PDA

View Full Version : Your last meal

Homem de Gelo
09-04-2008, 05:59 PM
A huge asteroid will hit Earth tomorrow and destroy all life on it, including yourself. So you decide to go out and have the best possible last meal ever.

What's your meal of choice???

whiteballz
09-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Seagrass.

cmcpokey
09-04-2008, 06:07 PM
either seared duck breast, or a perfect ribeye. maybe a rack of lamb. depends on who's cooking.

johnnynumfiv
09-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Prime Rib, fries, eleventy billion buffalo wings, bbq ribs, potato skins, washed down with sprite.

Niko_Fx
09-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Red Lobster = Lobster tail, garlic shrimp, crab legs and some fried shrimp...

or some good old Chinese food.

Sauc3
09-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Fuocchi from Aqua De La Dolce.

The_Canuck
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Pizza friggin Pizza

baddabang
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Stéphanie Fiset with a side of side of bacon and some Blue Moon.

NSXType-R
09-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Ramen.

fisetdavid26
09-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Stéphanie Fiset with a side of side of bacon and some Blue Moon.
I see what you did there.

pimento
09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd probably slaughter and cook up my neighbour. Just so I could say that I did.

70cuda88
09-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Steak

/end thread

Roentgen
09-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Mcdonalds Happy Meal because it'll make me happy before I die. Just Kidding.

I like Chinese food. Especially Roasted Duck.

scottie300z
09-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Red Lobster = Lobster tail, garlic shrimp, crab legs and some fried shrimp...

or some good old Chinese food.

For me, the best tasting lobster meat is in the claws.

Turbo.Jenkens
09-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Handle of Makers Mark and and a bag of ice

Edit: After further contemplation, I realize Half Gallons of Makers don't actually have handles. Typically I only buy the kind of Bourbon drank by men who die penniless in this quantity, but I would probably splurge if faced with eminent destruction.

f6fhellcat13
09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
T-Rex meat obviously :p
and heroin pancakes

Rockefella
09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I would probably get high and then eat any and all kinds of snack foods.

ScionDriver
09-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Hm, tough choice but I would want: A steak, french fires, garlic mashed potatoes, half a slab of BBQ ribs and then a good Chicago style pizza with a nice slice of cheesecake for desert. Yes my final meal would be spread out over the last entire day of my life....

rallyswift75
09-04-2008, 09:53 PM
The biggest ice cream cake in the world FTW! Here is a wiki about the last meal and some famous last meals. Last meal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_meal)

Spastik_Roach
09-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Seagrass.

rofl win

I'd have butter chicken. niiiice.

f6fhellcat13
09-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Judging by this thread, about 10 hrs before th asteroid hits the world will be filled with vomit from people overeating and making romo for more

Roentgen
09-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Actually, I would eat something that would make me die comfortably... or a lethal dose of painkillers, so I wouldn't have to suffer a long and painful death.

cmcpokey
09-04-2008, 10:34 PM
im pretty sure the end of the world would be a bit more bearable if you had a screaming hangover. you want to die, and you wish everyone else would too. sounds perfect.

#1 Mustang Fan
09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Traditional Fry up in the morning, Bacon, Sausages, toast, Hash browns, fried tomatoes and Sauce etc.

For lunch: Butter chicken or all you can eat Chinese buffet.

Roast Lamb with roasted pumpkin, mashed potato, peas and one hell of a gravy for dinner.

crisis
09-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Actually, I would eat something that would make me die comfortably... or a lethal dose of painkillers, so I wouldn't have to suffer a long and painful death.

“A huge asteroid will hit Earth tomorrow and destroy all life on it, including yourself.”

I’m thinking the pain would be fairly fleeting. ;)

Me I would probably be eating last night’s tea , again seeing I would be kissing my arse goodbye….

Kitdy
09-04-2008, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't be concerned with eating, I'd find a hot chick and nail her.

SlickHolden
09-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Pussy!.

Maybe a few bags of chips, Some deep fried chips and chicken, 2 Hot dogs 3 Big Mac's and 3 large chips not fries:D, Haven't had them for over 12 months now, Ad some steak Eye fillets some veggies topped with some gravy..

taz_rocks_miami
09-05-2008, 12:08 AM

That, and I would eat all the high fat foods I love and get back to the hot chick!

NicFromLA
09-05-2008, 01:42 AM
I'd probably slaughter and cook up my neighbour. Just so I could say that I did.

Gents, I like where your heads are.

But to get back on topic; really the last thing I want to do is to die gassy and bloated, so probably just a salad with grilled chicken.

That or Fugu ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugu ) prepared by a chef with Parkinson's disease.

NSXType-R
09-05-2008, 04:33 AM
“A huge asteroid will hit Earth tomorrow and destroy all life on it, including yourself.”

I’m thinking the pain would be fairly fleeting. ;)

Me I would probably be eating last night’s tea , again seeing I would be kissing my arse goodbye….

Well it depends on where it hits...

If it hits you personally, yeah, it'll be fast. But it might be a slow extinction if it hits halfway round the world. :D

IBrake4Rainbows
09-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Veal Parmigiana with garlic mashed potato's.

Served with A glass of Dry Ginger Ale.

Matra et Alpine
09-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Forget an asteroid ....

Leave, leave Geneva every last one of you,
Saturn will be converted from gold to iron,
"Raypoz" will exterminate all who oppose him,
Before the coming the sky will show signs
... RAYPOZ == "Positive ray" ? Positron.

I'm starting my last meal Saturday lunchtime.
They turn on the Large Hadron COllider later that day .....
They reckon it will take between 3 and 7 minutes for a black hole to consume the earth, so no point waiting :)

eating either nic's suggestion with Fugu or haggis, just as dangerous :D

Quiggs
09-05-2008, 09:16 AM
A shrimp cocktail to start; double-bacon wrapped filet mignon, medium; a 1lb lobster tail with butter; baked potato with butter, cheddar cheese and bacon bits; corn on the cob; a couple of triple Captain and Cokes; and for dessert, one of those shakes from Baskin Robbins.

Hey, if I'm dying anyway, why not?

Kitdy
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Forget an asteroid ....

... RAYPOZ == "Positive ray" ? Positron.

I'm starting my last meal Saturday lunchtime.
They turn on the Large Hadron COllider later that day .....
They reckon it will take between 3 and 7 minutes for a black hole to consume the earth, so no point waiting :)

eating either nic's suggestion with Fugu or haggis, just as dangerous :D

Who reckons that?

I thought the LHC opened on the tenth.

Also full energy experiments won't start for months.

Also the current theory regarding black holes is that their lifespan is proportional to their size, and if there were any black holes (and I've heard that we'd need an accelerator much larger than the size of a solar system for even micro black hole in the Standard Model) the current theory is that black holes lifespans are proportional to their size (or mass I forget) and that they would evaporate exceptionally quickly due to Hawking radiation (yes, that Hawking). That being said, if there are some extra dimensions / string theory is true, then maybe some micro black holes will form - but it is believed that they would be harmless.

So no, black holes are not a big issue with the LHC. However, the creation of a lower energy vacuum bubble may be possible, and that would destroy earth, the solar system, the galaxy, and more.

CERN boldly states:

There have been speculations that the Universe is not in its most stable configuration, and that perturbations caused by the LHC could tip it into a more stable state, called a vacuum bubble, in which we could not exist. If the LHC could do this, then so could cosmic-ray collisions. Since such vacuum bubbles have not been produced anywhere in the visible Universe, they will not be made by the LHC.

However, some scientists have said that it or some other bad things could happen, like the formation of strangelets that morph normal matter into strangelets a la ICE-9 in that story and destroy earth etc etc.

Anyways, according to CERN (http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/en/LHC/Safety-en.html) everything is peachy and nothing bad can happen.

Why wouldn't we believe them? It's not like CERN doesn't want potential dangers to be known after spending 10 billion dollars on the LHC. Heh.

Matra et Alpine
09-05-2008, 03:08 PM
ROFL .... yeah the egg-heads at CERN will come out and say "we're tunring this thing on and it will destroy the earth if we turn out to be wrong and/or idiots" :)

Anyway, my comment IS clearly in a humour thread !!!

What I love about all the "proof" of how safe it is ( some prof reported it in the order of 1 in 50million odds )is that ALL of it is based on the model we have built of the universe over the last 20 years. THe efforts of the physicists and mathemeticians indicate the existence of another particle and the LHC was built to find it. WHat gets me is all the theory is based on the EXISTENCE of this ... so if it turns out it doesn't exist then ANYTHING is possible coz the math is based on incorrect assumptions :D

Don't die a virgin :D :D :D

nota
09-05-2008, 03:25 PM
A shrimp cocktail to start; double-bacon wrapped filet mignon, medium; a 1lb lobster tail with butter; baked potato with butter, cheddar cheese and bacon bits; corn on the cob; a couple of triple Captain and Cokes; and for dessert, one of those shakes from Baskin Robbins.

:cool: That sounds alrite! .. + fresh serve of bearded clam for afters :p

kingofthering
09-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I'll start with the rarest sashimi money can buy. Then with that done, I'll move on to some caviar, a small salad, and more appetizers, followed by a round of martinis and tequila shots. Next will be a thick Kobe strip steak, rare, barbequed to perfection. Then to make the meal better, I'll have some more steak.

But the meal with end with an orgy of cheesecakes served on a crystal platter and martinis and tequila shots(hey, it's the end of the world.)

Repeat tequila shots until imminent end is forgotten.

Did I mention that I would be fed by all the female members of this website (all 2 of them) and there would be entertainment throughout the meal consisting of naked lesbians making out?

clutch-monkey
09-05-2008, 04:30 PM

lol that sounds like it'd be your last meal regardless of when you eat it haha

Did I mention that I would be fed by all the female members of this website (all 2 of them)

no you wouldn't

Kitdy
09-05-2008, 05:19 PM
ROFL .... yeah the egg-heads at CERN will come out and say "we're tunring this thing on and it will destroy the earth if we turn out to be wrong and/or idiots" :)

Anyway, my comment IS clearly in a humour thread !!!

What I love about all the "proof" of how safe it is ( some prof reported it in the order of 1 in 50million odds )is that ALL of it is based on the model we have built of the universe over the last 20 years. THe efforts of the physicists and mathemeticians indicate the existence of another particle and the LHC was built to find it. WHat gets me is all the theory is based on the EXISTENCE of this ... so if it turns out it doesn't exist then ANYTHING is possible coz the math is based on incorrect assumptions :D

Don't die a virgin :D :D :D

I know Matra it was in jest - I saw the smileys.

Yes, there is an irony in basing your math on physics you know are incorrect - we already know the Standard Model is wrong so what exactly do we know what will happen? Anyways, things I think will probably be OK.

As for your last statement - wise words.

Fleet 500
09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Last meal:

Definitely pizza.
Then some steak and maybe chicken.

After that, chocolate and ice cream or a vanilla malt.

zeppelin
09-05-2008, 09:25 PM
A two pound lobster, with plenty of clarified butter on a bed of roasted vegetables. It should also come with a side of rosemary and dijon crusted rack of lamb, all served with a couple of bottles of Merlot. To finish the dinner, a nice dry New York cheesecake smothered in caramel.

werty
09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
If I knew it was the end, Im not sure I would eat much, just something real quick, and then I would go do something really fun....like skydive over cali, touch down and steal some guys ferrari:p

orshow
09-06-2008, 07:59 AM
A fry-up

followed by a generous portion of strawberries and ice-cream :)

Spastik_Roach
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
and a deep fried mars bar yes orshow?

Cotterik
09-06-2008, 07:13 PM
sweet and sour chicken, egg fried rice, salt and pepper chicken wings and chips

all from my local chinese takeaway. nothing hits the spot like that ;)

orshow
09-06-2008, 08:16 PM
and a deep fried mars bar yes orshow?

Oh, you have not lived until you have tried a deep fried mars bar!

(just to let you know, as i was typing that, i was drooling:D)

Has anyone, outside Scotland, tried one? they are a taste sensation:D

john14
09-07-2008, 04:07 AM
My last meal would be 4 or 5 nice chocolate eclairs from a shop in Adelaide, Australia.

crisis
09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Well it depends on where it hits...

If it hits you personally, yeah, it'll be fast. But it might be a slow extinction if it hits halfway round the world. :D

In that case you probably got time for a few of your faves then.
Sorry , being a pain in the arse. :D