PDA

View Full Version : Some help pls?

Rotary.freak
04-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm trying to get my avatar to show but I can't for some reason. The picture is there and it even loads up in the little preview section after i set it up but i can't see it when i post or read my old posts.

I'm just curious can you guys see the avatar or does it just not load up?

fisetdavid26
04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm trying to get my avatar to show but I can't for some reason. The picture is there and it even loads up in the little preview section after i set it up but i can't see it when i post or read my old posts.

I'm just curious can you guys see the avatar or does it just not load up?
It says "Rotary.freak's avatar"...

Make sure the "Use custom avatar" option is checked, upload, save changes, see if it works. If not, try using "Do not use an avatar", save changes, try again with the "use custom avatar" function.

Also, make sure the avatar is under the maximum size limit allowed, and doesn't exceed 90 x 90 pixels. Usually the forum's software should resize it so it'd work, but we never know...

Rotary.freak
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
K well now I have one of those preset ones. When i try to link to one it says "Invalid File"...BTW, is there any way I can change my name so it doesn't say rotary freak anymore? I was getting an FD at the time and I was and still am big on them but now i drive a 3000GT so it may look a little bit strange to those seeing my avatar and name.

fisetdavid26
04-08-2008, 07:47 PM
K well now I have one of those preset ones. When i try to link to one it says "Invalid File"...BTW, is there any way I can change my name so it doesn't say rotary freak anymore? I was getting an FD at the time and I was and still am big on them but now i drive a 3000GT so it may look a little bit strange to those seeing my avatar and name.
Well it might be because it's a bitmap (BMP). JPEGs and GIFs are supported, but not BMPs. You can always post the avatar you want to use in the official avatar resizing thread and have someone resize it and save it in the good file format.

As for changing your name, you need to contact the administrator and request a name change... but this procedure is discouraged, I suggest you keep your current username. The reason is simple, people know you as Rotary.freak.

Rotary.freak
04-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the help :).

fisetdavid26
04-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the help :).
No problems. :)

Matra et Alpine
04-09-2008, 01:48 AM
hmmmm, we may have found a bug in the new release.
The filename in the d/b has a "-" instead of the "." !!

Changing names is not preferred.
Just re-register as your knew name and close the rotary one.
I suggest this as it saves us having to find and fix the bug :) :)