PDA

View Full Version : Knockhill Motorfair 2004 - Vauxhall Monaro

Matra et Alpine
05-05-2004, 08:21 PM
It was a fun car for sure.

Unfortunately, the camera hasn't managed to focus well - I think tyre smoke caused the auto-focus to screw up a few times :)
Still trying to get the vid hosted somewhere :(

For new readers, the Monaro was being driven on track by a professional race driver.
Yours trully got out with him and got some great insight into the car, it's performance and handling.

He used up 2 sets of tyres and a set of discsk - blued them badly over the 2 days. He was show-boating and throwing it sideways and occasionaly played catch up with the VX220 out on track at the same time.
Most entertaining.

Matra et Alpine
05-05-2004, 08:24 PM
some more

Matra et Alpine
05-05-2004, 08:27 PM
and more

Matra et Alpine
05-05-2004, 08:29 PM
sorry about the low quality of a few in this set :(

Niko_Fx
05-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Peter did you take all these pics you have been posting the same day?? If so heck!! I wanna go to this place!

Egg Nog
05-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Nice pictures... no +2 because I just gave you one elsewhere... :p

I definately need to upgrade my cybershot 1.3mp camera to something better. You calling those ones low-quality is making me jealous :)

By the way, what forum are we supposed to use to talk about Monaros now? ;) It's pretty much relevent everywhere but the Asian forums!

fpv_gtho
05-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Well for now, the Monaro still belongs in the Australian Cars section, but come 2006 when GM implements its global Zeta architecture, Vauxhall will be able to built it in the UK, Pontiac will be able to built the GTO stateside and we'll still have it being built at Elizabeth here

350hp_civic
05-05-2004, 09:37 PM
are those just the same as the holden monaro? :confused:

fpv_gtho
05-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Yes, it wasnt deemed necessary to change the car for the UK market, unlike the US market. Rumour has it though that at the end of the year for the VZ upgrade, the Monaro will recieve the GTO's forward mount fuel tank and engine/exhaust recalibrations, good for 260kw

Matra et Alpine
05-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Peter did you take all these pics you have been posting the same day?? If so heck!! I wanna go to this place!
Over 3 days. One day was setup and private track use.
The other 2 were public show days and the "public" being taken on track in ordinary cars for the "experience".
I've not bothered with photos of Astras, Mervino, Rovers and Smart toodling round the track :)
These wer interspersed with us going on track to demonstrate "speed" - though look out for our MGB which we dumped unceremoniously on the grass at the hairpin :)
All the stuff I post is my own pics.
I appreciate the work guys liek Matt' lfb666 and others do in collecting and sharing. Just thought unique stuff would be liked here too.
Shame we haven't sorte out video hosting as I've got most of the performance stuff from in and out of the cars. Including a lap in 57 seconds in a Radcical from the passenger seat driven by the current lap record holder. Sweet :D
So more to come as long as i'ts not boring

Matra et Alpine
05-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Nice pictures... no +2 because I just gave you one elsewhere... :p
No probs, if I'd been rep-hunting I'd have spread these posts over a few weeks/months so I'd be guaranteed more scores.
But hey you own the record, we mortals just plod on :)

I definately need to upgrade my cybershot 1.3mp camera to something better. You calling those ones low-quality is making me jealous :)
Hmmm, you should see the shots from friends Fuji 6MP :drool:
I was more commentatin on the focus and bluriness of some - down to operator error :(

By the way, what forum are we supposed to use to talk about Monaros now? ;) It's pretty much relevent everywhere but the Asian forums!
Everywhere but where the "light is might" brigade collect !! :)
It IS a brute

crisis
05-06-2004, 12:31 AM
There are so many of these running around here now they barely get a second look. Except by me. Many die hard Ford fans rekon they dont like em. You have to understand the Ford vs Holden mentality to get a handle on thier opinions.

fpv_gtho
05-06-2004, 12:46 AM
You have to understand the Ford vs Holden mentality to get a handle on thier opinions.

you could get away with saying its more than a religion......

i think theyre not turning as many heads as they used to because everyones over the return of the monaro thing holden was wringing for all it was worth. i definately still take a look whenever a monaro goes past me but it hasnt always been on a positive note. one time a GTS coupe came past me sounding not far off the V6 at high revs