PDA

View Full Version : The New NSX (i wish)

kigango123
03-18-2008, 01:35 PM
With the new gt-r being somewhat of a let down, the only hope from the land of the rising sun is the nsx but early spied mules and concepts predicted a front engined V10 with awd not what we would expect from honda, well some dude from NSX prime thought it would be best if he showed the world his vision of the nsx and you have to say it is not bad, but it is all lies

The F-16 makes a comeback! - NSX Prime (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100959)

Acura has released teaser photos of the upcoming successor to the legendary NSX. After much debate, Acura designers have finally agreed on the design direction. In attempt to save time and cut cost, a preivous design was revisited.

The short-lived HSC concept is reincarnated after the last design direction for the new NSX became too controversial. This new concept deemed the Acura “New Sports Car” Concept is designed and built around a new platform to incorporate a powerful mid-mounted V-10 engine and a rear-wheel-drive based version of Acura’s exclusive Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD™).

The concept’s exterior seems to be a synthesis of the previous HSC and ASCC. Losing the long nose from the ASCC concept, the tail is elongated to hide the new powerful engine beneath. The long tail, mid-engine stance is much more provocative compared to the last long hood design. The cockpit profile is softened compared to the sharp angled roofline apparent on the HSC, giving a more balanced and elegant stance.

The wide and low appearance is very reminiscent of its predecessor, with subtle changes to accommodate the new performance platform. Thin LED illuminated headlights are stretched wide and designed to mimic the headlights found on the first generation NSX. Other styling hints include the large, red rear taillights that have slate-like texture and the original black top color scheme. The aesthetics of the NSC are quite familiar to the Pagani Zonda.

Short overhands with 105.1 inch wheelbase maximize the handling and agility. Slotted carbon ceramic brake discs and eight-piston calipers ensure the stopping power for a powerful machine. Five-spoke forged aluminum alloy racing wheels are wrapped with 245/35ZR19 tires in front and 295/30ZR20 tires in the rear. The wheels are brimmed with a deep dish lip that accentuates the aggressive stance. The body is constructed from aluminum and carbon fiber keeping the curb weight as low as possible. This new coupe weighs in at 1350 kg, which will allow it to be as nimble as ever.

Two versions are going in production: one will be a GT and the other will be a full-fledged super car. The GT version will receive a 3.7 liter high-revving V-6 that will produce in upwards of 380 hp. The base model will also feature a modest trunk and will have the option of having the SH-AWD™ for every day driving. The premium model will dawn the “NSC-R” moniker. It loses the trunk, but will include a V-10 engine with over 500 hp, SH-AWD™, race tuned suspension and extensive weight savings for shear performance.

The base GT expected cost will be in the $80,000 area whereas the NSC-R counterpart will be well over the $100,000 mark. Only the NSC-R will receive the F16 black top, extra air inlets on the cowl to provide more air flow to the V-10 engine and will have a limited production of roughly 1000 units per year.

Acura New Sports Car Concept dimensions:

Width: 76.3 in
Length: 170.3 in
Height: 45.4 in
Wheelbase: 105.1 in
Tires:
Front: 245/35R19
Rear: 295/30R20

P.S: The Last Picture is from an anonymous source, just thought i would post it

LeonOfTheDead
03-18-2008, 02:01 PM
not so good looking. a little bit of the first nsx, some of the ferrari aurea concept, some of the vector m12 (imo)...the first nsx was wonderful, they shouldn't ruin it trying to refreshing the style. we need THE new nsx, not a new one. there's a sensible difference in my thoughts

-What-
03-18-2008, 03:24 PM
With the new gt-r being somewhat of a let down...

What media outlets have you been listening to. The GT-R has been fantastic.

This "fake" NSX looks much better than what Honda has in mind for the next NSX. Honda as designers...are overrated.

RacingManiac
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM
I also don't see GT-R as much of a "let down"....the fact that they have been able to make a 3800lb car does the thing it does is nothing short of amazing....

coolieman1220
03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
ya if honda does a front engine vehicle it will be a waste but i dun see honda making a new supercar anytime soon. Honda's r&d is dumb.

Niko_Fx
03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe he meant things such as controlled-by-gps top speeds, no manual available, incredibly heavy, according to Nissan "unmodifiable" with after market pieces, etc...

I really hope the NSX gets less of a futuristic look. I never really liked the HSC, they should keep it simple, only manual, light as a feather, and mid-engined... and please add that 10 cylinder engine that everyone is talking about.

RacingManiac
03-18-2008, 05:01 PM
There is already aftermarket ECU and exhaust out for the GTR, Amuse makes it already, and the car is pushing 580ps with those according to Apr 2008's Best Motoring test, the car also have as a suspension kit. Altogether worth about dropped the laptime of the GTR around Tsukuba from 1:02 to 59 second range....

-What-
03-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Maybe he meant things such as controlled-by-gps top speeds, no manual available, incredibly heavy, according to Nissan "unmodifiable" with after market pieces, etc...

The GPS top speed is a japan only feature so quit crying. I wish it offered a manual too, but people who have driven paddle shifters tell me manuals are overrated, so quit crying again until you try it.

INCREDIBLY HEAVY? You are overrating its weight. Again, quit crying. What is with you new-wave of people expecting light-as-a-feather developments from vehicles with "heavy" histories? Were previous GT-R's heavy? Yes. And you must understand that with increasing safety policies weight is going to go up and up. ALSO...price? The lighter you make it, the more exotic material required...the MORE EXPENSIVE. And who cares how heavy it is if the GT-R really is performing the way it has been in its recent test? I don't care if that summa-bitch was 5000 kgs, it runs the N-Ring in 7:30-sumthing and cost less than a Viper...and seats 4.

Niko_Fx
03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
The GPS top speed is a japan only feature so quit crying. I wish it offered a manual too, but people who have driven paddle shifters tell me manuals are overrated, so quit crying again until you try it.

INCREDIBLY HEAVY? You are overrating its weight. Again, quit crying. What is with you new-wave of people expecting light-as-a-feather developments from vehicles with "heavy" histories? Were previous GT-R's heavy? Yes. And you must understand that with increasing safety policies weight is going to go up and up. ALSO...price? The lighter you make it, the more exotic material required...the MORE EXPENSIVE. And who cares how heavy it is if the GT-R really is performing the way it has been in its recent test? I don't care if that summa-bitch was 5000 kgs, it runs the N-Ring in 7:30-sumthing and cost less than a Viper...and seats 4.

First of all relax, if you want to take this conversation to a higher level after coming from a ban then it is your choice. I defended your immature a$$ in the moderator's forum, so watch your tone before absolutely everyone turns on you.

I am not crying, cause I don't own the car and never will... (even if I could afford it, manual is in my blood and I hate paddle shifters which I HAVE USED)

The speed is limited to 156mph in the rest of the world.... please, an SVT Cobra will easily get you there.

Stuff seems to break faster in heavier car... So much power, so much weight.... Brakes, transmission, wheels.... good luck. I like them light myself.

And once again my post started with "maybe he meant". I thought it would be over implied that I'm trying to let the rest understand where I believe Kigango was coming from. Given the case that Kigango would have said "The GTR is awesome" I could have said "Well, I believe that he's saying this due to its incredible lap times, accel considering the weight, handling, etc..." But you're always ready to start something aren't you?

I don't know why I even bother.

-What-
03-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Niko, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you.

I have to disagree with your "things seem to break faster on heavier cars" statement. Most lightweight cars I think of are "fragile"...i.e. Elise, Ferraris, Mosler...I know those are some extreme examples but I can't think of a light-weight car with decent horsepower that has good reliability.

2ndclasscitizen
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM
The speed is limited to 156mph in the rest of the world.... please, an SVT Cobra will easily get you there.

So it's the same as every fast MB, BMW and Audi, and quite a few other cars as well. And last time I checked, those cars don't give you the option of delimiting them when you go to a track day.

Ferrer
03-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Top speed is 193mph in Europe.

Niko_Fx
03-19-2008, 01:34 AM
So it's the same as every fast MB, BMW and Audi, and quite a few other cars as well. And last time I checked, those cars don't give you the option of delimiting them when you go to a track day.

And the fact that BMWs, MBs, and Audis are limited make the GTR so much better....

Top speed is 193mph in Europe.

Awesome, I didn't know that. Where I live I'd be screwed though.

2ndclasscitizen
03-19-2008, 02:52 AM
And the fact that BMWs, MBs, and Audis are limited make the GTR so much better....

Yes, it does. It means that Nissan recognises that people are increasingly taking their cars to track days, and can limit their top speed on the road to satisfy the safety/environmental nazi's without making owners incur unnecessary costs delimiting to take their cars to a track day.

Awesome, I didn't know that. Where I live I'd be screwed though.

By 156mph limiter? Sure :rolleyes:

kigango123
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
There is already aftermarket ECU and exhaust out for the GTR, Amuse makes it already, and the car is pushing 580ps with those according to Apr 2008's Best Motoring test, the car also have as a suspension kit. Altogether worth about dropped the laptime of the GTR around Tsukuba from 1:02 to 59 second range....

You have to admit that it hasn't lived to the expectations following the r34.
Bigger, larger, slower and much less tunable than the r34, if anyone in this forum were given the choice, The new gtr would be crushed.

Also besides amuse who have already designed their own suspension and ECU, none of the other tuning firms seem to be making any progress, between Top Secret and HKS all i saw was new exhaust,new boost controller, new intake plumbing, the usual aesthetics and new rims which coincidentally are the same size as stock ones. Garage 20 didn't even bother with the whole process, they just painted their rims black, and as a side note even in super GT, Nissan wasn't confident enough with their v6 to even let it race in gt300 in the new gt-r

2ndclasscitizen
03-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Bigger, larger, slower and much less tunable than the r34, if anyone in this forum were given the choice, The new gtr would be crushed.

Could the R34 crack 4sec to 100kmh? Or do nearly 200mph? And tunability isn't a concern of manufacturers.

Also besides amuse who have already designed their own suspension and ECU, none of the other tuning firms seem to be making any progress, between Top Secret and HKS all i saw was new exhaust,new boost controller, new intake plumbing, the usual aesthetics and new rims which coincidentally are the same size as stock ones. Garage 20 didn't even bother with the whole process, they just painted their rims black, and as a side note even in super GT, Nissan wasn't confident enough with their v6 to even let it race in gt300 in the new gt-r

The car's barely been on sale, those things take time. Plus, with the demand for the car it might have taken them a while to even get a car to work on. And a Super GT car has zero to do with the road car it's fibreglass body is supposed to look like.

RacingManiac
03-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Best Motoring also tested the stock new GTR on track against tuned R32-R34 GTR, with the R34 being a 600+ BHP MCR version, it is less than 1/2 sec slower for the lap around Tsukuba.......

GT300 and GT500 has nil to do with street cars, both class allows ridiculous amount of modification, and engine choices, which means it really doesn't matter what car or engine you run.....

kigango123
03-19-2008, 12:32 PM
The car's barely been on sale, those things take time. Plus, with the demand for the car it might have taken them a while to even get a car to work on. And a Super GT car has zero to do with the road car it's fibreglass body is supposed to look like.

Allright, if we compare it to the evo x which came out at almost the same time as the gtr and has not gotten as much attention.

HKS has been able to created chassis upgrades with new suspension parts, engine upgrades, uprated turbos and plumbing to go with it, JUN have their time attack car while ARC's demo car is just amazing. The gt-r really doesn't compare with its tuning progress

roosterjuicer
03-19-2008, 12:33 PM
i must say i love the look of the old nsx. to me it is still one of the prettiest cars ever made. unfortunately they never really updated it much to keep up with the competition and with the price where it was, you didn't really get much for what you pay.

ive actually considered buying a used nsx (you can usually find them used for relatively cheap) but in the end its just not worth it when there are corvettes and vipers out there for cheaper.

i would love to get an nsx body and throw an ls2 or ls7 in it. then it would have the power to back up its looks:^)

Niko_Fx
03-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes, it does. It means that Nissan recognises that people are increasingly taking their cars to track days, and can limit their top speed on the road to satisfy the safety/environmental nazi's without making owners incur unnecessary costs delimiting to take their cars to a track day.

I meant the fact that they are limited as well. Your argument is like a kid telling his mother that he got 15 out of 100 on an exam but that she doesn't have to worry because the rest of the class got the same score or worse. He still failed http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug.gif

By 156mph limiter? Sure :rolleyes:

Given the power that the car has I would definitely hit that speed a few times. It has the acceleration power of a Ferrari F430, imagine one of those limited to 156mph :rolleyes:

kigango123
03-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Given the power that the car has I would definitely hit that speed a few times. It has the acceleration power of a Ferrari F430, imagine one of those limited to 156mph :rolleyes:

Anyways :rolleyes:, If we would get of the nissan thing for just a second, I think that the ASCC or next gen NSX is not in keeping with the NSX theme. Honda has gained its reputation of suppling cars to the general masses, whether due to fuel economy, price, sizing in sedans, sports cars, motorcycles, boating and almost all types of transportation even jets, but now they just seem to have lost it.

Speaking of Ferraris, i would rather have this Mid engine V6 Ferrari than the v10 NSX, just a rendering but it would totally eat the gt-r

The idea for this car was simple, fast, aerodynamic and beautiful, while taking styling queues from Ferraris old and new. Being a mid-engine rear wheel drive, I had the freedom to give the car a really aggressive stance. Low, pointy front and Muscular rear makes it look like its ready to pounce.

I designed this car originally as a Dino concept. But the name didn't compliment the design. So I went for something more Ferrari. Ferrari F250. I think it's works well with the car. The number 250 which comes from the legendary 250 GTO.

Being a small car and very light I was thinking of a 2.5L V6 engine (250) that runs on bio-fuel

kingofthering
03-19-2008, 05:50 PM
With the new gt-r being somewhat of a let down...
Funny, 99% of the automotive magazines disagree.

Like the others said, who cares about tunability? If a car is good enough, it doesn't really need to be tuned.

RacingManiac
03-19-2008, 07:27 PM
btw, the EVO X stock is over 100kg heavier than the EVO IX stock, and slower too....

And its slower than the new STI....the cars were tested head to head in Jan or Feb 2008 of Best Motoring as well...

2ndclasscitizen
03-20-2008, 12:50 AM
I meant the fact that they are limited as well. Your argument is like a kid telling his mother that he got 15 out of 100 on an exam but that she doesn't have to worry because the rest of the class got the same score or worse. He still failed

By doing this, Nissan have managed to obey the JDM 111mph limiter, and please safety-crats around the world (and there will more and more cars with speed limiters in the future), making it easier for them get the car approved and on sale in various markets around the world and deflect any criticisms about allowing excess speed on the road, but still allow owners to take their cars to their full potential without spending money on modifying the car. I fail to see how that is a fail.

RacingManiac
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
FYI just to put the speed of the supposedly disappointing GTR in perspective, Best Motoring test of the Z-Tune R34 GTR(BMI Vol 22), which is the factory tuned, track-biased car, was 1:01.15 around Tsukuba, where as the current R35 GTR, a car that weighs a whopping 1740kg as opposed to the 1600kg of the Z-tune, runs 1:02.06(BM March 2008). The mildly tuned Amuse R35 GTR clocks in at 0:59.74....And then there are still the factory V-spec car coming....

CapnBoost
03-21-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm having a discussion with some gentlemen on another forum (not a "car" forum) about supercar design. I'm saying the evolution of supercar design is far slower than regular cars. And i stand by it. The pictures i saw in the OP are not deserving of hondas new supercar offering. What ever they did to design the NSX they need to re-do with the modern world in mind. Taking the old design and make it swoopier is copping out on good design work.

In other news- my car is factory limited to 155, with my ecu change i'm no longer limited to 155 yet i've never topped it. The space/ safety barrier simply doesn't exist on publicly traveled roads to achieve those speeds. Only the autobahn and various open road rallyes will anyone be sustaining those kinds of speeds. Furthermore, if you have the money for the gtr you have the money for the vx-rom which eliminates the limiter (a primary concern in its development) and bumps boost.

BAWWWing about the gtr is getting tired. It goes 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, it's capable of nearly 200mph *stock* and your grandmother can drive it to bridge club. That is nothing short of amazing.

Roentgen
03-21-2008, 10:39 PM
I like it. But I think they should add more air intakes... more aggressive... less of a "concept car."

v.6
03-23-2008, 04:02 AM
ya if honda does a front engine vehicle it will be a waste but i dun see honda making a new supercar anytime soon. Honda's r&d is dumb.

Maybe you should mention that to Ayrton Senna's family. Honda R&D efforts delivered all three F1 world titles to probably the greatest driver of our time.

v.6
03-23-2008, 04:55 AM
I'm having a discussion with some gentlemen on another forum (not a "car" forum) about supercar design. I'm saying the evolution of supercar design is far slower than regular cars. And i stand by it. The pictures i saw in the OP are not deserving of hondas new supercar offering. What ever they did to design the NSX they need to re-do with the modern world in mind. Taking the old design and make it swoopier is copping out on good design work.

Don't forget most supercar design is not done in-house. This thread started with a Honda reference and they are a point in question i.e. the NSX supercar design.

When his father died in 1966 Sergio Pininfarina was supposedly the major Ferrari influence in the houses movement towards what later became identifiable as Maranello's own iconic house design. But I read when he was succeeded at Pininfarina in 2006 as well as being made Honarary Chairman he went heavily into Italian politics and contributed directly to the Italian Prime Minister resigning. If its to be believed this influenced the NSX project you can certainly see the Sergio affect on the typical rigid angular Nissan MID4 chassis mentioned in other forums as the NSX predecessor. From his bio, interest in politics and ambition to toplle the Italian Prime Minister you can also imagine the influence Sergio Pininfarina brought to bear on controlling his firms design output. Here is evidence design is driven by two things, passion AND politics.

Ingolstadt
03-23-2008, 07:20 AM
Funny, 99% of the automotive magazines disagree.

Last check, it's 100%.

P4g4nite
03-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Bigger, larger, slower and much less tunable than the r34, if anyone in this forum were given the choice, The new gtr would be crushed.Kigango, are you missing a chromosome or something? Why do you say such idiotic things?

The New GTR is less tunable than the R34 because A) the new car is far, far more developed then the low tune, sedan based Skyline and B) the R34 was basically unchanged since 1989.
There is far less to do to the far more complex and far more capable new car which is great for people who will actually buy one.

and as a side note even in super GT, Nissan wasn't confident enough with their v6 to even let it race in gt300 in the new gt-r
They also hadn`t used the RB26 for a long time either, and the Supras used big bore V8s instead of the 2JZ. Don`t pretend you have the slightest clue why one engine is used instead of another.
And it competes in the GT500 class, not the 300. I watched them finish 1-2 at Suzuka last week.

And as a side note, your sig is unbelievably ironic.

kingofthering
03-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Last check, it's 100%.

Well...some magazines have yet to test the GT-R, so to cover my ass, it's better to say 99%;)

kigango123
03-23-2008, 01:03 PM
There is far less to do to the far more complex and far more capable new car which is great for people who will actually buy one.
They also hadn`t used the RB26 for a long time either, and the Supras used big bore V8s instead of the 2JZ. Don`t pretend you have the slightest clue why one engine is used instead of another.
And it competes in the GT500 class, not the 300. I watched them finish 1-2 at Suzuka last week.

All i was saying is that i would have expected Nissan would at least have entered a skyline with the original engine in GT300 even though they entered a v8 in GT500. After all almost every skyline till 2003 and every Z till 2007 in super gt used the vq30 v6, so it had to be competitive to say the least

2ndclasscitizen
03-23-2008, 06:56 PM
After all almost every skyline till 2003 and every Z till 2007 in super gt used the vq30 v6, so it had to be competitive to say the least

Except for the V8 ones.

P4g4nite
03-23-2008, 07:39 PM
All i was saying is that i would have expected Nissan would at least have entered a skyline with the original engine in GT300 even though they entered a v8 in GT500. That isn`t all you were saying, I read what you said and it was, as many people pointed out, ridiculous, ignorant and wrong.
And why would Nissan or anyone, enter a GTR in GT300 when the factory car has 480bhp?
What were you thinking?

kigango123
03-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Except for the V8 ones.

which in Nissan's case have only been entered in 08 and have only run 2 rounds

kigango123
03-23-2008, 08:00 PM
That isn`t all you were saying, I read what you said and it was, as many people pointed out, ridiculous, ignorant and wrong.
And why would Nissan or anyone, enter a GTR in GT300 when the factory car has 480bhp?
What were you thinking?

Indeed, Why would there be so many lambos, saleens, porshes, ford gt, even ferrari entrants in GT300 when some of them clearly make above 300, no 500 hp, What was i thinking?

Fact of the matter is that if the world likes the overly hefty and nanny protected gt-r, I do not mind but I find it rather disappointing

clutch-monkey
03-24-2008, 12:39 AM
i don't think you've been around R34's much. I don't like the R35 because of the nanny stuff and it's potential misuse. not because it's a bad GTR. it's a very good GTR, which have always been big and heavy...want something lighter, be dissappointed in nissan for not making a 200SX.

P4g4nite
03-24-2008, 01:19 AM
What was i thinking?
Hell if I know, but if it seems reasonable to you that Nissan would want it`s brand spankers new flagship supercar to make it`s racing debut in detuned form competing in a lesser class when it can win in the top series...then I wish you good luck in your management career.

Fact of the matter is that if the world likes the overly hefty and nanny protected gt-r, I do not mind but I find it rather disappointing
Then you must find every new car dissapointing. Are you aware that GTRs were all speed limited? Fact of the matter is that the new car is an order of magnitude more capable then the old and sells for the same price.
I am bamboozled by your describing it dissapointing, what on earth did you want it to be?

jugga
04-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Hell if I know, but if it seems reasonable to you that Nissan would want it`s brand spankers new flagship supercar to make it`s racing debut in detuned form competing in a lesser class when it can win in the top series...then I wish you good luck in your management career.

Then you must find every new car dissapointing. Are you aware that GTRs were all speed limited? Fact of the matter is that the new car is an order of magnitude more capable then the old and sells for the same price.
I am bamboozled by your describing it dissapointing, what on earth did you want it to be?

true they may as well spend more time and moeny developing chassis and the rest of the car and drop in a proven race winning engine for the debut.

u never know they may be developing the V6 for Future use!!the nsx s still use v6s with large turbos yeh??

is there anyway to get JAP Super GT in UK, on DVD or Internet or TV???

CircuitHero
04-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Also besides amuse who have already designed their own suspension and ECU, none of the other tuning firms seem to be making any progress, between Top Secret and HKS all i saw was new exhaust,new boost controller, new intake plumbing

...am I missing something here? What else do you want?! Essentially, what you have there is what most tuners effectively considers as Stage 1, and to a degree 2 tuning. The car isnt even released over here until next year and the only other thing I could possibly need is a bigger turbo? Oh noes!

As for JGTC, I forget, but is it the GT300 Supra thats powered by the 3S-GTE? Best place to watch it over here is online really mate.