PDA

View Full Version : My 2007 Peking to Paris video

faksta
06-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Here, I decided to compose a video from what I've got from the last year's Peking to Paris classic cars rally ( http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/classic-cars/33371-peking-paris-2007-a.html ). Using my photo camera, the quality isn't so great, sorry, but I hope the atmosphere is seen ok (by atmosphere I mean everybody's business and a bit nervous :p ). And I tried to choose the music that would fit the classic event, hope I succeeded :)

YouTube - Peking to Paris 2007 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Ot3HWchWVk)

Rockefella
06-03-2008, 03:11 AM
Faksta, you know how I know you're gay?

You listen to Coldplay.

Not a bad job on the video though.

faksta
06-03-2008, 03:18 AM
haha :D I'm not gay, but how d'you know that gays listen to Coldplay? :D

Rockefella
06-03-2008, 03:26 AM
haha :D I'm not gay, but how d'you know that gays listen to Coldplay? :D

It's a quote from the movie '40 Year Old Virgin'.

faksta
06-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Yep, I've heard it before :)

Kitdy
06-03-2008, 03:38 AM
I actually like Coldplay, contrary to all my classic/prog rock tastes.

Ah well, does that make me gay?

Revo
06-03-2008, 03:54 AM
I actually like Coldplay, contrary to all my classic/prog rock tastes.

Ah well, does that make me gay?
You have a picture of a handsome man in your avatar. Your user name is Kitty. And you listen Coldplay. How can you not be a gay????

Kitdy
06-03-2008, 03:56 AM
You have a picture of a handsome man in your avatar. Your user name is Kitty. And you listen Coldplay. How can you not be a gay????

Hey, you're the one who said handsome.

I would say "distinguished".

And the name's Kitdy, not Kitty, and only because Ultimo was taken.

LeonOfTheDead
06-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Well done Faksta, that has to be a nice trip to do.

I found some other interesting videos about it on YouTube

DanR
06-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Faksta, very nice vid. Thank you for bringing back some pleasant memories.
We finished the P2P at 49 out of 70 in our class. We were also the recepients of some wonderful hospitality in Bysk, thanks to Yuri and friends who guided us to our hotel and took me out for a steak dinner and some Vodka shots. Also to Alexander and friends in Izevsk who got us going again after our battery exploded.
35 days, 12,200km, 9 countries, 7 time zones, 2 continents. What a drive!

Dan
Car 34, Peking to Paris Motor Challenge 2007

faksta
06-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Yes, it was great indeed. You drove a 1930 Chevrolet, according to a starting list? Sorry, I have it only in video, didn't manage to take some shots, as I was a bit late to a start.
Do you plan any more such trips? Say, New York - Paris which is now scheduled to 2009 April?

DanR
06-09-2008, 01:32 PM
That is correct. The coupe is a 1930 with the original in-line 6 cylinder motor. Overhead valves, 3.18 liters, 5:1 compression ratio, 50hp. Our top speed was 75 kph. Anything faster caused it to overheat. You caught us leaving on the longest leg of the rally - Moscow to St. Petersburg. I think that day took us over 12 hours of driving.
The video was fine. There were many sites with pictures. One in particular had probably 1000 pictures - pekingparis.ru. Unfortunately, it is no longer active.
It is doubtful I'll do another rally like the Peking to Paris. It took over 2 years to prepare for it, and the cost was... Well, let's just say I'll be working quite a bit longer than I planned to pay for it. I just participate in local fun rallies now.
Here are two pictures of the car. One at the start at the Great Wall, and the other of the motor.

Dan

faksta
06-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Well, 75kph for such a car is not bad at all, especially when it's not for an hour and even for one day, but for over the month.
And 12 hours from Moscow to St.-Petersberg is good enough, too - today's cars make it for about 8 hours.