PDA

View Full Version : Australia steals the USA's crown...

Jack_Bauer
06-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Yes folks, for decades the USA have led the world in one of their real globally recognised specialities. But a new study has shown that Australia has finally toppled the US from their perch.

Australia is now officially the fattest nation on earth - Australia beats US to title of most obese nation, report finds - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article4171160.ece)

Ronald McDonald was reported as being both "shocked" and "appalled" at the revelation, while sources close to Colonel Sanders say that he was "inconsolable" upon hearing the news.

Congratulations Australia, and commiserations USA. Who knows, eat a little harder and you may just win that title back! :)

fisetdavid26
06-19-2008, 08:41 AM
I blame Sauc3 and his massive pancakes importing business.

clutch-monkey
06-19-2008, 08:44 AM
it's about goddamn time!

I blame Sauc3 and his massive pancakes importing business.
lmao

pimento
06-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Yea, we are WIN!

As a repesentative of this mighty country, I'd like to thank god, my agent, my mum... <sniffle>

You know what? We don't want this.. USA, come and get the title back! Please!

NSXType-R
06-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Yay!

We're not the only fat oafs in this world anymore!

clutch-monkey
06-19-2008, 08:54 AM
actually this is sort of good. no matter how bad obesity is, nobody will do anything as long as they can justify that someone else out there is fatter.
now we get to see some real action :cool:

my porsche
06-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Australia FTW.

roosterjuicer
06-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Congratulations Australia, and commiserations USA. Who knows, eat a little harder and you may just win that title back! :)

Im on it!!!! U-S-A!U-S-A!U-S-A!

Timothy (in VA)
06-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Time to throw some low-fat turkeyburgers on the barbie, mate. :D:p;)

Piacki_117
06-19-2008, 10:28 AM
I remember when australian pupils came to my high school, many of them where amazed by the few fat people we have here.

EDIT : although none of them were really fat, quite strange...

Jack_Bauer
06-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I remember when australian pupils came to my high school, many of them where amazed by the few fat people we have here.

EDIT : although none of them were really fat, quite strange...

Well, in defence of the Aussies the study was based on Body Mass Index, which is a notoriously vague measure of health/obesity. An athletic person with a high muscle content can still be classed as "obese" according to the BMI system, despite being in great health with a low body fat rating. Perhaps the Aussies are all just beefcakes?

Or maybe they really are fat bastards, who knows?! :p

NSXType-R
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Well, in defence of the Aussies the study was based on Body Mass Index, which is a notoriously vague measure of health/obesity. An athletic person with a high muscle content can still be classed as "obese" according to the BMI system, despite being in great health with a low body fat rating. Perhaps the Aussies are all just beefcakes?

Hey, that's not very nice thing to to say about the former prison colony. :D

roosterjuicer
06-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Dont be too upset aussie's having fat people just means your country is prospering so there is plenty of food to go around...in a few years people will start wanting healthy food and getting treadmills and all that stuff and then everyone will be on hydroxycut! YAY!!!

my porsche
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM

Like myself, my BMI classifies me as morbidly obese, but my bodyfat percentage classifies me as slightly overweight. Muscle ftw.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Have they SEEN how skinny I am?

Blue Supra
06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
IB4Rs skinniness balances out the rest of the country. There are ALOT of fatt asses in Australia though...

Suger tax ftw. Why is coke cheaper then water? why are mars bars cheaper then bananas? tax the shit out of anything with a high sugar/fat content and we'll see changes.

whiteballz
06-19-2008, 06:05 PM
IB4Rs skinniness balances out the rest of the country. There are ALOT of fatt asses in Australia though...

:o

Suger tax ftw. Why is coke cheaper then water? why are mars bars cheaper then bananas? tax the shit out of anything with a high sugar/fat content and we'll see changes.

I'd like to see that.

kingofthering
06-19-2008, 06:15 PM
I blame the beer. :D

IBrake4Rainbows
06-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Basically the poor of our country are made to eat the cheap food.

too bad it's made almost entirely of crap. Make the good food cheaper. and make sure people know how to prepare it.

pimento
06-19-2008, 06:29 PM

too bad it's made almost entirely of crap. Make the good food cheaper. and make sure people know how to prepare it.

It's not that expensive to eat healthily, I manage to do it pretty well. It is something that people need educating about though.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
It's easier for the time poor to defrost a pie and shove it down then to cut up & prepare a salad.

I'm VERY lucky that my parents make a concerted effort to eat right. On my own I'm fairly lazy.

Blue Supra
06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I am guilty of preferring the fast/cheap fatty option of the slower/more expensive healthy option. Comes back to crap food being cheap, healthy being expensive.

ie: Burger, fries, drink, ice cream $5
ie: Salad $9.50 + $3.50 drink... nuff said.

Rockefella
06-19-2008, 07:16 PM
This is because the Australians went from eating 'kitty' to eating 'sausages'.

Blue Supra
06-19-2008, 07:28 PM
^^^^ wait what? avatar distraction. Now all the puns about chris/sister/binoculars make sense....

crisis
06-19-2008, 07:35 PM
It's easier for the time poor to defrost a pie and shove it down then to cut up & prepare a salad.

I'm VERY lucky that my parents make a concerted effort to eat right. On my own I'm fairly lazy.

I bought two days worth of lunch on Tuesday for $2. Two apples and two pears.
I dont know what a frozen pie costs though.

fpv_gtho
06-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I think we've seen this coming for a while. I wonder though if its we've got alot of people morbidly obese tipping the scales, or just a hell of alot of people overweight.

Spastik_Roach
06-19-2008, 08:45 PM
New Zealand tv is full of healthy eating ads funded by government now. I think its a good idea and should make a difference but on the other hand we've got alot of lazy ****s who would rather go get a scoop of chips from the fish and chip shop.

rallyswift75
06-19-2008, 08:54 PM
We try to eat healthy here but it's hard because fresh vegetables and fruit are hard to find and expensive.

Blue Supra
06-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeh interestingly as much as we carry on about grocey costs we have really cheap and readily available fruit/veg/meat compared to the states. Unless youre in kansas... then theres corn EVERYWHERE.

kingofthering
06-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Unless youre in kansas... then theres corn EVERYWHERE.

I think that's Iowa.

Blue Supra
06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
if you say so, i havent been there ;)

Piacki_117
06-20-2008, 12:02 AM
It's not that expensive to eat healthily, I manage to do it pretty well. It is something that people need educating about though.

I totally agree.

2ndclasscitizen
06-20-2008, 01:43 AM
I think we've seen this coming for a while. I wonder though if its we've got alot of people morbidly obese tipping the scales, or just a hell of alot of people overweight.

Definitely the latter. You don't see that many really fat people, but a few that only need a slight lifestyle adjustment to get back to a good weight. Hell, I'm probably technically overweight, but only by less than 5kg. I'd be happy if I could get down to 80kg. Work ****s me round though.

clutch-monkey
06-20-2008, 02:20 AM
you and me both man...

bahaha and the thing where you have to ride an exercise bike to keep the tv on.

^ yeah, it's an also an attitude/habit imo
like i know people who have coke with every meal etc etc..
it does seem to be a lot of the lower income bracket.

Definitely the latter. You don't see that many really fat people, but a few that only need a slight lifestyle adjustment to get back to a good weight. Hell, I'm probably technically overweight, but only by less than 5kg. I'd be happy if I could get down to 80kg. Work ****s me round though.

i think the fact our population is 'older' probably helps. older people tend to be flabbier

2ndclasscitizen
06-20-2008, 03:36 AM
i think the fact our population is 'older' probably helps. older people tend to be flabbier

That's actually a pretty good point, I hadn't thought about that.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-20-2008, 06:02 AM
So we're old, and we'll have fries with that.

God Bless the US of Australia.

P4g4nite
06-20-2008, 06:21 AM
I blame Falcon.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Lol. thats not fat, thats muscle.

Perhaps he should whip all those fatties into shape or something.

john14
06-20-2008, 06:51 AM
Many Australians love to laugh at fat Americans on "Jerry Springer" and the "Maury Povich show" but in reality a lot of Australians are fat or very fat. IB4R and I are skinny though. :D

Cyco
06-20-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm doing my bit to give this back the the ex-penal colony (USA).

I'm regularly shipping Tim Tams there!

SlickHolden
06-20-2008, 07:45 AM
They couldn't see you behind me as you were in the shade:p..

Hey who they calling fat!..

Actually today if your 176cm tall and weigh 87kg you are considered fat as you are above the recommended weight for your height!.

But fear not USA!.. You fat people still out way our population:p. And NZ and UK and China lol:D.

roosterjuicer
06-20-2008, 07:51 AM

Spoken like true euro-trash.

roosterjuicer
06-20-2008, 07:54 AM
I think that's Iowa.

Thats Nebraska my friend. Iowa's corn fields are all flooded, and the only reason kansas was even made a state was to keep oklahoma away from Nebraska.

Not to mention our football team is the Cornhuskers so I think we take the cake for the corn state.

SlickHolden
06-20-2008, 07:56 AM
He's from Tasmania you can see his home on the map of tassie:D.

ScionDriver
06-20-2008, 10:08 AM
This surprises me, because for some reason I always pictured Aussie's being very outdoorsy and climbing mountains and boxing kangaroos and wrestling gators and snakes and things of that nature.;)

P4g4nite
06-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Fatty sighted.

clutch-monkey
06-20-2008, 09:36 PM
This surprises me, because for some reason I always pictured Aussie's being very outdoorsy
not enough of us :) as an aging population fewer and fewer of us can still get out there (plus the usual factors for increasing obesity, as seen world wide)

and climbing mountains and boxing kangaroos
ate the kangaroos :D

wrestling gators
no alligators in australia, never have been :p

whiteballz
06-20-2008, 10:40 PM
This surprises me, because for some reason I always pictured Aussie's being very outdoorsy and climbing mountains and boxing kangaroos and wrestling gators and snakes and things of that nature.;)

Dont listen to clutch, he is lying. WE DO all that. we just do it slower with more grunting and alot of sweat now. And stretchpants.. Lots and lots of stretchpants.

clutch-monkey
06-20-2008, 10:57 PM
mmmm spandex

kingofthering
06-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Dont listen to clutch, he is lying. WE DO all that. we just do it slower with more grunting and alot of sweat now. And stretchpants.. Lots and lots of stretchpants.

I kinda vomited in my mouth there. :p

IBrake4Rainbows
06-21-2008, 05:04 AM
It gets worse.

The mangina that's created by spandex is truly, truly cavernous.

SlickHolden
06-23-2008, 08:32 AM
The only snake i wrestle is well:D.

Roo who's coming to my house for RooBangers And Roo Burgers!..
Desert Croc Pie.. Yum yum.
Then we can play pin the tail on the black widow spider, And some who can get bitten by more snakes in one hour and live.

Mum tells me the U.S took the mantle back already. What couldn't wait a day:p..
Did everyone go out and eat 10 cheese burgers:D.

roosterjuicer
06-23-2008, 09:44 AM

Still...they do eat a lot of outback and drink a lot of fosters

Blue Supra
06-23-2008, 05:04 PM

Cept im about as euro as you are... :rolleyes:

SlickHolden
06-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Still...they do eat a lot of outback and drink a lot of fosters
No VB, We sell Fosters too the world and keep VB the better of the 2 here:p.