PDA

View Full Version : Big Accident

ScionDriver
07-11-2008, 01:51 PM
This guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrHaeRN1fjA) managed to take out an entire bank awning with an RV trailer.
Link to story VWvortex Forums: Incredible Video: How not to use a drive-thru ATM (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3928352)

CdocZ
07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Wow. Awareness of one's size in relation to their surroundings is something that guy needs to learn before he ever drives again.

Rockefella
07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
While this guy is pretty wreckless for doing something like this, I could probably see this being an honest mistake. Lucky for him he had the awareness to jump over to the passenger seat as it tumbled down.

Street_Dreamer
07-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Well, it was obviously a genuine mistake, and he's lucky he's alive anymore... But is it me or should the awning at least provide a little resistance so he can realise it ain't gettin through that shit.

Zytek_Fan
07-12-2008, 02:27 AM
While this guy is pretty wreckless for doing something like this, I could probably see this being an honest mistake. Lucky for him he had the awareness to jump over to the passenger seat as it tumbled down.

Definitely a mistake.
And it shows the awning wasn't built well at all.

ScionDriver
07-12-2008, 10:17 AM

I agree. It can be hard to adjust driving with a new trailer.

NSXType-R
07-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Hmm, video not working for me.

He did a lot of damage there. Wonder if his insurance covers all that.

Also, shouldn't he have a special license to drive a trailer that big...?

baddabang
07-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Hmm, video not working for me.

He did a lot of damage there. Wonder if his insurance covers all that.

Also, shouldn't he have a special license to drive a trailer that big...?

No. You only need a commercial drivers license (CDL) for driving a tractor trailer or other commercial vehicles.