PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno's New '08 Challenger SRT8

DodgeInfoCenter
06-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Earlier this month, Jay Leno added the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 to his impressive collection of new and classic cars. If any of you are interested in checking it out, Jay is featuring his new Challenger SRT8 on his website this week, JayLenosGarage.com (http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/). The feature includes a video segment of Jay comparing his new 2008 Challenger to his classic 1970 Challenger, along with glamour shots of his SRT8.

If you want to see more of the ’08 Challenger with Hollywood’s finest, visit the Dodge Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dodgechallenger1/) site or check out the Redletterdodge (http://www.redletterdodge.com/?pid=Forum&adid=ChallengerJay) blog to catch the latest Challenger updates.

I’ll be around if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Will

Chrysler Online Dialogue Representative
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4-ADODGE / 1-800-423-6343
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com (http://www.dodge.com/mktcode/index.html?pid=Forum&adid=CDJ_ForumIntervention&actionURL=http://www.dodge.com)

mclaren_crazy
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Last night I got a ride in the first one in Canada part of some limited run of 500

fisetdavid26
06-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Welcome back! Where's nota? ;)

Kitdy
06-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Welcome back! Where's nota? ;)

You know, I was actually gonna say "Where's nota when you need him?"

Zytek_Fan
06-19-2008, 07:44 PM
I was beginning to wonder what happened to DodgeInfoCenter :p

kingofthering
06-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Damn...I thought Dodge Info Center was shamed off of here.

Ferrer
06-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Well, let's give this thread some use.

Is the Challenger coming to Europe?

clutch-monkey
06-20-2008, 02:25 AM
will it have a diesel..
:D

Ferrer
06-20-2008, 04:44 AM
will it have a diesel..
:D
Well technically they could put Daimler's 3-litre turbo diesel V6 engine in.

I guess that would actually make it the first clever muscle car ever.

Kitdy
06-20-2008, 05:02 AM
I guess that would actually make it the first clever muscle car ever.

Have you no decency?

Ferrer
06-20-2008, 05:08 AM
Have you no decency?
I was being sarcastic.

Kitdy
06-20-2008, 07:07 AM
I was being sarcastic.

I shoulda known.

Without smilies, it is sometimes tres difficile to determine.

At least you have decency.

DodgeInfoCenter
06-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, let's give this thread some use.

Is the Challenger coming to Europe?

To my knowledge, the Challenger will only be produced and sold in the U.S. If there are plans for international distribution they have not yet been announced, but I can't imagine that will stop anyone from getting their hands on one if they truly want one.

I was recently asked by someone in Australia how he could get one shipped over there... It's an expensive exchange for sure, but possible.

Will

clutch-monkey
06-27-2008, 07:26 PM
so, one of two regions outside the US where V8's still sell and chrysler has no plans to sell it there.
excellent gameplan, however did chrysler end up on the rocks..

Kitdy
06-27-2008, 08:06 PM
so, one of two regions outside the US where V8's still sell and chrysler has no plans to sell it there.
excellent gameplan, however did chrysler end up on the rocks..

What is the other one?

Here?

clutch-monkey
06-27-2008, 08:18 PM
middle east - US/canada - Australia, as i see it.

cHEMIcal
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
To my knowledge, the Challenger will only be produced and sold in the U.S. If there are plans for international distribution they have not yet been announced, but I can't imagine that will stop anyone from getting their hands on one if they truly want one.

I was recently asked by someone in Australia how he could get one shipped over there... It's an expensive exchange for sure, but possible.

Will

wanting one so bad is easy
buying one in cash is easy too
driving it around and enjoying the drive is easy also
but getting the MSO and exporting the car to another country...........one word........HECTIC

henk4
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Will

we are still awaiting your offer for a courtesy car during our (UCP's) stay in the USA for the Pebble Beach weeks, is this car an option? (Just as a sort of "payment" for not removing your posts as spam)

cHEMIcal
07-02-2008, 10:17 PM
in addition to what i have said, if there is someone out there who wants a challenger and does not know what to do, then i have a few things that may be useful to them.

this car will not be sold for msrp. you will be lucky to get one for $50,000 or less. finding a dodge challenger is easy but keep in mind that in order to export the vehicle out of the U.S these are the conditions:

According to chrysler's franchise laws, if a dealership sells you a new car, they can lose their license. they will not risk their business for your sake. so the only way this is going to get done is if they sell the car to themselves and then to you as a pre-owned vehicle. the law says you cant export new vehicles but nothing about used ones no matter what the mileage is.

you need to find a dealer who is willing to do this and if you do, the dealer will go through a lot just to get this car to you. most of the time, they wont care for your shipping needs so that is something you have to sort on your own.

when you pay for your challenger in full and it arrives at the dealership, you will need a something called a MSO/MCO (manufacturer's state of origin). the dealer will not have the MCO when your car is there. usually this can take from 2 days to 2 weeks.
Once you receive the MCO, the dealer turns the vehicle in their name and then i your name ad this may take about a week. When the MCO is cleared and under your name you can then move on to the next step.

you will need to have a shipper that ca get this vehicle and ship it to you. all you need to do is have a copy of your MCO either mailed or emailed to the shipper. they will then go to the dealer and show them proof that they are your shippers. They will then transport the vehicle to the port or to the warehouse and then to the port so they can put the car in a 40 foot container, strap and lock the car down, lock the doors, make sure they have your keys and papers ready and then your car gets shipped and your keys and papers mailed to your address

then all you got to do is wait for the container to get to you and trust me, this is the most difficult part of everything.

the challengers available in the market now are the first edition ones which are badged because they are only making 6400 cars for 2008 so these are badged as first edition. they are also sold for more than 10k over msrp. if you can wait, you can order a 2009 r/t and these will start being delivered by january 2009. there will be 3 different colours. red, white, and blue, and the cars will come either SRT8, R/T, or SE. there will be a manual transmission as an option. other than that, they are the same as right now.

hope this info is helpful. If the dealer doesnt want to ship to your country then PM me and i will give you a phone number of a broker. he gets everything done for you so you dont need to worry. he also owns a shipping company so they'll take care of that.

henk4
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
According to chrysler's franchise laws, if a dealership sells you a new car, they can lose their license. they will not risk their business for your sake. so the only way this is going to get done is if they sell the car to themselves and then to you as a pre-owned vehicle. the law says you cant export new vehicles but nothing about used ones no matter what the mileage is.

why would that be? Is Chrysler afraid to get involved in guarantee claims from outside the USA?

cHEMIcal
07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
why would that be? Is Chrysler afraid to get involved in guarantee claims from outside the USA?

i have no idea but it would make sense that they want you to deal with dealers in your country and not in theirs. You will have to ask someone who is familiar with what the franchise laws is.

henk4
07-02-2008, 11:01 PM
i have no idea but it would make sense that they want you to deal with dealers in your country and not in theirs. You will have to ask someone who is familiar with what the franchise laws is.
We have been in regular contact with Dodge Info Centre in the past, so they might come up with an answer....(although I suspect that they will suggest that I take it up with the legal department, they are just marketing...;))

cHEMIcal
07-02-2008, 11:05 PM
We have been in regular contact with Dodge Info Centre in the past, so they might come up with an answer....(although I suspect that they will suggest that I take it up with the legal department, they are just marketing...;))

i dont really know which dodge info center you are talking about or maybe the member here but if you ask dodge about getting a new challenger they will probably just lol in your face. it took me 4 months to get a challenger and as i explained about the MSO, i am actually at that phast where i am waiting on getting the documents so i can start getting this car out of the states asap :)

henk4
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
i dont really know which dodge info center you are talking about

Look at who started this thread.....

cHEMIcal
07-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Look at who started this thread.....

new here, dont know much about dodge center. hope they can step on it and send my MCO to the dealer quick :p

henk4
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
new here, dont know much about dodge center. hope they can step on it and send my MCO to the dealer quick :p

we had some previous experience with DIC on the site, they have been using at a as tool to put on some internet surveys and announce new models. I have had them on the phone, but they are fairly useless when it comes to real questions...

cHEMIcal
07-02-2008, 11:21 PM
we had some previous experience with DIC on the site, they have been using at a as tool to put on some internet surveys and announce new models. I have had them on the phone, but they are fairly useless when it comes to real questions...

i wasnt going to say it but yes they are useless to us who want the car ad are not in america. dodge must be a bunch of idiots if they dont release this car to the rest of the world.

henk4
07-02-2008, 11:25 PM
i wasnt going to say it but yes they are useless to us who want the car ad are not in america. dodge must be a bunch of idiots if they dont release this car to the rest of the world.

actually, your flag shows UN, but where do you want to ship it to and does it require type approval there?

cHEMIcal
07-02-2008, 11:47 PM
actually, your flag shows UN, but where do you want to ship it to and does it require type approval there?

i am shipping it to Bahrain. once the car is there, all they will ask is to pay 5% of the price of the vehicle to customs then i am free to go

henk4
07-03-2008, 12:20 AM
i am shipping it to Bahrain. once the car is there, all they will ask is to pay 5% of the price of the vehicle to customs then i am free to go

Yeah, I guessed so the ME is not the strict area where it comes to type approvals....

DodgeInfoCenter
07-03-2008, 11:28 AM

It's like you can read my mind... Often times we are able to use our resources here to find answers to tough questions like that, but this is not one of those cases.

As for the Pebble Beach event courtesy car, I will raise the question... if you get a chance, shoot me some more specifics about the event to [email protected].

Thanks,

Will
Dodge Online Dialogue Rep

henk4
07-03-2008, 11:32 AM
It's like you can read my mind... Often times we are able to use our resources here to find answers to tough questions like that, but this is not one of those cases.

As for the Pebble Beach event courtesy car, I will raise the question... if you get a chance, shoot me some more specifics about the event to [email protected].

Thanks,

Will
Dodge Online Dialogue Rep

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event/91/2007-Pebble-Beach-Concours-d-Elegance.html

email went out a second ago...