PDA

View Full Version : BMW 1 sereis

white devil
04-29-2004, 11:59 PM
I GESS YOU V all seen the new 1 sereis .
And i really likd it but we r thinking of buying a car and i am convincing my mom to get the 1 sereis does anybody know it s price????and when will it be in the market??? :confused:

Scientist
04-30-2004, 05:09 AM
It goes on sale in October and the price for the entry model (1.6L) is 15600 pounds.

Try to convice her! I've heard nothing but good stories about it.

white devil
04-30-2004, 11:51 AM
It goes on sale in October and the price for the entry model (1.6L) is 15600 pounds.

Try to convice her! I've heard nothing but good stories about it.

OHH I HOPE WE WILL BUY 1 cause it s realy awsom and it has an unbeleivable power :eek: but how much is 15 600 pounds in american $ or euro ????

Coventrysucks
04-30-2004, 01:13 PM
£15,600 is EUR23,100 or $27,700
It will probably be different due to taxes etc.

165bhp from the 120 is hardly unbelievable though.

Good luck with the persuading :)

junaman
04-30-2004, 06:18 PM
My mum is going to get a car at the end of the year, and she was thinking of getting the new Golf V. I'm trying to get her to buy the 1 Series instead. We currently have a VW Golf.
What do u think will be better?

white devil
05-02-2004, 12:15 PM
My mum is going to get a car at the end of the year, and she was thinking of getting the new Golf V. I'm trying to get her to buy the 1 Series instead. We currently have a VW Golf.
What do u think will be better?

I WOULD GO FOR THE 1 sereis without even thinking
it s just gr8 and mofre powerful than the gulf and even better looking than the new golf

junaman
05-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the answer!
I'll now try to persuade my mum to get the 1 series

Spastik_Roach
05-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Volkswagen is just a bit bland and normal. Miore heads will turn if they see a 1 series.

crisis
05-02-2004, 11:54 PM
While White Devils opinion is likely to be somewhat biased, I have read a review of the 1 series that rates its chassis dynamics fairly high. Seems a good all round bet if thats the tye of car you are after. The VW golfs on tthe other hand dont seem to get that good reports. So despite the polarising appearance of most things BMW currently (sorry Devil) The 1 series is probably the go. Not that the Golf is much of a looker anyway.

junaman
05-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Thanks again, i will continue persuading

IBrake4Rainbows
05-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Golf: Resale, Safe, Solid, somewhat Staid, but i think the chassis may not handle Australian roads, Volkswagen are Notorious in Australia for failing to tune their chassis's to Australian road conditions, causing them to bottom out over potholes and the like.
1 Series: Challenging (Nice way of saying Ugly), Different, a Little Left field, will have good resale, judging by the Compact. The chassis should be fine, better than the Golf, but I actually find it rather ungainly looking, but since you live in Melbourne people are a little more Avant Garde than here in Canberra.

My Choice: Golf. It's a very female car (I gather you'll be driving it when you get your L's, so your judgement might be clouded a bit here......) that has instant street cred, although it might be a little bit floaty. It'll be easier for your mother to drive, she might consider the 1-series overtly sporty, like my mother does the 328I we have. It's probably a hell of a lot cheaper too, i heard there thinking of selling the 118i for about $32,000! for a small Euro Hatch? your having a laugh, not when i can get something like the Mazda 3 or Indeed a Volkswagen Golf for $26,990!

junaman
05-03-2004, 12:26 AM
My mum already has a IV generation Golf and she likes it, so she wants the new golf, but i just think she needs something different

eyebrows
05-03-2004, 02:53 AM
tell her its safer and has better fuel economy... that'll get her lookin at it! :p

junaman
05-03-2004, 03:03 AM
Thanks to everyone for answering, i'll try my best with my mum!

Falcon500
05-03-2004, 05:14 AM
Wellmy guess is if its anything like my experiances in bmws the car will be slow,overtly soft,bad looking (and it is imo) and charge a absolute premium on parts...personally i think youd probly be better off with something more mainstream...they tend to go just as fast (if not faster...the new lancer does high 16s on the 1/4) more affordble to buy and run...anmd imo again look better...lancer,focus,festiva,barina,vectra are all names that come to mind...

junaman
05-03-2004, 05:16 AM
Thanks but my mum isn;t really looking for speed but more for luxury and reliability.

Falcon500
05-03-2004, 05:25 AM
Luxuary...cant really arguewith that...all i can say is whatever floats your boat...if thats what you are reallyafter you can talk to delaer...i dont know if the focus has a giha option like the laser did for example....
But reliability...ill more gladly stand buy the other brands...not saying they are unreliable...but when something does gowrong in beemers it reallydoes go wrong! anything with a bmw logo is costly to buy/replace...and despite popular belief they break down more then you think...(i used to work in a bmw dealership before you think im bashing without no experiance) keep covinceing if you will its your right to do so...they are great cars inm just trying tooffer an alternative that might be just as attractive :)

junaman
05-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Thanks a lot.
We'll speak to the dealer and see.