PDA

View Full Version : its been done before to death ... lets settle it

KnifeEdge_2K1
04-28-2004, 08:36 PM
drum beat please

duh duh duh duh duh ....

yes you've guessed it, its the battle between STi versus EVO

for the record (since i know there are lotsa smacktard loyalists out there) the only 2 cars being compared here are the STi PPP (Britain) and the EVO (FQ 300) since these 2 are the most "equal" considering all equipment thats been changed for the american version

so no one i mean NO ONE talk smack bout how the STi has a 2.5 liter or the evo has been detuned. also this is the EVO VIII GSR FQ300 not the EVO MR FQ300 which is due out sometime this year.

now, let the fight begin ... err end :S ...

... btw i vote for Evo ^^

Sweeney921
04-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Evo.........

Egg Nog
04-28-2004, 09:58 PM
I added a poll... I remember a similar thread a looooong time ago, but I can't find it... if anyone does, tell me, and I'll merge these two threads.

ace
04-28-2004, 10:12 PM
STi just on value for money or bang for you buck take your pick !!! :)

bk4uyeah
04-28-2004, 10:36 PM
When the two cars were first tested on the roads some time last year, I was a die-hard STi fan. However, after reading various articles and looking at fairly impressive specs, my favor moved towards the Mitsu. Yet once again however, I changed my mind.

I now could care less and would have fun ripping around the tracks in either of the two.

ZerK
04-28-2004, 11:45 PM
I hate them both, but the STi looks okay, and the EVO looks uh... yeah.

I like the new Impreza WR1 though.

drakkie
04-29-2004, 02:10 AM
STi ......... i dont need to explain , do I

stratos
04-29-2004, 05:43 AM
My vote goes to ....... :eek:

Thanahammmmm !!! :eek:

And my votes goes to Subaru :cool: :cool: :cool:

Subaru wins !!!! :)

DarkPhenix
04-29-2004, 05:50 AM
Evo 8

cp01ae
04-29-2004, 08:11 AM
STi, it looks cooler, plus the horizontally opposed engine makes it different.

Cotterik
04-29-2004, 08:44 AM
I think its obvious that im gonna choose the Evo.
Why? because its closer to the rally car than the impreza, it grips better, it rides more like a race car than the Sti, it loves any surface you drive it on and handles like a dream. The Sti is explained by some critics as a family car on steroids, ive lost count of the number of baby seats ive seen in an Sti. The Evo however is a monster, it leaves all the work to you, so you feel more intouch with the car, and even at low speeds it feels like you are in a police chase. In this competition in all the magazines ive read, its been a close call, mostly summed up by the impreza being more comfortable and practical, in other words boring compared to the Evo which favours the longer distances than the quick trip to the shops. This car will take nothing other than full commitment and enjoyment while driving it, it has the heart of a rally car. Where looks are concerned, the Evo also takes the crown, with its smooth lines and aggresive eyes it makes you feel so jealous when one drives past. The Sti is bulky and ugly, with criminaly small front headlights compared to the evo. The impreza design also gets boring after a while, with the countless number of WRX Imprezas you see on the road for those with not quite enough money for the STI, they do not compliment the figure of the car at all with the pathetic spolier and the big ugly fog lights.You dont see as many Evo's on the road as you do Sti's, which makes it more exicting when you see one, even more so than if you see a Ferrari 360 ( well, for me anyway ).Ever since the Evo I hit the roads the Mitsubishi Ralliart mechanics have learnt from mistakes and progressed on advantages to all add up to the best yet; the Evo VIII FQ-300. I'm not saying the Sti is a bad car, its far from it, the boxster engine gives out a roar you wont hear for another 20 odd grand. The best Sti has always been the 2000 Subaru Impreza Sti ( photos on following post ) ever since then its got uglier and bulkier, ive not seen many cars as ugly as the 2001 Sti, but atleast they made up for that with the 2003 Sti which is starting to regain its looks and performance (the WR1 is awesome) Anyway its clear that after yet another year the Evo comes out on top HURRAH!!

Cotterik
04-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Here's a pic of the 2000 Impreza sti, the best Sti yet. ( for those of you who need remindin which one it is ) its the wrc version but its just to remind u.

Note: The Sti will probably win this poll because of all the fools you see drivin round in Modded Impreza's with way to big exhausts, and also the countless number of Rally fans who support the Subaru team. Oh well, we all know the Evo is king :D

Gabman
04-29-2004, 09:07 AM
I think its obvious that im gonna choose the Evo. Blah blah...
You've never driven any of these cars, have you?

I think I like the STi more, only because of the engine.

Cotterik
04-29-2004, 10:10 AM
You've never driven any of these cars, have you?

I think I like the STi more, only because of the engine.

My reply is based on both a review by jeremy clarkson on both cars and a summary of the two cars in CAR magazine monthly.

I have driven an evo only once before for a few minutes and my friends uncle has an Sti so its also my opinion mixed in. ok?

KnifeEdge_2K1
04-29-2004, 02:18 PM
ah man, please guys refrain from saying "the *** is best because (no reason)"
please justify ur answer (but dont make anything up, trust me ill know)
for the record on the top gear test track (which contains a series of different turns DESIGNED to test the handling of a car at the limit)

Lancer Evolution VIII GSR FQ300 1:28:9
Impreza STi 1:30:1

as you can see the difference is minimal but in the program (and various other sources which include a few car magazines and websites) the majority agree on the fact that the STi is more understeered and "nervous at the limit" (a retired professional race/rally driver said this, ill post his name and source later).

btw i've never driven either of these cars before and im basing all my comments based on facts which come from RELIABLE sources not the 12 year old kid who screams R35 GTR is the best because it can get 800 horsepower. and yes that was an insult to all u 12 year old kids who scream .... yadi yadi yada

GT500
04-29-2004, 05:41 PM
STi, hands down, my favorite car (that i might actually be able to afford). Awesome suspension, powerful engine, nice styling, everything to me makes this car the winner. The Evo is pretty nice, but I don't really think much of its looks.

junaman
04-30-2004, 05:56 PM
The STi wins hands down.