PDA

View Full Version : Photo colour issues

Manik
03-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Alright guys, this is really starting to make me mad here. I have my new camera, I take the pictures and transfer them from the Compact Flash to the computer. They are fine. I edit some, and re save them in a new folder, entitled finals. I save them at the high quality setting only and they all look fine. Now I come back about 4-5 days later and their true colour is gone and they look horrible. They transitions between colours look VERY degraded. Almost as if there are only 3 shades of grey in the grey areas, nothing is smooth at all. This also happening to UNTOUCHED original photos...which really throws me off, as I literally don't ever do anything to the originals, and whenever I edit them they get saved as a new file. This only seems to happen on this computer, which I run vista and CS3 on, my other one, which has XP and CS2, is fine, nothing happens to the pictures over a period of time.

I've included a sample below of what the photos look like now, there is so much loss I don't even want to keep them. I need to know whats happening here.

I have included a screen shot of what they look like on my screen, also, just a side note, I do have photos that I have downloaded off of the internet that still look fine. so it isn't my screen that is doing this, they did look FINE before.

Here is a black and white photo...

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=266658&stc=1&d=1204764169

And here is a colour photo...notice how much gray is in the photo...

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=266659&stc=1&d=1204764169

Any help would be appreciated...

Rockefella
03-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Maybe it's uploading the pictures in the RGYB setting.. or partly grayscaled. Not sure to be honest, never had this problem occur for me.

whiteballz
03-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Are you opening them from one pc to another? or all on one pc? it could be your settings screwing around with the .jpg

zeppelin
03-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I assume the difference is between your two different computers? It could be a number of things, from colour settings in each Photoshop, to monitor differences. I notice quite a colour difference between my iMac screen, and my Samsung LCD even after trying to balance the two out.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, it's probably just differences between XP/CS2 and Vista/CS3 as well as monitor calibration.

Manik
03-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Well now, after checking them out, it is just my Vista/CS3 computer thats messing with the images. But I dont even think its messing with them. I took one of the images, and transferred it to another computer, the image looked fine there...so that sums it up as a monitor problem...but now where does that put me? Anybody have an idea as to what I should do?

EDIT: I'll mess around with my monitor setting and get back to see if anything works...

EDIT 2: No luck...

The_Canuck
03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Do the pictures look good at any point on the vista/cs3 computer? If so then it can't be the monitor...

Manik
03-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Do the pictures look good at any point on the vista/cs3 computer? If so then it can't be the monitor...

I think after fooling around with some of the monitor and video card drivers it got screwed up, and ended up like this. As I had to download some new ones off of the internet because my old ones weren't compatible with Vista. In my rather noobish view for computers I believe its the connection from the computer to the monitor where the poor quality message is being sent. Than the monitor displays it like so.

EDIT: It seems fine now...I don't know how I fixed it...

zeppelin
03-07-2008, 02:41 AM
If it's the physical connection, then everything will look off; not just your own photos. Since you've 'fixed' it, did you install new drivers? Sometimes all it takes is a little calibrations and up to date drivers.