PDA

View Full Version : Race of Champions Results

Kitdy
12-17-2007, 06:24 PM
The Race of Champions final round came down to Mattias Ekström against Michael Schumacher. Ekström and Schumacher split the first two rounds and Ekström went on to win after Schumacher spun out in the final round on the last turn while pushing to catch up.

The nations cup however, went to Germany with Schumacher and Vettel taking the win.

Pics Below.

Super GT
12-17-2007, 07:30 PM
In Alabama they dont like F1 or diffrent types of racing. The only thing they like is NASCAR. Since I moved here from Canada I am a fan of F1 and it Drivers. One of my favorite of all time is Schumacher. I am happy it went to the Germans. I did not watch it but this is the first time I hear about it and I am happy with the results.

ZeTurbo
12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
where was the stadium? i saw abudahbi in back of some pics, was it in dubai?

12-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I think it was in UK

Kitdy
12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
where was the stadium? i saw abudahbi in back of some pics, was it in dubai?

Wembley Stadium in London, England.

Ferrer
12-18-2007, 12:52 AM
It's amazing how the RoC has evolved...

faksta
12-18-2007, 06:01 AM
I really enjoyed it (on TV). Pity they didn't take Grande Punto's on track during the second part of the event - at the end I was sick of Solutions and ROC Buggies..

NSXType-R
12-18-2007, 02:07 PM
What's the car Schumacher and the other guy was driving?

It looked like some sort of DTM machine.

Anyway, it looked like an awesome event.

faksta
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
What's the car Schumacher and the other guy was driving?

It looked like some sort of DTM machine.

Anyway, it looked like an awesome event.

You mean what? Red and yellow ones? Those are Solution F cars derived from Opel Astra. Solution F participates in BTC (Belgian cup), so it's not a DTM car :) .

Cotterik
12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
what happened to loeb this year?

LandQuail
12-18-2007, 11:04 PM
In Alabama they dont like F1 or diffrent types of racing. The only thing they like is NASCAR. Since I moved here from Canada I am a fan of F1 and it Drivers. One of my favorite of all time is Schumacher. I am happy it went to the Germans. I did not watch it but this is the first time I hear about it and I am happy with the results.

... ALABAMA? (spit on the ground) You moved from Canada to ALABAMA!? (spit on the ground)

I can't say much, as Arkansas is down at the end of the 'Places to Visit' list, accompanied by Beirut and Siberia, but Jesus, man, did you really have to move to Alabama? (spit on the ground)

It has its high points, and some of it is breathtakingly beautiful, but Arkansas is, in the grand scheme of things, shit. Still, it looks like Vienna compared to Alabama. (spit on the ground)

Of course those redneck heathens don't like F1. They're simple people, with a strong connection to the soil. Many of them eat mud, as I'm sure you've noted, when their bodies succumb to a preternatural craving for minerals after a solid diet of chicken-fried steak and deep fat-fried pork skins. The obsession with loamy soil is pervasive in Alabamian culture; they only relate to machines that help man churn and aerate the earth — like dirt-oval stock cars or monster trucks.

Exhibit A:
YouTube - Stolen Hemi Powered Pulling Tractor/ V8 Lawnmower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LVCoy4L8Ns)

Note the apostrophe misuse; no native Alabamian has correctly used an apostrophe since 1988, when Darl Maffee of Tuscaloosa spelled "Retreaded Tires. Cheap" on a portable roadside sign. Maffee later used a black magic marker to add an apostrophe, making the amended sign read "Tire's" but historians had already recorded the incident.

When the average Alabamian sees a Formula One racer, they immediately relate the open-wheeled machine with a tractor. When they see that it isn't pulling anything, they quickly lose interest.

I'm so, so, so sorry you've found yourself in Alabama, Super GT. I can only imagine what you're going through down there.

Fun Fact: Pita bread, Judaism, Danish kringle pastries, flying machines and berets are prohibited in the state of Alabama by state law, though it is legal to murder Frenchmen, homosexuals, Episcopalians and Canadian folk singer Neil Young within the state if no firearms or poisons are used and the murderer(s) are proven to be intoxicated.

LandQuail
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
But it's not Alabama I'm most angry with. Nope, right now I'm pissed at Speed TV, the macabre reincarnation of the once brilliant Speedvision channel that died back in about 2002 and was born again, in zombie form, after an unholy buyout by FOX.

Speed TV had scheduled to air the International Race of Champions a week or so after the event took place. I saw it on their schedule earlier this month, much to my delight. But to my horror an extensive search of their online programming schedule reveals that they've canceled it now, the piss-drinking, uncle ****ing bastards.

The dropping of the real IROC while its nomenclatural stateside doppleganger, an oval track race among 65 drivers sharing a all sharing a common Alabama zip code at the wheel of Ponitac "IROC: Firebirds (machines mechanically identical to those raced during the Truman adminstration) is an unprecedented and unqualified error of panther-****ing magnitude.

To put this in perspective, the recently unveiled VW Sc"IROC"co concept car was a mere sheep-****ing, in hindsight; one is merely distasteful, the other should, by rights, be lethal. It isn't, though. Apparently my slack-jawed countrymen love to watch pseudo-gearhead drivel repeated over and over and over again.

This American TV channel can **** up even the most evocative subject matter. Case in point: Their highlight of the Monterrey Historics at Laguna Seca was the ****ing Indy Roadsters of the 1950s/60s! These cars have two-speed transmissions, for the most part, and are only set up to turn left! Who wants to watch a bunch of (admittedly good-looking) cars stumble down the corkscrew at 1,200 RPM??? ****ING NOBODY — THAT'S WHO!

The coverage of the Barrett-Jackson auction was a travesty, and their half-assed "Ferrari: Legends and Passions" horseshit program makes a ham-fisted mockery of both Ferrari S.P.A. and Alain DeCadenet simultaneously.

They've stopped airing Victory by Design, the shit-eating, Chevy Cavalier Z 24-driving mentalists.

Their most highly-rated show, Pinks, is about racing like the film Anal Playground 4 is about housesitting. Whichever "team" bitches the most to that self-consciously penis-headed host is invariably the victor and who the **** really watches this NOPI Tunervision fishshit???

Did FOX recruit the producers of this channel by offering the job everyone who ordered a non-functional hood scoop for their Pontiac Grand Prix?

Speed TV still airs F1 races and makes a half-hearted effort at covering the 24 Hours of LeMans, provided that nobody's beating a late-model stocker around the Dipshit County Fairgrounds' 1/16-mile dirt oval. That's their only saving grace.

If the strongest voice for a halfway-erudite approach to media treatment of the automobile as art is an Arkansan with a picture of a Bob White quail as an avatar, then this country must indeed be in dark waters...

Kitdy
12-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Whichever "team" bitches the most to that self-consciously penis-headed host is invariably the victor and who the **** really watches this NOPI Tunervision fishshit???

Can't agree more about Pinks. They should just get cars with similar power to weight ratios and run straight up 5 times. That'd be proper.

Speaking of Tunervision I had the "pleasure" of watching that tonight with my friends. We didn't really watch it but gathered that it was a pile of horseshit.

I don't get Speed at my house but I must admit I do like watching Barret-Jackson.

france007
07-13-2008, 02:16 PM
whos going? i just booked my paddock tickets at "online ticket shop"

went last year was amazing! what noise inside the stadium!

cant wait for this year

Matra et Alpine
07-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Race of Champions tickets Wembley Stadium Middlesex, , Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site. (http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/220040D39AA94E4A?artistid=968660&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=25) seems to have a smaller mark-up than the one you used !

Kooper
07-14-2008, 05:37 AM
(spit on the ground)

You just crack me up! Brilliant reading as usual :D