same way Bush's holy war doesn't represent the Christian faith....

Egg Nog
12-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Yes Egg, I was being an asshole on purpose, and you said it very correctly....''There's no excuse for labeling a class of people according to their worst examples''. `ol chickenmilker says " Good for him,`least someone's got the balls" and you call one guy(because of the way sooooo many bible beaters behave) a ''Total Moron'' based on the fact that he states he's from GodsCountry USA,and in doing so you singled him out. [etc]

I am not singling out the author in particular, I am singling out the class of people who he is a part of. People who judge the whole of a particular class of people based on several extreme examples. If it makes you feel any better or helps you understand me, I am by no means pro-Islam or anti-Christian. I am anti-bigot, and there are examples of those on every side of the picture.

My voice is critical but reactionary - I'm not going to start a fight, but I'll definitely get on someone's case for starting one. This is why, yeah, I can be a jerk--but I'm only a jerk to people who have shown themselves to be jerks. So I'm not technically a bigot.

There are scumbags from all religions and walks of life that commit horrible atrocities.

And please--structure and punctuation are wonderful things.

henk4
12-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Mr. Wilders is simply treating the Muslims in a similar way as Hilter once did to the Jews. Mr. Wilders claims he follows his democratic rights as he has been supported by 6% of the voters. Also Hitler got his power in a democratic base.

jediali
12-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Has he forgotten about the crusades? The various forms of holy war waged in the name of Christianity leading to today's war in Iraq (Bush said God told him to do it, and quite a few say shit about how we should spread Christianity)

The crusades where carried out by non-believing drunk nights and ordered by a confused pope. Not what i call chritianity! SAme with Iraq/Afghanistan/Northern Irelnad...its all politics! Many Islamic states apparently look on an average secular western country and assume thats how christians live...thats mislead. In the same way we look on islamic extremists and assume thats normal...thats screwed up too. Im with Eggnog, we need to look beyond predjudices and assumptions and look at human beings.

If christianity focuses on the inherent sin and infailibilty of man then surely we should take Bush's words with a pinch of salt.

ahhh..Idiot's always stick together.....hey Redneck Rooster......lol
do yourself a favour Roosterjuicer.....first stop ogling your sister...then read a translated version of the Quran....Islam is not a religion....it's a way of life....& Osama & the rest of the terrorist don't represent Islam....CNN might say they do but they don't....the same way Bush's holy war doesn't represent the Christian faith....

well that mostly explains my issue with rooster too

Wouter Melissen
12-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Wilders' popularity is closely related to the number of threats are made to his live. So for him its imperative to make these claims and movies.

drakkie
12-12-2007, 03:36 AM
Mr. Wilders is simply treating the Muslims in a similar way as Hilter once did to the Jews. Mr. Wilders claims he follows his democratic rights as he has been supported by 6% of the voters. Also Hitler got his power in a democratic base.

The main problem is a conbination of his shouting and the changing media. They print out every remark it makes even when it's about a marshmallow. Offcourse the guy has his right of free speech, but not beyond that thin line of criticism / insult.

In The Netherlands many people support him, because he does call the beast by it's name. However he never came with any plan/idea/proposal to actually solve this problem, he noticed. IMO this is very wrong and the late Pim Fortuijn actually did do this, before he was shot and killed.

Most part of his supports are narrow-minded people from the provinces. Not from the city, where most of the problems occur. Anyone with a little brains should see his way of doing politics is nothing but a popularity contest.

henk4
12-12-2007, 03:41 AM
In The Netherlands many people support him, because he does call the beast by it's name.

It might not be helpful to literally translate a Dutch expression into English. I do not remember Wilders having actually called Muslims "beasts", although he may secretively think so.
His appeal for freedom of speech was greatly compromised by his own appeal to forbid the Koran...

and that he finds a willing ear with a news station that has "stars" like S. Hannity and B. 'O Reilly does not surprise me at all.

Wouter Melissen
12-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Offcourse the guy has his right of free speech, but not beyond that thin line of criticism / insult.

Here you make a fundamental mistake. He should be allowed to say anything he wants. It's really the problem of other people if some expressions are insulting to them. You can say whatever you want to me and it will not insult me. That's because I don't take you or anyone who'd attempt to insult me seriously. That's what people should do with Wilders' comments; not take them seriously. However because a large majority of our inhabitants are quickly insulted, it is impossible to say things. Wilders knows this, just as everybody knows that you should not run around Rotterdam in an Ajax shirt. There might be a problem here, but Wilders' approach only makes it worse.

IBrake4Rainbows
12-12-2007, 04:04 AM
Bluntly - the guys a media-whore.

Only someone who stirs trouble for a living could make such a bru-ha-ha over a film that hasn't even been made yet.

Someone call media beat up?

He's more than allowed to make his point - however....different it is. I agree that we need to keep values close to our hearts - values of openness and understanding, not just tolerance - but blind hatred just puts him on the other end of the scale to the 1% of those who claim they are muslim and give the other 99% of the law-abiding, god-fearing and family loving group a bad name.

If the shoe were on the other foot, and the general dutch public were judged by this man, how unfair would that be?

roosterjuicer
12-12-2007, 07:27 AM
First of all...egg nog...There's no need for name calling. I have never once on this website called anyone a moron or an idiot, and inbreeder, or anything like that just because I disagree with what they are saying and even if you think I or someone else is a moron why wont you just adress the issue in a mature and logical manner rather than resorting to name calling.

Secondly, I am not a bigot. I do not think that all muslims are evil people or terrorists or anything like that, and I have never once said that I think that.

However, at the same time I do believe that there is a minor (not insignificant) portion of Islam that have it out for western society. To deny their existance for the sake of political correctness or naive overtolerance is a mistake. When there are people crashing planes into buildings, rioting in france, opressing women, demanding death for the naming of a teddy bear, or thousands of people are dancing in the streets saying death to an entire country because of a political cartoon I think there is a problem. While I know that islam is a "religion of peace" (like most religions) its also obvious that the minority of extremeists are behind the wheel right now and steering the religion and the region down a bad road because the silent majority of good muslims just sit by idly due to fear, and other reasons. And most people are too scared of being called a bigot, moron, idiot, or inbread to call it like it is.

Im not saying I completely agree with every thing this politician is saying, but what I am saying is that I like the fact that he is saying it.

henk4
12-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Im not saying I completely agree with every thing this politician is saying, but what I am saying is that I like the fact that he is saying it.

we don't, also because we are spending already years of taxpayer's money for his protection.

roosterjuicer
12-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He should be entitled to his without having to worry about being assassinated. Wasn't some other politician in the netherlands assassinated not too long ago?

Wouter Melissen
12-12-2007, 07:50 AM
However, at the same time I do believe that there is a minor (not insignificant) portion of Islam that have it out for western society. To deny their existance for the sake of political correctness or naive overtolerance is a mistake. When there are people crashing planes into buildings, rioting in france, opressing women, demanding death for the naming of a teddy bear, or thousands of people are dancing in the streets saying death to an entire country because of a political cartoon I think there is a problem. While I know that islam is a "religion of peace" (like most religions) its also obvious that the minority of extremeists are behind the wheel right now and steering the religion and the region down a bad road because the silent majority of good muslims just sit by idly due to fear, and other reasons. And most people are too scared of being called a bigot, moron, idiot, or inbread to call it like it is.

Who or what is to blame then? The book that's open to wide interpretation, or the idiots that interpret it in the most vile of ways?

TVRs4eva
12-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Who or what is to blame them? The book that's open to wide interpretation, or the idiots that interpret it in the most vile of ways?
My vote goes to the idiots

henk4
12-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He should be entitled to his without having to worry about being assassinated. Wasn't some other politician in the netherlands assassinated not too long ago?

we had a filmmaker killed by a Muslim fundamentalist and a politician killed by an environmentalist.

roosterjuicer
12-12-2007, 08:53 AM
wow thats unbelieveable

henk4
12-12-2007, 09:00 AM
wow thats unbelieveable

which is what we say when we hear about these regular random shootings in your country...

drakkie
12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
It might not be helpful to literally translate a Dutch expression into English. I do not remember Wilders having actually called Muslims "beasts", although he may secretively think so.
His appeal for freedom of speech was greatly compromised by his own appeal to forbid the Koran...

Not to handy, but I wouldn't know of a comparable expression in English. He did call them retards, dumb and whatever other insult you can imagine for the religion in general, not just the extremist people. I bet just as many extremist christians are around, if not more. Kind of funny comparison you make there, one i'll remember for the next discussion.

Here you make a fundamental mistake. He should be allowed to say anything he wants. It's really the problem of other people if some expressions are insulting to them. You can say whatever you want to me and it will not insult me. That's because I don't take you or anyone who'd attempt to insult me seriously. That's what people should do with Wilders' comments; not take them seriously. However because a large majority of our inhabitants are quickly insulted, it is impossible to say things. Wilders knows this, just as everybody knows that you should not run around Rotterdam in an Ajax shirt. There might be a problem here, but Wilders' approach only makes it worse.

So if i'd call you a retard (which I hope is not true :) ) time and time again all day long and make a lot of people think the same, you wouldnt care at all ? IMO criticism is not a problem at all, but insults are not the way to go. It has been tried multiple time by muslim organisations to get into a discussion with Mr.Wilders of which he refused all. He categorally refuses to talk and find a solution healthy to both parties.

His tough talking seems to make the matter only worse. Muslims feel treatened and either hide in the corner or come out, wanting to do something about it. But that is offcourse not correct. I've been the victim of a violent street robbery twice now. On one occasion I tried to talk to one of these (Maroccan) guys. He said something I will remember for always. "You hate us anyway, what do we care about you anyway. You are shit to me and all my muslim friends. You want to take us all away from our homeland." Afterwards he drawed a knife and tried to stab me, until just in time the police arrived with drawn weapons.

Cotterik
12-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I bet just as many extremist christians are around, if not more. Kind of funny comparison you make there, one i'll remember for the next discussion.

Other than the IRA (not technically christian extremists, but with a christian motif) as of late there arent anywhere near as many extremist christians around. If that was the case then things like this dilema wouldnt happen in the first place. I think the sheer amount of threat that the islamic society is posing on european countries is the reason why we get people like this reacting in such a way. If there were christian extremists then we wouldve had all out war right now on our streets. Its the threat and the sheer radical view of the islamic culture flowing into european societys that is causing people like this guy to react in such a way. I wouldnt compare him to Hitler in such a way because there wasnt any "jewish extremists" to make Hitler turn against them. That was a different situation to this entirely.

Like I've said before, if this guy was in the UK and he said that in the papers. Man.. some people would be too scared to go outside of their homes. Its a tough situation to crack. Islamic culture has been around for centuries. Its just that its views and motifs are so different to the christian morals and culture that exists in european countries, that when people immigrate in large quantities. Which they are doing. There is a clash. Sooner or later you will get more and more people speaking out like this. If europeans had a reason to immigrate to islamic countries then they sure would have alot more to say about it than we do.

This guys approach seems somewhat unintelligent. But it does identify an issue. It just goes about it in the wrong way.

Wouter Melissen
12-12-2007, 10:41 AM
So if i'd call you a retard (which I hope is not true :) ) time and time again all day long and make a lot of people think the same, you wouldnt care at all ?

Try me. It will just make you look silly, or should I say sillier. Just like his statements make Wilders look silly to sensible people. Unfortunately a large majority does not have my enlightened views.

Wouter Melissen
12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Other than the IRA (not technically christian extremists, but with a christian motif) as of late there arent anywhere near as many extremist christians around. If that was the case then things like this dilema wouldnt happen in the first place. I think the sheer amount of threat that the islamic society is posing on european countries is the reason why we get people like this reacting in such a way. If there were christian extremists then we wouldve had all out war right now on our streets. Its the threat and the sheer radical view of the islamic culture flowing into european societys that is causing people like this guy to react in such a way. I wouldnt compare him to Hitler in such a way because there wasnt any "jewish extremists" to make Hitler turn against them. That was a different situation to this entirely.

Like I've said before, if this guy was in the UK and he said that in the papers. Man.. some people would be too scared to go outside of their homes. Its a tough situation to crack. Islamic culture has been around for centuries. Its just that its views and motifs are so different to the christian morals and culture that exists in european countries, that when people immigrate in large quantities. Which they are doing. There is a clash. Sooner or later you will get more and more people speaking out like this. If europeans had a reason to immigrate to islamic countries then they sure would have alot more to say about it than we do.

This guys approach seems somewhat unintelligent. But it does identify an issue. It just goes about it in the wrong way.

Are you familiar with that small state within Rome? There is a guy with a silly hat in there that prohibits people from using condoms. That contributes to a certain extent to the deaths of millions of people every year.

Falcon500
12-12-2007, 10:44 AM
I thought the IRA was disbanded?

Cotterik
12-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I thought the IRA was disbanded?

They are. But if there isnt any other recent major examples of recent christian extremists thats why I mentioned them

Are you familiar with that small state within Rome? There is a guy with a silly hat in there that prohibits people from using condoms. That contributes to a certain extent to the deaths of millions of people every year.

I certainly am! I am an athiest and luckily that enables me to see the good/bad in all religions. And even more, speak freely of the issues within them. If religion as a whole didnt exist.. the world would be a brighter place! :rolleyes:

henk4
12-12-2007, 10:57 AM
They are. But if there isnt any other recent major examples of recent christian extremists thats why I mentioned them

I think there are a few of them around on the other side of the pond as well....

drakkie
12-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I think there are a few of them around on the other side of the pond as well....

Plenty on the island next to ours. I was there one Saturday night in a popular bar. There were plenty of "normal" youths, but some very strict Christian parents as well, watching if the town's kids would not misbehave or wear too "open" clothing. Just an example. Basically everything in life that is not their way, they have tried to ban. Luckily most proposals were shot down by the opposition.

Egg Nog
12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Secondly, I am not a bigot. I do not think that all muslims are evil people or terrorists or anything like that, and I have never once said that I think that.

This guy referred to the "tyranny of Islamicization", and explicitly expressed that "Ninety-nine percent of the intolerance in the world comes back to the Islamic religion and the Koran."

Then you said "Its about time someone has the balls to tell the truth about what is going on".

So maybe now you understand why someone would attribute these opinions to you and consider you a bigot.

kingofthering
12-12-2007, 04:30 PM
which is what we say when we hear about these regular random shootings in your country...

Blame it on our work-a-holic culture... (:rolleyes: )

Falcon500
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
This guy referred to the "tyranny of Islamicization", and explicitly expressed that "Ninety-nine percent of the intolerance in the world comes back to the Islamic religion and the Koran."

Then you said "Its about time someone has the balls to tell the truth about what is going on".

So maybe now you understand why someone would attribute these opinions to you and consider you a bigot.

Hes not a bigot he just acts like one.....

Frankly hes dug himself a fairly deep hole with no foreseeable way out. Ithink hes best off leaving this convo because there really isnt anyway to justify comments like that (xenophobia and racisum in the same go)

Like stuart (guy i went to school with) when he went to jail he hung out with neo nazis and he wanted a swastica tattoed on him now hes out and doesnt have his group looking after him he know has to wander the streets here with large indiginous,islander and ethnic communitys now hes sorry and wishes he never done it.