PDA

View Full Version : Any1 from UK going to le mans 24hr race this year?

carbrochuretom
03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Going to le mans this year? Travelling from UK?

I'm travelling with a mate to le mans this year and we're looking to hook up with some peeps to form a convoy!

It will be a laugh. Better to be in a group than on our own, certainly more socialable...

Our plan at the moment is to have an astra sport for the journey and we would be delighted to be joined by some fast cars......naturally!!!

Leaving on Friday 13th June, in the morning. Can arrange to meet close to the M20 somewhere in Kent.

Although not booked yet, we plan to cross the channel with eurotunnel.

So if anyones interested, get in touch!!!

AU REVOIR

henk4
03-24-2008, 11:26 AM

I'm travelling with a mate to le mans this year and we're looking to hook up with some peeps to form a convoy!

It will be a laugh. Better to be in a group than on our own, certainly more socialable...

Our plan at the moment is to have an astra sport for the journey and we would be delighted to be joined by some fast cars......naturally!!!

Leaving on Friday 13th June, in the morning. Can arrange to meet close to the M20 somewhere in Kent.

AU REVOIR

I think you'll find more potential company when you ask the same question on the tentenths forum...There will be a delegation from the UK moving over...

Dantera22B
03-24-2008, 01:36 PM

AU REVOIR

I tell you what mate, i'm seriously considering going again this year. I'm supposed to be making my annual pilgrimage to Donington park for the Download festival but the line-up is not really catering to my tastes. it's the same weekend in June so I have the time booked off work already. I'm going to enquire with some of my mates to see if they're up for it. I'll keep you posted though. Dan

Well the 156 isn't all that rapid but its running like new now i have new plugs, valves, coil packs, belts and timing gear, so i'm sure i could keep up. Also wondering if you've been before or whether you're getting your Le Mans wings?

carbrochuretom
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Well the 156 isn't all that rapid but its running like new now i have new plugs, valves, coil packs, belts and timing gear, so i'm sure i could keep up. Also wondering if you've been before or whether you're getting your Le Mans wings?

Well im sure the 156 will cope. I say we 'might' have an astra sport. It was gonna be a mini cooper, but that cars days were numbered a few weeks ago:eek:

So my m8 is looking at an astra, but possibilities of something different, maybe a golf gti, BMW 3 series convertible, or....bizarrely....
a C-Max (<<<<<LAST RESORT)

Will be the first time to Le Mans - but im a world class Navigator - Went to Nurburgring with the same mate in February and mastered the ring road round Brussels no troubles. So getting to Le Mans, should be a doddle.

Matra et Alpine
03-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Organised my time to finally get it cleared and will be takign the RX-8 to Le Mans along with a dozen other UK owners. Look out for us, we'll have the largest beer bottle pile going :)

carbrochuretom
04-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Well, my plans just changed. Just booked up to go to the French GP instead. its a shame I cant fit both in, but I cant get time off work :(