PDA

View Full Version : UCP Nominations (2007) - Favorite Moderator

Rockefella
02-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Votes for your favorite UCP moderator can be posted here. For purposes of fair competition, I ask that all moderators refrain from voting in both the nomination and awards threads.

whiteballz
02-01-2008, 05:32 PM
IB4R.

Quiggs
02-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Rocke. <3

fisetdavid26
02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Sauc3. He's not very active but he gets the job done, mainly maintaining the huge Matt's High-Res hide-out index.

baddabang
02-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Coventry Sucks.

2ndclasscitizen
02-01-2008, 06:32 PM
IB4R.

Agreement.

Cyco
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
LotusLocost: For banning both Vaigra and myself

fisetdavid26
02-02-2008, 12:03 AM
LotusLocost: For banning both Vaigra and myself
Sauc3 banned me three times. Reasons: "o rly?", "here ya go" and the other one I can't remember. Good times anyway :p

clutch-monkey
02-02-2008, 01:47 AM
IB4R for banning me for not upholding picsorban, Daan for banning whiteballz for the dutch..

jediali
02-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Sauc3 for me

baddabang
02-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Someone nominate Niko for his hot wife.

SlickHolden
02-02-2008, 02:47 PM
FPV_GTHO, IB4R, Sauce3.
And all of them insert such icon here--->:D:D

henk4
02-05-2008, 09:24 AM
I will abstain from voting here. In general I find that the level of moderating has gone down over the last year. People are allowed to go off topic at any time, are allowed to frustrate threads with stupid/"funny" remarks, and there is a less critical attitude towards meaningless posts. So mod-team, do your best and Ill see you again at the beginning of 2009.

Quiggs
02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
http://www.awesomenessinabox.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/wambulance1.gif

Niko's wife is bangin'. Niko ftw.

Blue Supra
02-05-2008, 07:59 PM
The Dutchman! For tolerating us all pillaging his house once or twice a year.

fisetdavid26
02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Sauc3. He's not very active but he gets the job done, mainly maintaining the huge Matt's High-Res hide-out index.
I take that vote back.

I won't nominate any moderator. You guys are all doing a wonderful job at letting -What- ruin the forums. I have respect for you guys, I talk with a bunch of you on a daily basis, but seriously, you are lacking.

On this note I'm out of those forums until someone decides to be a man and ban that idiot.

Over and out.

-What-
02-06-2008, 11:27 PM
On this note I'm out of those forums until someone decides to be a man and ban that idiot.

Over and out.

Be out then.

I nominate Sauc3. He is very helpful.

Rockefella
02-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Sorry guys. While everyone may be against -what- and his shenanigans, he hasn't necessarily done anything to warrant a permanent ban. Infractions yes, but a ban isn't necessarily possible.

On the matter of the funny picture posts in threads that get taken off topic... again, while it is shunned upon, I'm not sure if it's worth going back and deleting all of those posts in trimming of the threads.

From now on, everyone behave I guess. Otherwise the mod forum will have to commence discussion on what to do. And, if that happens, we'll go from being too lax on this tomfoolery to Stalinesque on post deletion and infractions/bans. Take your pick.

SlickHolden
02-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I will abstain from voting here. In general I find that the level of moderating has gone down over the last year. People are allowed to go off topic at any time, are allowed to frustrate threads with stupid/"funny" remarks, and there is a less critical attitude towards meaningless posts. So mod-team, do your best and Ill see you again at the beginning of 2009.
that's becauce the chief of offtopic isnt a mod:D. I could teach them how to go off topic but make the topic change into a new one slowly enough to not be blamed for it:).

Like this;).

baddabang
02-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Sorry guys. While everyone may be against -what- and his shenanigans, he hasn't necessarily done anything to warrant a permanent ban. Infractions yes, but a ban isn't necessarily possible.

On the matter of the funny picture posts in threads that get taken off topic... again, while it is shunned upon, I'm not sure if it's worth going back and deleting all of those posts in trimming of the threads.

From now on, everyone behave I guess. Otherwise the mod forum will have to commence discussion on what to do. And, if that happens, we'll go from being too lax on this tomfoolery to Stalinesque on post deletion and infractions/bans. Take your pick.

I'm just going to say this: Even though -What- may be an annoying twat his house thread was the most entertaining thing UCP has seen in long time. (since Karmanns threads?) If we are not allowed to make off topic posts then UCP will become even more boring than it already is. It's the funny pictures, posts, and humorous collaboration of a select few members inside jokes that make UCP interesting. Don't get me wrong the site is EXTREMELY informative and helpful in the world of automotive news and technology as well as photographs, but it's JUST informative.

Chill out and live a little

Quiggs
02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
^ Respek.

And I demand full size of that avatar.

McReis
02-08-2008, 05:27 AM
If we are not allowed to make off topic posts then UCP will become even more boring than it already is. It's the funny pictures, posts, and humorous collaboration of a select few members inside jokes that make UCP interesting.
That's exactly the problem. UCP is not supposed to be a forum for a bunch of us, who already know each other, to fool around. It is supposed to be a worldwide forum for automotive subjects discussion. Unfortunately, it has become increasingly usual to notice that the "latest forum threads" box on the main page features 50% of non-car related topics.
Many people in UCP forums (with whom I simpathize and who I find very funny and interesting) are in serious need for a step back to see the whole picture.
Lately UCP forums have become a lot less atractive to adult and knowleadgeable newcomers.
Honestly, though I know such measure would annoy many nice members of our community, if I were the forum owner I would introduce very strict measures against off-topic.

henk4
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm just going to say this: Even though -What- may be an annoying twat his house thread was the most entertaining thing UCP has seen in long time.

I think this says more about you than about the forums.

baddabang
02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I think this says more about you than about the forums.

I believe others may agree.

henk4
02-08-2008, 01:44 PM

yes, people generally tend to agree with me.

McReis
02-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, "others" are not the whole UCP community. And if they are, then the forums need a sudden change. Not to get read of them, but to create conditions to attract new interesting and more knowleadgeable members. Even they are not great entertainers.

aNOBLEman
02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
To get back on topic, I'll nominate Sauc3 as well for keeping up the excellent high-res index and for being generally nice and helpful.

Niko_Fx
02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I vote for Niko_Fx.

Spastik_Roach
02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
That's exactly the problem. UCP is not supposed to be a forum for a bunch of us, who already know each other, to fool around. It is supposed to be a worldwide forum for automotive subjects discussion. Unfortunately, it has become increasingly usual to notice that the "latest forum threads" box on the main page features 50% of non-car related topics.
Many people in UCP forums (with whom I simpathize and who I find very funny and interesting) are in serious need for a step back to see the whole picture.
Lately UCP forums have become a lot less atractive to adult and knowleadgeable newcomers.
Honestly, though I know such measure would annoy many nice members of our community, if I were the forum owner I would introduce very strict measures against off-topic.

You can't force the forum to be something they're not. The last thing we want is an us and them mentality, most people on this board can be mature when they want to be.

clutch-monkey
02-09-2008, 11:31 PM
You can't force the forum to be something they're not. The last thing we want is an us and them mentality, most people on this board can be mature when they want to be.

are you with us..or against us..punk

:p

henk4
02-10-2008, 01:36 AM
most people on this board can be mature when they want to be.

Indeed, but are there are two small categories:
Those who can't be and those who don't want to be. Both of these are reason for concern.

SlickHolden
02-10-2008, 12:47 PM
are you with us..or against us..punk

:p
that's so childish..

P.S where do i sign up:).

ruim20
02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Indeed, but are there are two small categories:
Those who can't be and those who don't want to be. Both of these are reason for concern.

Most of us are, even when we fool around talking about someones mother, sister, or anything like that, we are mature enought to distinguish it from a real insult or just a fun thing, i don't fully agree with McReis, i think that the forum does have a in house quorum, but "outsiders" are allways welcomed, and they don't even need to know anything in particular, just goodmaners and common sence, from there on they start becoming part of this "family" to, i never saw an "outsider" beeing pushed aside when he/she is cordial and inteligent.

henk4
02-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Most of us are, even when we fool around talking about someones mother, sister, or anything like that, we are mature enought to distinguish it from a real insult or just a fun thing, i don't fully agree with McReis, i think that the forum does have a in house quorum, but "outsiders" are allways welcomed, and they don't even need to know anything in particular, just goodmaners and common sence, from there on they start becoming part of this "family" to, i never saw an "outsider" beeing pushed aside when he/she is cordial and inteligent.

the "problem" is that an intelligent outsider might not be too interested in a "fun" forum especially when "fun" takes over an inherently interesting thread. But you are right, there is a thin line, and most of us do not cross it.

fisetdavid26
02-10-2008, 03:02 PM
I decided I would take a small break from UCP for a week or two, I feel like I need to step back a little. Anyway, I decided to post on the current issue since it's important to me.

I believe it's a question of balance. If the forums are serious and only serious it's gonna be boring. Very boring. There are a few threads around like that. Long, subject to a ton of pointless debates and comparisons. I have nothing against serious threads that are interesting, unfortunately there aren't much around right now. Z06 vs. GT-R here, ZR1 vs. GT-R there, that's all I see. Humor is an important factor in life and it needs to be represented in the forums as well. We just need to set limits. If a thread is serious and interesting, moderators should make sure it doesn't go off topic and out of control. On the other hand, if a thread is not so serious and goes off topic, then why not? A few 'funny' threads here and there aren't bad. We'll have fun and we'll be able to enjoy serious threads at the same time. It's a win-win situation.

On another note, I would like to apologize to the moderator team for what I said a few posts above. I was upset about -What- trolling around and making the forums a 'let's bitch about -What-!' forum rather than a car one. My apologies guys.

As for Sauc3, I took my nomination back but that doesn't really matter since it's the nomination thread, not the voting one, and Daan has been nominated more than once anyway. I will vote for him. I agree though it was rather stupid, childish and unfair. I overreacted. Once again, sorry.

Finally, I have found a few good posts by -What-. If only, if only, all his posts would be interesting and politically correct instead of just being arrogant... Too late now I guess.

See you later guys, and I hope we'll find a solution to our current issues.

Coventrysucks
02-14-2008, 02:51 PM
People are allowed to go off topic at any time, are allowed to frustrate threads with stupid/"funny" remarks, and there is a less critical attitude towards meaningless posts. So mod-team, do your best and Ill see you again at the beginning of 2009.

I tried that once.

See post #5...

When I was first asked to be a mod I thought it was something of a privilege.

That seems like a long time ago.

Cliques rule, OK?

The very fact that people think this website is now a popularity contest, rather than a source of information, speaks volumes.

henk4
02-14-2008, 03:00 PM
The very fact that people think this website is now a popularity contest, rather than a source of information, speaks volumes.

don't mix up the forums with the website:)

Falcon500
04-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Lo and behold the voting page for the mods has gone off topic......