PDA

View Full Version : Some Retired JGTC cars (SuperGT photos)

P4g4nite
05-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Stuff I photoed at the SuperGT

P4g4nite
05-02-2008, 01:21 AM
And a few more, yes that is the Glamour car for the Speedracer film.

Jack_Bauer
05-02-2008, 08:11 AM
And a few more, yes that is the Glamour car for the Speedracer film.

I saw a trailer for that Speedracer film last night at the pictures. It looks like absolutely, categorically the worst movie ever.

faksta
05-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Just never watch movies about racing, and your mind of car lover will avoid some serious injury.

ScionDriver
05-02-2008, 08:31 AM
I saw a trailer for that Speedracer film last night at the pictures. It looks like absolutely, categorically the worst movie ever.

Seriously, I think its supposed to be. Because the old cartoon? Sucked. I think they are purposely making a really really cheesy movie kind of making fun of them selves. Oh its going to be baaaaad.

LeonOfTheDead
05-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Just never watch movies about racing, and your mind of car lover will avoid some serious injury.

BLASPHEMY ! ! ! :mad:

seriously, "Gran Prix", 1968 (IIRC) by John Frankheimer

a masterpiece. simply a masterpiece. forget everything else.

even if i still have to see the original "Le Mans". please, no spoiler, ok?:p

faksta
05-02-2008, 08:44 AM
BLASPHEMY ! ! ! :mad:

seriously, "Gran Prix", 1968 (IIRC) by John Frankheimer

a masterpiece. simply a masterpiece. forget everything else.

even if i still have to see the original "Le Mans". please, no spoiler, ok?:p

OK, I'll say another way. Never go and watch the new movie about racing which is due to be showed in cinema.

LeonOfTheDead
05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
OK, I'll say another way. Never go and watch the new movie about racing which is due to be showed in cinema.

now it's ok:D
i knew you were referring to movies like "driven", "f&f" or other bullshits like those, but i needed an excuse to say the name of that magnificent movie:cool:

faksta
05-02-2008, 08:57 AM
now it's ok:D
i knew you were referring to movies like "driven" f&f" or other bullshits like those, but i needed an excuse to say the name of that magnificent movie:cool:

I know :D

Jack_Bauer
05-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Seriously, I think its supposed to be. Because the old cartoon? Sucked. I think they are purposely making a really really cheesy movie kind of making fun of them selves. Oh its going to be baaaaad.

So the studio hired big name directors, big (ish) name actors, and spent hundreds of millions on incredibly advanced special effects for a laugh? So they could all have a could chuckle at themselves?

I doubt it somehow.

faksta
05-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Jack, remember the Stallone's movie? It was called 'Racer' in Russia, don't know the name for the rest of the world. There was even the footage from real races, but the movie just heavily sucked. Driving Indy cars on the streets was just a fail of the century :D

Jack_Bauer
05-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Jack, remember the Stallone's movie? It was called 'Racer' in Russia, don't know the name for the rest of the world. There was even the footage from real races, but the movie just heavily sucked. Driving Indy cars on the streets was just a failure of the century :D

Yeah, it was called "Driven" here. And yes, it sucked.

Truth is, just telling the realistic story of a race/races is never going to be enough for a Hollywood movie. They inevitably need to throw in the cheesy love story, the wooden characters etc, and they end up being like half-arsed soap operas with some fancy special effects sequences intermittently thrown in.

digitalcraft
05-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Stallone was in a much better racing movie anyways.

Death Race 2000 (1975) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072856/)

Best racing movie ever.
"As the cars roar into Pennsylvania, the cradle of liberty, it seems apparent that our citizens are staying off the streets, which may make scoring particularly difficult, even with this year's rule changes. To recap those revisions: women are still worth 10 points more than men in all age brackets, but teenagers now rack up 40 points, and toddlers under 12 now rate a big 70 points. The big score: anyone, any sex, over 75 years old has been upped to 100 points."

faksta
05-02-2008, 10:14 AM
It's not even racing :p
Ahem..BTW, what is that Glamour based on? Is it drivable?

LeonOfTheDead
05-02-2008, 10:19 AM
It's not even racing :p
Ahem..BTW, what is that Glamour based on? Is it drivable?

corvette c5 convertible IIRC

trickz
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
nice pics:) do you accidentaly have some more pics of the blue epson nsx?

Dantera22B
05-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Pennzoil Skyline = *drool*

NSXType-R
05-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Stuff I photoed at the SuperGT

Thanks for sharing!

Is this all you're going to post, or will you be posting more?

Was the hybrid Supra there?

Ditto. It looks so bad.

P4g4nite
05-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Sorry fellas, this was day one of my Japan visit and all the pics of racing I took sucked. If you guys want to hire me as official SuperGT reporter for UCP, I'll go back and photo whatever you like :D