PDA

View Full Version : The day I had a drive in a Ferrari Enzo

-TT-
04-30-2004, 05:52 AM
Well this Sunday I had the most amazing experience a car nut can have! Thanks to some close online friends, i had a ride in a Ferrari Enzo in Germany, 300 km from my home. it was a blast, something you can't believe or understand.. as all of you I read so many reviews of Enzo or similar hypercars, but never, NEVER I was able to fully understand how damn quick such cars are. Just to let you know, the same day I was passenger also on a Ferrari 360 Spider and a Diablo 2WD and both cars, even the Diablo, compared to the Enzo are no faster than my BMW E36 320i, believe me!
Acceleration is for sure mesmerizing and able to cut your breath away, but the most impressive moments are the braking ones. Those brakes made my vision turn to black a couple of time and needless to tell you after 5 minutes I was car sick as I never was in my life, but it was the ride of a life and despite the quite high price for a 5 minutes highspeed drive (on open B roads but with speeds well over 200 km/h and the owner behind the wheel BTW), It was absolutely worth every single cent and if you'll ever be able to do something like that, pay, you won't regret! And if I think I was the only one that actually paid for the Enzo, I almost feel sorry for the others!

Anyway, the final word: if you think you can guess how fast a Enzo is, you are completely wrong... if you never experienced something faster than a some years old V12 lambo or present V8 Ferrari, you can't even come close ;)

And the big thanks goes for my pals at jabbasworld for giving me the best present ever!!!!!!!!!!

I think you will like the small (and shitty) vid I took with my Canon Pro 1 inside the Enzo and the 360 Spider too. Sadly it's a 8 MP digicamera but not really good for vids of course... that's why I'm gonna post a couple of pics too ;)

Here is the video.. it's just 6 MB, hosted by me on my g/f's website, so don't spread the url (and be quick since it won't stay up forever ;))

http://www.ks-creations.net/temp/enzoday.zip

As for the pics,

In the first 4 you can see

me looking dumb beside the funny Ferrari driver
me inside the Enzo while taking off
part of the lineup that day
more cars ready for the passenger rides

-TT-
04-30-2004, 05:55 AM
- The Diablo that took me around before the Enzo
- A nice 348TS
- The Gallardo up for tests too
- various V8 generations, 308 GT4, F348 spider, F355, F360 and more

-TT-
04-30-2004, 05:57 AM
- Ex Formula 1 Ferrari owned by the Enzo owner
- Partial Hamman bodykit for this 360
- basically the only Ferrari that wasn't red
- No need to tell you the 288GTO was the best of the bunch

-TT-
04-30-2004, 05:59 AM
- two Testarossa
- Lamborghinis: LM002, Diablo and Murcielago
- nice 360 Modena
- The Enzo some minutes before I jumped in :D

-TT-
04-30-2004, 06:01 AM
- Again the yellow Modena, it was just a privateer visiting the show like me (just a better car than mine LOL)
- Another privateer, coming with his DeTomaso Pantera, cool!
- again more privateers
- as above :D

cuntukimushroom
04-30-2004, 06:02 AM
i iz gonna start saying you lucky bstrd BUT i had a drive in the saleen S7 and the hummer H2 plus my freind owns a range rover garage and he got his hands on a range stormer he just called me so bye :cool: IM GONNA DRIVE IT well be driven in it

-TT-
04-30-2004, 06:04 AM
- Inside the Enzo, right before hell broke loose and the mesmerizing experience began!
- Another shot of the 288
- A couple of Maserati were there too!
- And for Porsche's fans ;)

Matra et Alpine
04-30-2004, 06:06 AM
Well this Sunday I had the most amazing experience a car nut can have! Thanks to some close online friends, i had a ride in a Ferrari Enzo
Nice friends, you owe them big :)
Great pics.
The video won't play, I get codec error, is anyone else able to view it ?
( I've had codec problems before so it may be mine )

...after 5 minutes I was car sick as I never was in my life, Please tell us you got out of the car first !!!

On trackdays I carry aircraft bags in the car for EXACTLY that reason.
most folks after a few laps on a race circuit at race speeds are queazy, so don't feel bad :)
Even folks who DRIVE can experience motion sickness when they are not driving. It's to do with the aggresive braking, acceleration and turning which they cannot brace themselves for the same way a driver does. it can help to imagine yourself driving. turning and braking as if you WERE driving :)

have you started saving up for another shot yet ?????

Niko_Fx
04-30-2004, 06:48 AM
I just saw the video..... NICE :) What speed did you guys reached??

Thanks for the pics.

<AAA-MOD>
04-30-2004, 06:49 AM
how much did this ride cost, if you don't mind me asking?

-TT-
04-30-2004, 07:59 AM
The video won't play, I get codec error, is anyone else able to view it ?
( I've had codec problems before so it may be mine )
Please tell us you got out of the car first !!!
have you started saving up for another shot yet ?????

LOL yes I managed to keep everything inside and jumped out of the car to find a dude wanting to interview me with his ****ing microphone LOL! Anyway I didn't vomit on him and I quickly felt better :D

I just saw the video..... NICE What speed did you guys reached??

Thanks for the pics

Well, as you may know, on the Enzo's speedo, the 200 km/h are on the vertical. And I wasn't able to see the needle after that since it was covered by the console.. anyway at the end of the first clip it was just passed above 200.. let's say 220 km/h (136 mph). The limit there was probably 80 or 100 km/h.
In the second part and on the Modena clip I think top speeds were around 180 km/h

how much did this ride cost, if you don't mind me asking?[/quote

īt's not a secret since every detail was posted anyway on JW ;)
the ride in the 360 and Diablo costed 60 Euro (each), the Enzo was 290 Euro

[quote]have you started saving up for another shot yet ?????

LOL, you bet!

werty
04-30-2004, 09:02 AM
-TT-

did you say your BMW is faster than the enzo? maybe i read it wrong

one more question- do they offer enzo rides for anyone with the money?

-TT-
04-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Yes you misunderstood me of course LOL. I mean.. compared to the Enzo, F360 and Diablo don't seem much faster than my 320i... of course they are both WAY faster than it, but the Enzo is so MUCH impressive that every other car seems a Fiat Panda ;)

And well, no the Enzo was not planned anyway for more than 3 or 4 rides. But anyway I was the only one.. basically without me the Enzo would have stayed into the garage.. poor sweetie :D

speedyone
04-30-2004, 09:55 AM
IF you want a good experience do not waste your money on a ride in the enzo!

Ask a round, i am sure most people would rather prefere a ride in the lamborghini murcielago. A top notch car 205MPH.

Matra et Alpine
04-30-2004, 10:09 AM
IF you want a good experience do not waste your money on a ride in the enzo!

Ask a round, i am sure most people would rather prefere a ride in the lamborghini murcielago. A top notch car 205MPH.
Can you explain why ?

Why would a Murc be much bvetter than on Enzo ON A TRACK ? Please explain.

I'm afraid the 'name' of the Ferrari will always atract more interest and higher prices than a Lambo.
It's just the way of the world.

At Knockhill, one of the kit cars (Quantum) was putting in some of the best times. A good driver, but the car looks like a family saloon and nobody was interested. You get used to the 'name' and the image being the attractor and not the outright performance :)

-TT-
04-30-2004, 10:49 AM
I'd like to disagree.. although the Murcielago is a MARVELLOUS and fast supercar, it's not so hardcore as the Enzo is... sadly the Murcielago as you can see in the pics was in the garage and not available (in my plans I wanted to test a 355, the Murcie and the Enzo)... but well.. it's for sure fast, and it's viscous tranny sure helps a lot, but well... my ass sat in a car that is more impressive than the Murci in every aspect probably.. especially the carbon brakes :D not to talk about the ingear acceleration a 660 ho engine can generate, even w/o AWD ;)

no idea if you simply are against Ferrari, period. if you really think Ferrari it's just a name, well, it's you the one that is wrong LOL. Also Lambo is just a name then.. next time maybe you should try talking about cars like the Noble M12 or even a Radical SR3...

I'm not part of the hardcore "Ferraristi" and the Enzo was a present. Personally, I would take a Carrera GT anyday given even the money for an Enzo or two ;) but I'm sure the Enzo is way sharper and more "raw" than the Murci is.. ence the best way to understand on your skin what supercars are about ;)

silverhawk
04-30-2004, 02:48 PM
TT, personally i would say that u r too lucky. i really envy yor for being in an Enzo. ive never even sat in a ferrari or lamborghini, just seen them on the roads or in motorshows & showrooms. i also thought that u said that yor bmw is faster than the Enzo & i was like: this guy is NUTS. anyways misunderstandings do happen. & why is yor expression in the 360 spider so funny?

-TT-
04-30-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm sorry for that BMW line guys, english is just my third language.. so of course it's not always very clear LOL.. I will edit that part :D

As for my expression in the 360, well, of course it was a friend of mine iwth his own camera taking those pics, and since the guy driving the 360 was a very funny person, he wanted a picture with both me and him LOL.. but he had no idea about his name, so he called me: "Matteo!!" to make me watch him and when I was already looking at him he called a random german name: "Kurz!!" and LOL, the guy turned instantly so I was trying not to laugh at him to loud ;)

Brazilian Boy
12-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Well, TT you were blessed...huhauhauh

The Video is extrem amazing, the nooooooooise, the noise is very different, is more soul, is the ENZO!!!!

Really, i want to drive one of this car someday....

Brazilian Boy

CdocZ
12-07-2004, 07:22 PM
veeeeeeery lucky man.

taz_rocks_miami
12-07-2004, 09:19 PM
One of the best presents ever man, congrats :)

-TT-
12-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Talk about digging up old topics ;)

BTW, I just noticed, despite I edited the subject of the topic back then, it still shows as "drive" instead of "ride".. obviously it wasn't me driving the beast :) just in case somebody would wonder...

Vindesh17
05-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I really wish I had friends like yours

Speedracer38
05-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Ive also had the opportunity to ride in very high end Ferraris like the Enzo, 2 F50s (one modified) and its a feeling unlike no other :)

SPHFerrari
05-13-2005, 03:55 AM
ive only been in a 360CS and a 308. just wait til next weekend.

r1ckst4
05-13-2005, 04:24 AM
wow... i didnt realise this thread was so old... i thought it was a new thread until a minute ago.. :eek: :D

by the way, TT you are soooo lucky!!!! i envy u man. :(

Rebirth of Xar
05-13-2005, 06:23 AM
im jealous!

dydzi
05-13-2005, 11:57 AM
i am jealous too, never even saw enzo myself. a ride in it has to be unforgettable experience.

is that you in the first picture in the first post? :)

and can you tell me which version of the 911 is that blue carrera? that rear wing looks kinda weird

Fumacher
05-13-2005, 12:15 PM
i am jealous too, never even saw enzo myself. a ride in it has to be unforgettable experience.

and can you tell me which version of the 911 is that blue carrera? that rear wing looks kinda weird
it's a turbo 911

Viper007
05-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Dam, I cant get the video to play i get some weird error in German.

-TT-
05-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Viper, the only codecs I have are the ones in the SLD codec pack and I can play basically everything.

In the first two pics (360 and Enzo), it is me in the passenger seats, yes.