PDA

View Full Version : Smart TwoFour Vs. Honda Civic

coolieman1220
05-03-2008, 09:15 PM
So I was just checking the specs of the Smart TwoFour. It is ridiculous to buy. Outright plain and simple. For 12-18 grand, you can buy a Smart car that comes with a 1 liter 3 cylinder 70 horsepower engine. A car that weighs 2300 lbs yet only gets a mediocre 33 miles to the gallon in the city and 41 on the highway. its top speed is 90 mph and 0-60 is 12 seconds. It is very small and weird looking. Also it requires premium fuel. On the other hand you have the Honda Civic which can go from 15-23 grand. a 1.8 liter 140 horse engine or the Si 2.0 liter 200 horse 4 banger. Focus on the 1.8 which gets 26 miles to the gallon in the city and 35 on the highway. It's large spacious and comfortable. you can fit 5 easily and its stylish. It takes regular fuel.

Now why would anyone want a smart car?

kingofthering
05-03-2008, 10:19 PM
It's cool.

If people bought cars on pragmatic reasons alone, we wouldn't have the Caparo T1.

pimento
05-04-2008, 01:21 AM
What's a Smart TwoFour?

Zytek_Fan
05-04-2008, 02:03 AM
People buy the TwoFour thinking that they are helping the environment by buying a very small car, but they aren't.
Same thing with the Prius. No point in buying a Prius, when a VW TDI car will get the same MPG.

It's all about the image :rolleyes:

Ferrer
05-04-2008, 03:45 AM
What's a Smart TwoFour?
Good question.

The really clever Smart, is the Mitusibishi i.

Matra et Alpine
05-04-2008, 04:18 AM
A car that weighs 2300 lbs yet only gets a mediocre 33 miles to the gallon in the city and 41 on the highway.
ouch :(
Where are you getting those figures ?
The Euro version is 45 and 70 mpg -- larger gallon doesn't account for all that !
Nephew has a Brabus and even in the tuned engine he can get 70mpg when he wants/needs to and not have to drive TOO much like a granny :)

BUT as already said, Smart is an IMAGE car :)

faksta
05-04-2008, 04:22 AM
Yep, just as was already said, what the heck is Smart TwoFour?? :confused:

coolieman1220
05-04-2008, 10:03 AM
My mistake, its called the Smart For Two Passion

smart fortwo passion (http://smartusa.com/smart-fortwo-passion.aspx)

NSXType-R
05-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't get one either. Besides bringing a laptop and a passenger, it really isn't too practical to do anything else in it.

faksta
05-06-2008, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't get one either. Besides bringing a laptop and a passenger, it really isn't too practical to do anything else in it.

But I think I won't be mistaken saying that it's more comfortable and have more legs room inside than Civic. At least, I've been told that basketball players can drive it very comfortably, and some of them have Smarts.

My mistake, its called the Smart For Two Passion

smart fortwo passion (http://smartusa.com/smart-fortwo-passion.aspx)

Ah..that's OK - I just supposed it's a new model - maybe a bigger one, since you compared it to Civic :) BTW, passion should go for a complectation, not the model name. At least, in Europe it does.

Rockefella
05-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Easy, because you can park it sideways in a car lot.

QED.

Ferrer
05-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Ah..that's OK - I just supposed it's a new model - maybe a bigger one, since you compared it to Civic :) BTW, passion should go for a complectation, not the model name. At least, in Europe it does.
Even if it's the new model it still is a very small car (2695mm long). I think that what he meant to say is that the Smart isn't very good value for money, for what it costs you could get a car (a Civic in this case).

I have to agree. Here Smart money buys you a Fiat Punto or a Citroen C3. I know which one I'd prefer...

faksta
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Ferrer, nope, I meant that looking at 'TwoFour' name I supposed he meant some kind of a new model :)

Ingolstadt
05-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Civic for me. but driving small cars are really fun actually .... well it's like buying a small, slim laptop where the same money can get you a better specced version .... the premium you're paying for is of course the image, and some of the nice little things bout being able to park it more easily ...