PDA

View Full Version : Cars 10 years from now?

Kossy
04-25-2003, 03:25 AM
What, in general, do you think cars 10 years from now will be like. Generally speaking.

I think there will be

- Different fuel (probably from a renewable source)
- Safer cars
- More environmentally friendly cars

on the list, but it is difficult to say.

Meluion
04-25-2003, 03:35 AM
I hope the cars will be much lighter and aerodynamic; lower fuel consumption.

Jammer
04-25-2003, 07:47 AM
Cars in the future will likely contain:

Drive by wire handling/controls. Probably even computer controlled 'auto pilot' (at least to a degree, just like Knight Rider... :) ...)

Cleaner, cheaper, renewable, ie better fuel source.

Lighter, more aerodynamic sytling and body pieces using new composite materials (that aren't exhaustable).

Thumbprint or retnal ID to gain access to the vehicle or start it (or to determine if your able to drive, or too drunk).

Drastically imporved safety features (watch Demolition Man with Sylvester Stallone, they've probably got it pretty close).

Mad about Autos
04-25-2003, 08:09 AM
Fuell-cell powered
Composite construction
Optional autopilot
Officially Limited in top speed

Aych Es Vee
04-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Mad about Autos
Fuell-cell powered
Optional autopilot
Officially Limited in top speed

Cedric
04-26-2003, 02:49 PM
In ten years cars will be:

more economical

now the downside:

Will I still be turned on by cars? They will become more boring, driving under the jackboot. Legislation will be even more involved in car construction. This means bodies will be shaped to prevent pedestrians from hurting themselves when they are hit by a car. Various electronic gizmos for safety will be compulsory, even in down to earth sports cars. Computers linked to satellites will limit our speed. An in-car black box may register our way of driving, giving the authorities the ability to fine us big time. Clean cars will be taxed lower, old cool cars will be taxed higher. Sandal wearing tree huggers will try to ban our cool cars from the roads. Loud cars will be prohibited. The idea is to get every car equal and silent. Fuel cells will become more mainstream, leaving fine smelling high octane petrol behind (in Europe we've already lost leaded fuel). There will be less motor racing in Europe, as green car-hating officials are eager to ban the so-called loud, polluting dangerous criminals that go by the term racers and autosport fans. They are the officials that suddenly became aware of the fact that cars sometimes kill people. Now everyone has to pay for it. There will be no room for people that enjoy cars, as cars are considered dirty, stressful, deadly. There will be no room for me. What on earth am I going to do?

crisis
04-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Cedric put some good thought into it. Think back 10 years and there hasnt been a quantum leap. Air bags everywhere, sat nav, more power, retro styling, better economy. I think there will be more microprocessor controls and more electronic controls ie throttle, brakes steering. Most of what is on the full blown luxury models will have filtered down to what we mere mortals can afford. More composite components, probably more front wheel drive (bummer). It will be interesting to see where the "soft roader" 4x4s end up. Will they be the only 4x4s available or will they be a fashion that has passed.

zdriga
07-14-2007, 05:46 PM
What, in general, do you think cars 10 years from now will be like. Generally speaking.

I think there will be

- Different fuel (probably from a renewable source)
- Safer cars
- More environmentally friendly cars

on the list, but it is difficult to say.

yeah...
i think they will be all of that...since we allready got hybrid cars :)
wich are enviroment friendly and polution free...and in ten years i bet the cars will be safer since every year engenieers are testing and developing safer cars...

but this will also have negetive impacts on real enthusiats...since cars will loose almost every power and noise that we all like so much..

don't get me wrong...i want to protect the enviroment, but its awefull to loose such things as power and the noise of the car.. :(

Cotterik
07-14-2007, 06:01 PM
In 10 years i think cars will be exactly the same. Give in for some more radical body design and higher MPG from the mainstream family cars. But I really don't think there will be much change. Governments cant agree on the smallest things when it comes to emissions right now and if we're relying on the chinese to move forward then its really not gonna happen. We're staying put for a while imho.

EDIT: wow this thread is over 4 years old. wtf zdriga what made you wake this up :p

zdriga
07-14-2007, 06:04 PM
In 10 years i think cars will be exactly the same. Give in for some more radical body design and higher MPG from the mainstream family cars. But I really don't think there will be much change. Governments cant agree on the smallest things when it comes to emissions right now and if we're relying on the chinese to move forward then its really not gonna happen. We're staying put for a while imho.

EDIT: wow this thread is over 4 years old. wtf zdriga what made you wake this up :p

wow :eek: that old ??
lo0l :D

sorry...im new here :D
registed the other day ;)

70cuda88
07-14-2007, 07:06 PM
welcome welcome to UCP

zdriga
07-14-2007, 07:10 PM
welcome welcome to UCP
this forum is awesome :D
take a look at my created topics ;)
see if you find something interesting in it :rolleyes: lo0l

Cotterik
07-14-2007, 07:31 PM
lol has only one O, but welcome :p

The_Canuck
07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
So this thread is more like...what will cars be like in 6 years? :p

speedy_2
07-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Cedric put some good thought into it. Think back 10 years and there hasnt been a quantum leap. Air bags everywhere, sat nav, more power, retro styling, better economy. I think there will be more microprocessor controls and more electronic controls ie throttle, brakes steering. Most of what is on the full blown luxury models will have filtered down to what we mere mortals can afford. More composite components, probably more front wheel drive (bummer).

Agreed. After owning a '98 STS I've seen such options in newer run of the mill cars. The people that buy them think the technology is new. LOL. I tell them, "My 10 year old Cadillac had that."

SlickHolden
07-15-2007, 01:44 AM
Cars what cars?? Space ships!.

adrenaline
07-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Cars what cars?? Space ships!.

Screw space ships, I want those giant hovercraft things from the Matrix!

torque55
07-15-2007, 08:04 AM
the standard options will be the stuff that people pay for as options on todays s-class

Turbo.Jenkens
07-15-2007, 11:32 AM
:rolleyes: Scientist will discover that CO2 is actually good for the atmosphere, and vast oil reserves will be found in Antarctica.:rolleyes:

New cars will come W/O mufflers or catalytic converters. Turbocharged bigblocks will be standard on our new 10,000 lb SUVs. :D

http://haxadecimal.com/nucleus/media/1/20060527-4643775219.jpg *

SlickHolden
07-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Screw space ships, I want those giant hovercraft things from the Matrix!
Ohh me to:D.. With the EMP:p