PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP: Round 2, Spain

Ferrari Tifosi
05-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Well today the second race of the MotoGP series went under way. Gibernau won, with Biaggi finishing 2nd, and Alex Barros coming in 3rd rounding out the podium finishers all Honda. Rossi was a fourth, and as a result he dropped down to 3rd in the Championship. This should be a great year and its looks like the championship is going to be a close battle between Gibernau, Biaggi, and Rossi. Lastly, Nicky Hayden is looking stronger every race and hopefully he too we be a serious contender this year.

Matra et Alpine
05-02-2004, 03:26 PM
It will be great.
Looking forward to a Rossi - Biaggi tussle on the steps of the podium - again :)

A bit of rain and all those Ducati's fall by the wayside.
:) Italian electronics :)

I think Rossi may still win the championship.
honda only care that an RC211V wins the ttle they don't care who.
So I think we could see different Honda riders winning races but not enough to beat consistent Rossi finishes.
As they're all indpenedant teams it will be interesting if this turns out to see what Honda do/say :)

Ferrari Tifosi
05-02-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm also looking forward to a Biaggi-Rossi battle for podiums, and I wish Capirossi had a better machine so he could get in the mix as well, but eh.

byronleehk
05-03-2004, 09:16 AM
I'm not a big Rossi fan but I still have to admit he's a great rider and a fast learner (remember all his crashes when he first switched to the big GP500 machies?)

After his switched to Yamaha this season he've won the first race (when was Yamaha's last victory?) and this should be a fun season to watch! Personally I've love to see Colin Edwards to do better though now that he's on a Honda :rolleyes:

Matra et Alpine
05-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Personally I've love to see Colin Edwards to do better though now that he's on a Honda :rolleyes:
Me too, but sadly I think Colin is just too big a guy to do MotoGP and would be best moving back to the bigger WSB bikes.
Some of the greatest bike riders I've seen from North England and Ireland at the IoM TT have said that it was there physical size which limited them going further on the international stage.
Like horse-racing size and weight DO matter ....

.... that's the only reason I'm not in a top MotoGP team :)

NAZCA C2
05-03-2004, 10:10 AM
I was glad to see some different people running up front. Hayden was so close to Rossi at the end of the race, one more lap and he might have passed him. Overall a pretty good race.

Ferrari Tifosi
05-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Go Hayden!!! Anyways I'm not sure exactly when Yamaha's last Moto GP win was but it was awhile ago.

Ferrari Tifosi
05-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Well, the next race is the French GP on May 16th, only time will tell who will win the next race. Honda or Yamaha???? Rossi, Biaggi, or Gibernau, or maybe even Hayden????

DasModell
05-04-2004, 10:56 AM
France .. Gibernau should be strong again .. and also Rossi ... the track is not a high power one so it should be ok for Yamaha again :) .. but i'm afraind for it at Mugello or Brno :(