PDA

View Full Version : Grosser Preis von Moskau

faksta
06-05-2008, 02:15 AM
I've wrote already about F1 in Moscow this year.

Well, some news. Having some details already known, I've drawn a circuit (hard to call it a circuit, though) which, I believe, will be used. Interesting it will have a great relief - the start will be given near St.Basil's Cathedral down the flat hill to Moscow river, where almost a 90 turn exists (don't know whether they are going to save it for the track), then a looong almost straight sector right under the Kremlin walls from the right and Moscow river from the left, followed by something like a stretched S leading to another, even much longer almost straight part right to the Bolshoi theatre, where they turn and run back to the start. I've drawn a loop there, as I guess they may go around the Teatral'naya square. Everything sounds great, I just don't know where to stand - I wanna be everywhere :D Hope they'll allow public access to cars at start/finish place.

Well, the exact track is still unknown, these are just my thoughts on it, as I know some 'key' dots and parts of it.

I don't know either which teams will visit us and what will run beside F1 cars.

A long awaited Bernie's dream comes true - Formula-1 around the Kremlin :) .

faksta
06-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Here, the red one is the above track and the blue one is a (provisional) 2005 version, when Renault arrived with their show.

Zytek_Fan
06-10-2008, 11:49 PM
What about a pitlane complex?
F1 cars going around the Kremlin would look fantastic :D

faksta
06-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I don't think there would be any - it's a show, not a race :) 'Grosser Preis' is just for everyone to look this thread :p
Instead of pits I expect to see something like a closed park with a couple of trailers.

Zytek_Fan
06-11-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't think there would be any - it's a show, not a race :) 'Grosser Preis' is just for everyone to look this thread :p
Instead of pits I expect to see something like a closed park with a couple of trailers.

Any actual F1 race would probably take place outside the city?

henk4
06-11-2008, 01:28 AM
it is a similar demo event as has been taken place in Rotterdam during the past couple of years.

faksta
06-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Any actual F1 race would probably take place outside the city?

Maybe someday, near Moscow or St.-Petersberg.

it is a similar demo event as has been taken place in Rotterdam during the past couple of years.

Yes, it is. It's even being organized by Rotterdam Racing B.V. - the same as for Bavaria City Racing, if I'm not mistaken?

It was said that Force India would most possible participate.

faksta
06-25-2008, 05:26 AM
Contrary to what I've read previously, two teams have already approved their participation in Moscow City Racing event - Williams (will be driven by Nico Rosberg) and Red Bull (will be driven by RB protege - Mihail Aleshin, who is currently running in WSR V6 series).

Moscow City Racing powered by Bavaria (http://cityracing.imedia.ru/en/news/)