PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Egg Nog - 100 reps

Matra et Alpine
05-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Woo hoo :)

You throwing a party and spreading the tinnies to all those who gave you rep points - hint, hint :) :) :)

Well done, reflects the great ideas and posts.

fpv_gtho
05-05-2004, 07:06 PM
congrats Egg Nog, keep up the good work.....

......next it'll be you to reach teh landmark though Matra

Niko_Fx
05-05-2004, 07:14 PM
spreading the tinnies to all those who gave you rep points - hint, hint :) :) :).

Consider me in ;) ;)

Congrats Egg Nog :)

Sweeney921
05-05-2004, 08:12 PM
i like how egg nog was just viewing this thread and never said anything........

Egg Nog
05-05-2004, 08:48 PM
i like how egg nog was just viewing this thread and never said anything........

Just logged on about 20 minutes ago, and just got to this thread now ;) I start at the top forum, and work my way down.

I'm still against the reputation system, but thanks to everyone for the support anyway... I think M&A should've gotten here before I did.

It seems that there is a strange bug that makes it say the rep number twice under my name... Wouter?

GT500
05-05-2004, 09:49 PM
whoa...he has like...2 rep bars that say 100. Congrats Egg Nog! :) :)

crisis
05-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Just logged on about 20 minutes ago, and just got to this thread now ;) I start at the top forum, and work my way down.

I'm still against the reputation system, but thanks to everyone for the support anyway... I think M&A should've gotten here before I did.

It seems that there is a strange bug that makes it say the rep number twice under my name... Wouter?
Bug schmug, you hacked it! Well done!

IBrake4Rainbows
05-06-2004, 12:44 AM
No, AAA Mod has the same thing, 100 rep twice.

Nice work though, do the words "Over Achiever " Mean anything to you Egg Nog? :p

Falcon500
05-06-2004, 03:11 AM
Ye Gawds...that didnt take long

Well anyways congrats...

NoOne
05-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Well deserved Shaun, great ideas, information and a kickass attitude to boot. :) I think there should be a cash incentive for breaking 100 points .. or at least time shares of a certain Austin Mini ( ;) )

I've been watching anxiously over the past week to see who would break 100 points first, you or Peter (Matra et Alpine), both of you deserve recognition for the consistent quality posts and in some cases entertainment value that you guys bring to the forums.

Congrats to you both (probably a few hrs or a day early for you Peter) :cool: .

stratos
05-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Just one question .. can you have more than 100 rep points ? :confused:

Matra et Alpine
05-06-2004, 06:49 AM
..or at least time shares of a certain Austin Mini ( ;) )
I'm earning those as we speak.
I'm "wouter"s on-line Mini mechanic specilist at the mo' :)

I've been watching anxiously over the past week to see who would break 100 points first, you or Peter (Matra et Alpine), both of you deserve recognition for the consistent quality posts and in some cases entertainment value that you guys bring to the forums.
When I noticed I was getting up in the 80s I wondered then.
Kept a track on it for a few days, but Egg-Nog and UK-Cars brilliant map of the world gave him that deserved last burst to take the line.
Fitting on the day that is the 50th anniversary of Bannister beating the 4min mile. Will Egg Nog be haile din 50 years time :) :) :)

We all love UCP and the fun we have and get here.

Misho
05-06-2004, 06:51 AM
Congrats Shawn (not Shaun) !! :) A very well deserved recognition, if i can call it that ! I guess that map really put u over Matra and the 100 point mark !
Great job. Waiting to see Matra join you very soon and also very deservingly !

I just have a question though, how many rep point can u give now ? 2 coz of ur reputation and another 2 for ur post count ?

<AAA-MOD>
05-06-2004, 07:26 AM
guys like him need to be knocked down from their high horse once in a while

-1, just for the fun of it, and cuz he doesn't care about the system anyways.

hey, looky there, you're back to only one line.

Matra et Alpine
05-06-2004, 07:33 AM
guys like him need to be knocked down from their high horse once in a while

-1, just for the fun of it, and cuz he doesn't care about the system anyways.

hey, looky there, you're back to only one line.

Great idea aaa-mod.

Now he'll have to buy us another round of beers when he gets to 100 again :) :) :) :)

byronleehk
05-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Congrats, Shawn :)

Hey, I'm almost there too, only 74 points short :D :p

NoOne
05-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Congrats Shawn (not Shaun) !! :)

A mistake I keep making, :) , I don't want to know how many times I've been corrected by Shawn himself. Mark it down as "Shaun" being a spelling I'm more used to ... or just me being a dumbass, I'm easy either way. ;)

UK CARS
05-06-2004, 08:49 AM
yes well done sean j/k, shawn!

who will be nxt? matra?

in another year or so maybe 200 rep ponits! :o

Mustang
05-06-2004, 09:39 AM
WEll done and you aer not that far off yourself Matra :D

Coventrysucks
05-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Congrats To Matra Aswell :)

UK CARS
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
i knew it matra's catchin up again! ;)

Egg Nog
05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
I think 100 should be the maximum... or we could still just get rid of the whole system.

I think it's time to protest a litlle... I'm going to set it so that it doesn't show it at all... :)

Egg Nog
05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
This thread has so far netted me a grand total of -3 rep points... did I do something wrong?

crisis
05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Well done Matra. You should have drawn a map.

IBrake4Rainbows
05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Rep Envy?

crisis
05-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Rep Envy?
No, Im a sarcastic sob. I think they both deserve them. I was the first to give Egg Nogg points for his map. It rocks. And I have been banned from giving any to Matra. The point nazi thinks we got somin goin orn.

IBrake4Rainbows
05-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I was referring to Egg Nogs Comment on getting Neg Rep....

but nevermind, they both deserve to be at the top of the tree, Matra has had a meteoric rise, mind.

Egg Nog
05-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Seriously though, why would someone get -3 rep points without doing anything? Many people argued against me a while back when I said that people didn't always rate threads with an unbiased view, didn't they?

This whole situation is a perfect example of why the system is flawed. I remember back when the forums didn't have the system, where people could say what they felt like saying, and discussions were more open. It all just detracts everyone's attention away from cars, which is what we're all here to talk about anyway.

Does anyone else share a similar point of view, or at least see where I'm coming from?

IBrake4Rainbows
05-06-2004, 11:34 PM
I hope you don't mind but i took the liberty of looking at your rep, and from what i have seen people are just annoyed that they give you rep and you seem to not care less about it.

I don't like the system, but i am appreciative of the people who hand rep out to me, maybe there feeling a little cheated that you don't care...........

crisis
05-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Seriously though,
Perhaps not so serious.

UK CARS
05-06-2004, 11:50 PM
I find the rep system quite challenging, its like a challenge to get more rep than people in england for me, i try posting good stuff like the map......
i think the rep system encourges people to post good stuff.....
it tells junior members that the poeple with high rep that there opinions are gonna be good (people with higher rep!), the ones like matra and egg nog.
I dont know why people dont like it, i think its a great way of gaining respect off other members who apprciate your veiws on cars.
REMEMBER this is not a popularity contest! :p .....well thats my opinion..... ;)

Egg Nog
05-06-2004, 11:56 PM
I hope you don't mind but i took the liberty of looking at your rep, and from what i have seen people are just annoyed that they give you rep and you seem to not care less about it.

I don't like the system, but i am appreciative of the people who hand rep out to me, maybe there feeling a little cheated that you don't care...........

I don't really understand this though... the single comment was "you've got too goddamn many time to be knocked off the High horse that you don't care about."... I can't really understand that. With this mindset, shouldn't everyone who opposes the system have -10? And this is just detracting from free speech, which is one of the things that I feel the system works against.

I've never asked for rep or anything like that... with a very public opposition of the whole system, are people expecting that I send a million PMs around everytime I get a point? It can't be that I'm not contributing back... I regularly give rep to 20 users a day, at which point you can't do any more. These, of course, are for posts which I see to be good contributions, or appropriate comments. I can't even think of any regular posters here that I don't like! All of you are responsible and honourable.

With this point of view, I feel pretty isolated. Be honest, does everyone else love the reputation system? Am I the only one that finds that it detracts from what we're all here for?

I realise that I'm beginning to sound like a bit of an asshole by now. If you guys want, I'll shut up. But please, try to understand what I'm saying first. ;)

crisis
05-07-2004, 12:13 AM
I don't really understand this though... the single comment was "you've got too goddamn many time to be knocked off the High horse that you don't care about."... I can't really understand that. With this mindset, shouldn't everyone who opposes the system have -10? And this is just detracting from free speech, which is one of the things that I feel the system works against.

I've never asked for rep or anything like that... with a very public opposition of the whole system, are people expecting that I send a million PMs around everytime I get a point? It can't be that I'm not contributing back... I regularly give rep to 20 users a day, at which point you can't do any more. These, of course, are for posts which I see to be good contributions, or appropriate comments. I can't even think of any regular posters here that I don't like! All of you are responsible and honourable.

With this point of view, I feel pretty isolated. Be honest, does everyone else love the reputation system? Am I the only one that finds that it detracts from what we're all here for?

I realise that I'm beginning to sound like a bit of an asshole by now. If you guys want, I'll shut up. But please, try to understand what I'm saying first. ;)
I actually thought AAAMOD was joking. I cant see why you should have points detracted for the reasons stated. I can see why those who detract them should. You are in a dilemma. You dont like the system but are pissed at losing points. I know the point you are making however. When I was leading I felt a little embarrased when it was brought to everyones attention as I didnt think I deserved to be above some of you guys. I basically feel, however it should be treated lightly. Have fun with it, use it to straighten up new members, congratulate good posts, but dont let it become too important. Hey, the system itself has led to some interesting posts on its own!

eyebrows
05-07-2004, 12:20 AM
firstly i would like to congratulate both of u secondly i understand where egg nog is coming from because of freedom of speach, but if we incoporate the whole fredom of speach shouldn't we add we should treat all people as equal's? any way congrat's to both of u for reaching 100 rep points i would have a couple of drinks :D except im under age :o .

Egg Nog
05-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Just to clarify, I'm a huge supporter of admitting fault. I'm only angry at the lack of reasons for giving negative rep points. If I had everything my way...well, you already know ;)

Spastik_Roach
05-07-2004, 01:38 AM
People People! Egg Nog really deserves this 100 rep points. Lets not get all over-mature here! Party Break it down wahoo! :cool:

DarkPhenix
05-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Congratulations egg nog!! ;)

<AAA-MOD>
05-07-2004, 09:37 AM
clarification:

i was completely joking, and only gave the -1 cuz i thought Egg Nog wouldn't care, from what i understood of his opinions on the system.

i have no care for the system myself. i post in threads i find interesting, and i respond to posts i want to. any mature, intelligent person will know if they're appreciated or rejected in a forum, so i don't feel the system is needed.

i don't insist on it being removed though. i just don't bother paying any attention to it. it's not like a flashing light in your face. ignore it if you want.

Matra et Alpine
05-07-2004, 09:58 AM
This thread has so far netted me a grand total of -3 rep points... did I do something wrong?
Suggested it be withdrawn ?

Or maybe folks wanted you to enjoy getting 100 more often by peggin you down one, after all quality of posts means you'll be back up soon :)

or pulling your chain to see if you got upset about losing the rep points given your view on the rep system altogether.

Matra et Alpine
05-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I was referring to Egg Nogs Comment on getting Neg Rep....

but nevermind, they both deserve to be at the top of the tree, Matra has had a meteoric rise, mind.
hard effing work mate !!
All those pics taken by my fair hand in freezing bloody weather ... and badges.
Didn't grow on bloody trees you know :) :)
It's all right for lfb666, he has lovely weather and lovely ladies.
Did you SEE Miss Scotland in the Lotus 340R - woof, woof !!!!

Then there's my bolshy attitude on some topics.
Think it comes easy being a smart-ass ????

Oh and hopefully my sense of humour

Get it :) :) :) :) :) :) ????????????????

Matra et Alpine
05-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Seriously though, why would someone get -3 rep points without doing anything?
I've put my conjecture forward on that already.
Don't think there's a cospiracy against you egg-nogg.
As you've said ( and I agree ) it's not that important. Interesting at best :)

This whole situation is a perfect example of why the system is flawed. I remember back when the forums didn't have the system, where people could say what they felt like saying, and discussions were more open. It all just detracts everyone's attention away from cars, which is what we're all here to talk about anyway.
Have to counter that egg-nog with the view that VERY few threads are discussing rep except where peole are saying well done AND adding a comment about adding rep.
Also, when you consider how much of a ear-ding-dong we're having in politics and religion threads then I think the rep system is actually holding up wuite well.
Nobody seems to have "spat the sdummy" and neg repping for the sake of it.
Personally as a mod, if I see it - or it's brought to my attention - I've sent a friendsly PM reminding the person of the benefits in openness and not being overly negative.

Does anyone else share a similar point of view, or at least see where I'm coming from?
I can see where you're coming from.
I guess I've done enough mediation and facilitaion in business to recognise the good and watch out for the bad and hopefully guide it and remind everyone it's NOT a race or a personal measure. Hell there are really nice folks here with very low rating because they don't say much. That doesn't make them any lessor value to UCP than the likes of you and me.

My Humble Opinion (tm)

Misho
05-07-2004, 10:42 AM
u know what i find really funny ?!! the messages that appear when u stand with ur mouse's cursor over the green box besides the rep count !! easpecialy the new one for Eggnog and Matra as they passed the 100 point mark. It says "EggNog will become famous soon enough" !!

EDIT: i just discovered it isnt only EggNog and Matra that get this message. many others have it, including myself. i guess the system doesnt know that i am indeed already famous !!

carlover
05-07-2004, 08:40 PM
u know what i find really funny ?!! the messages that appear when u stand with ur mouse's cursor over the green box besides the rep count !! easpecialy the new one for Eggnog and Matra as they passed the 100 point mark. It says "EggNog will become famous soon enough" !!
This it was the green box says depending on your rep.:

-anyting to -10: ____ rep. could only hope to improve.
-9 to -1: ____ has had a little shameliss behavor in the past.
0-9: ________ is at an unknown quantity at this point.
10 to 49: _______ is on a distinguished road.
50-???: _______ will become famous soon enough.