PDA

View Full Version : I'm have a mismatch of qualities.

scottie300z
07-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm scared of heights but have found that I enjoy flying. It's a little strange since I get vertigo going up to the 3rd floor of a building but it's true. I'm even contemplating flying lessons down the road instead of just being a passenger on a jet.

Does anybody else here find they have a similar situation?

Sledgehammer
07-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I enjoy beer, but I hate what happens when I drink to many. (obvious?)

Blue Supra
07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Im the same as Scottie, i hate heights like looking down from a tall building but love flying.

SlickHolden
07-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Hate heights don't look down don't like going up at all.

Actually i hate looking at cars that i cant afford but know this and still look, Is that something:D.

blackcat77
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I love everything about cars but haven't driven since the early 90s for health reasons. Yes, it is frustrating... :)

IBrake4Rainbows
07-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm not a fan of heights, but I'm a fan of flying & Tall buildings.

I hate, HATE, elevators.

pimento
07-01-2008, 11:09 PM
I didn't know so many people would be scared of such a trivial thing... heights are fun!

I have a few things like that.. I hate tomatoes, but a tomato based pasta sauce (or pizza sauce) is fine, as are sun dried tomatoes in things.. I hate most pop music, but mash it up into things and it's great (Bootie - the biggest bootleg mashup party in the world (http://www.bootieusa.com) is a great place for that.. grab the best-of compilations).. I don't like mercs but I love their AMG V8 noise... That's all I think of at the moment...

drakkie
07-01-2008, 11:59 PM
I have a few things like that.. I hate tomatoes, but a tomato based pasta sauce (or pizza sauce) is fine, as are sun dried tomatoes in things..

Same here. I also hate to go to school, but still enjoy learning what I love..

SlickHolden
07-02-2008, 02:35 AM
I love everything about cars but haven't driven since the early 90s for health reasons. Yes, it is frustrating... :)
I hope someone takes you out screaming in some nice V8's.

jorismo
07-02-2008, 02:39 AM
I can't stand heat, but still love working as a fire fighter... Same as I can't look at wounded people but still love the same work (probably because it gives you one hell of a kick when you actually manage to save a life).

blingbling
07-02-2008, 02:57 AM
i hate ghosts unless i bust them!

ScionDriver
07-02-2008, 07:53 AM
I hate spiders. There is no other end to that. I just hate them. I am not a fan of flying but I am a lot better with that than I was and heights make me uneasy but only in certain situations (ladders, being outside on the roof of a tall building, etc) its like only when I am susceptible to falling do I get scared.

07-03-2008, 05:23 PM
i hate cherry sauces, jams, yogurts,etc. but i love natural cherries
i fear heights when it's man made, towers, bridges and such but not when in a plane or on a mountain