PDA

View Full Version : Classic (affordable) cars

70cuda88
09-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I might have a chance to sell my car for a reasonably good price. Not that the budget really matters because I'm curious on your opinions too. So i wanna know if you had some extra cash laying around, what kind of car would you buy that would stand out? for instance, and old jaguar or E30. Anything semi rare or just cool looking. Or maybe something with some heritage. It doesn't really matter how much, I'm just curious.

clutch-monkey
09-06-2008, 10:21 PM
i have a friend with an old mazda 323 (the RWD one) with an SR20 in it. not sure if it stands out like you want, but it does 12 sec 1/4 mile runs. clean car and he did it ona tight budget, maybe a retro-tech conversion of some kind could be within your price range?

TehRacer
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I have an 88 E30 M3 and a 71 2002tii. Both are really good and fun cars. I wouldn't really count E30s as classics but the 2002 is really fun and gets you a lot of respect from older folks and almost every BMW fanatic. I would reccomend a 2002 or maybe a Datsun 510. Good luck!

henk4
09-06-2008, 10:59 PM
I have an 88 E30 M3 and a 71 2002tii. Both are really good and fun cars. I wouldn't really count E30s as classics but the 2002 is really fun and gets you a lot of respect from older folks and almost every BMW fanatic. I would reccomend a 2002 or maybe a Datsun 510. Good luck!
do you the guy in Monterey that has the Abarth 1000 OTR? We saw it parked at the Starbucks cafe near the airport, on the way out to the track.
And yes a 2002 (or any 02 series would be a lot of fun to drive.

70cuda88
09-06-2008, 11:21 PM
i have a friend with an old mazda 323 (the RWD one) with an SR20 in it. not sure if it stands out like you want, but it does 12 sec 1/4 mile runs. clean car and he did it ona tight budget, maybe a retro-tech conversion of some kind could be within your price range?

12 second 1/4's? thats impressive. is that with or without modifications?

Zytek_Fan
09-06-2008, 11:23 PM
BMW E30.
Or an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6

But I think if I got any affordable classic, it would have to be an Audi urQuattro

http://www.urquattro.at/images/modellgesch/einleitung.jpg

70cuda88
09-06-2008, 11:26 PM
BMW E30.
Or an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6

But I think if I got any affordable classic, it would have to be an Audi urQuattro

http://www.urquattro.at/images/modellgesch/einleitung.jpg

urQuattro? is that different than a Quattro? i sound like a noob

Zytek_Fan
09-06-2008, 11:28 PM
urQuattro? is that different than a Quattro? i sound like a noob

Here's what wiki says: (explains better than I could :p)

Officially, the model name of the car was simply "Quattro".

The word "quattro" is used to refer to either the Audi 4WD system, or any 4WD version of an Audi automobile. To avoid confusion, this car is also commonly referred to as the Ur-Quattro (the "Ur-" prefix is a German augmentative used, in this case, to mean "original" and is also applied to the first generation, straight five cylinder engined Audi S4 and Audi S6, as in "Ur-S4" and "Ur-S6").

70cuda88
09-06-2008, 11:32 PM
oh i see. the "Ur" confused me, thanks for clearing that up

CamNismo
09-06-2008, 11:44 PM
This isnt classic, or probably even close a car you are looking for, and I cant wait to here the responses on here...But I went to a Dodge Drag Fest some years ago, and these guys were racing these Little Ugly Dodge Omni's down the 1/4 mile at some ridiculously fast times...There was like a whole group of these guys dedicated to the Omni's....It suprised me, especially some of the cars I thought were way faster got embarassed by the quick Omni's....

...Plus its the ultimate sleeper, and it would be so fun to pull up to a stoplight against some guy(in his daddy's car) and just send him home crying...:)

Kitdy
09-07-2008, 12:11 AM

Mods definitely - the engine is different he said - that car would by my estimation be extraordinarily slow with it's base power plant.

This isnt classic, or probably even close a car you are looking for, and I cant wait to here the responses on here...But I went to a Dodge Drag Fest some years ago, and these guys were racing these Little Ugly Dodge Omni's down the 1/4 mile at some ridiculously fast times...There was like a whole group of these guys dedicated to the Omni's....It suprised me, especially some of the cars I thought were way faster got embarassed by the quick Omni's....

...Plus its the ultimate sleeper, and it would be so fun to pull up to a stoplight against some guy(in his daddy's car) and just send him home crying...:)

Not a Nissan CamNismo? I am shocked!

I woulda figured you'd go for a gorgeous 240Z - back when Nissan had a cool name - Datsun. The 240Z is 1 of 2 Nissans off the top of my head that I think look sweet, the other being the Skyline R34.

kingofthering
09-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Porsche 911 and a hefty life insurance policy.

No?

Acura Integra Type-R or a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo. (about 20k USD in Japan in 2005.)

clutch-monkey
09-07-2008, 12:49 AM

Mods definitely - the engine is different he said - that car would by my estimation be extraordinarily slow with it's base power plant.

i think he meant for the SR20? in which case yes; the usual intake/exhaust/ecu.
also 13B's can be installed quite easily.

Porsche 911 and a hefty life insurance policy.

x2
maybe an 80's 3.2 carrera.

Ferrer
09-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Lancia Fulvia Coupe.

nota
09-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I might have a chance to sell my car for a reasonably good price. Not that the budget really matters because I'm curious on your opinions too. So i wanna know if you had some extra cash laying around, what kind of car would you buy that would stand out? for instance, and old jaguar or E30. Anything semi rare or just cool looking. Or maybe something with some heritage. It doesn't really matter how much, I'm just curious.
With no specific budget there's plenty to nominate :p so why not start with a cheap-ish Italian supercar? ATM there's a very tidy example advertised locally which has caught my eye, priced similar to a new 'luxury spec' Corolla etc, but less afflicted by future depreciation

A rare Iso Rivolta Lele Supercar! (http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/72_Iso_Lele_c107.html)

Falcon500
09-07-2008, 03:19 AM

Nothing affordable in the states has anything to do with an sr20.

Ca18det would be a better bet over there they came in s12 gazelles series 1 rx7s are fairly affordable and are pretty out of the ordinary,a fairly hot nissan gazelle is pretty diffrent,starions with the really old version of the 4g63 in them have plenty of go and are really out there and the always lovely 240/260Zs are not too edgy either.

johnnynumfiv
09-07-2008, 06:42 AM
If you got the space, go for a mid 60's galaxie with a big block and a 4speed. If you can find one, get a convertible.
http://www.galaxieclub.com/internationalcarshow/memcarpix/66/Mem1256a.jpg

MG's are another option. MGB's and Midgets are cheap fun. There are also a ton of aftermarket parts for both, from stock to full race spec.
http://www.bccswf.com/20060128046memcar.jpg

NSXType-R
09-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I just saw a Nissan 280Z in great condition. It makes my knees weak just looking at it. I would go for one too.

I've never seen one in such great condition. And it's in my neighborhood too! I hope he sticks around more often. :D

CamNismo
09-07-2008, 09:41 AM

Not a Nissan CamNismo? I am shocked!

I woulda figured you'd go for a gorgeous 240Z - back when Nissan had a cool name - Datsun. The 240Z is 1 of 2 Nissans off the top of my head that I think look sweet, the other being the Skyline R34.

Yeah I dont know what I was thinking of when I didn't post a Nissan...Haha...I just thought the Omni would be a cheap sleeper car.

I like the old Datsun 240z and I have looked at alot of them around my area, but most, if not all, were in horrible shape!!! I also like the old Datsun 510 and Nissan Z31 300zx...

cmcpokey
09-07-2008, 09:55 AM
my answer is always FB.. although teh racers suggestion of the 2002 is also a good one

ringle
09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Go "cheap" exotic...

de Tomaso LongChamp... De Tomaso Longchamp Chassis Numbers (http://www.qv500.com/detomasoregistryindexlongchamp.php)

Ferrari 400i... Ferrari 400i, 1984 400i | Conceptcarz.com - Pictures, Pricing, Information, Wallpaper, History (http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z8807/Ferrari_400i.aspx)

Bitter... Classic Bitter Cars For Sale, Bitters Car Wanted. Used/Private/Trade, Vintage/Veteran/Old Cars on Car and Classic Co UK (http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/566/)

Lambo...Jarama or Urraco or Espada The International Lamborghini Registry (http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/)

ringle
09-07-2008, 10:09 AM
And if money were no object then I'd hit up this....

Wouter Melissen
09-07-2008, 10:29 AM
And if money were no object then I'd hit up this....

Keep an eye on the main page tomorrow.

clutch-monkey
09-07-2008, 03:08 PM
MG's are another option. MGB's and Midgets are cheap fun. There are also a ton of aftermarket parts for both, from stock to full race spec.
http://www.bccswf.com/20060128046memcar.jpg
x2
also a TR6 would be an option. or i'd get another original mini cooper.
what about an RA22 or TA22 celica? the mini mustang styled ones.
other mazda's i'd look at would be an RX-4 or Capella

TehRacer
09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
do you the guy in Monterey that has the Abarth 1000 OTR? We saw it parked at the Starbucks cafe near the airport, on the way out to the track.
And yes a 2002 (or any 02 series would be a lot of fun to drive.

No I don't know him personally but I also saw him that weekend, he complemented me on my 02 and I on his Abarth and we got talking a little but that's it. We met at a gas station. I wish I knew you were coming around these parts I could have said hello and maybe we could have got an overpriced lunch at the track. Did you happen to get any pictures of Mr. Andretti in his Lotus?

TehRacer
09-07-2008, 09:53 PM

Yeah but they break a lot. Trust me I know two people that have them. My uncle just picked up a 60's 911 for 15k although I don't know if that's affordable for you. The suggestion of an FB was also good but it would be hard to find one in good shape. Try getting your hands on an old Mini or even a Porsche 914. If it absolutely doesn't have to be a classic NA (Early to mid 90's) Miata's are the cheapest fun I can think of. Also while were on the topic of not so classic cars you can try a Gen-1 or Gen-2 Toyota MR-2. If you can try finding an AE-86 Corolla,don't let the name fool you, they're fast. If you want a cheap good ,gas-mileage car you can autocross, buy a Honda Fit, coilovers, sway bars, and strut braces. Believe me on that one, no one will be laughing when they see your time. That's about all I can think of now, I'll post later when something pops into my mind. I hope this helped, and good luck!

Falcon500
09-07-2008, 11:42 PM
If you can try finding an AE-86 Corolla,don't let the name fool you, they're fast.!

They are NOT fast unless your tak fujiwara
:rolleyes:

henk4
09-07-2008, 11:43 PM
No I don't know him personally but I also saw him that weekend, he complemented me on my 02 and I on his Abarth and we got talking a little but that's it. We met at a gas station. I wish I knew you were coming around these parts I could have said hello and maybe we could have got an overpriced lunch at the track. Did you happen to get any pictures of Mr. Andretti in his Lotus?

we have been coming each year since 2005, and will be back next year. We might have been at the same 7-eleven gas station, did you see the Mustang with license plate #14?.... I got several shots of Andretti, both in the corkscrew and in turn 11.

Q TOY
09-08-2008, 04:20 AM
As has already been mentioned the MG Miget is probably one of the most affordable real classic car in the uk anyway.

Everyday Classics : Midget: Chrome bumper, RWA (http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/599706.htm)

digitalcraft
09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't know how much leeway we're giving 'classic' here. For an affordable older car though, I've always thought of just abandoning practicality and going for a Toyota MR2. They're cheap and great. I'd have to go with 2nd gen though. The 1st gen have quite a following and are supposedly liked more because they're lighter, but they're just too ugly to me. The second gen are elegant.

Another I could afford and would be much more practical would be a Mazda Protege. Less mid-engine-ness but more seats. The MR2 ultimately you could turn into quite a quick car, whereas the protege would always be basically a go-kart. Not the right layout to make it racy, but you could make it a clean sporty car still. FF cars are good for fun cars you can mess around with and not get punished too badly.

Oh, and one last car: Subaru GL (Leone) wagon. This car is ugly, underpowered and old. However, it does have a few features that make it a great car to make into a fun sporty car. Primarily affordable 4WD on a small car.

My friend had one and it was such a fun vehicle. The 4wd system is amazing for the age of the car, you can switch between 4wd high and low while moving for instance. The car also comes with stock adjustable suspension. What's best? He got it for $100 bucks. You can do a lot of mods with the left-over money!

cmcpokey
09-08-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't know how much leeway we're giving 'classic' here. For an affordable older car though, I've always thought of just abandoning practicality and going for a Toyota MR2. They're cheap and great. I'd have to go with 2nd gen though. The 1st gen have quite a following and are supposedly liked more because they're lighter, but they're just too ugly to me. The second gen are elegant.

the MR-2 will always try and kill you though. supposedly (from and MR-2 owner) the first and third gens are a bit safer on the edge, and wont as easily throw you into a spin once you hit a pebble in the road. the second gen, which i also agree is the best looking, will throw you into a spin. very easily.

digitalcraft
09-08-2008, 10:28 AM
According to the wiki, Toyota changed the car in 1993 because of driving problems like that, does your friend have an older one?

Honestly the Mk3 MR2 is on my short list of new cars to get, I just didn't think it would count in the 'affordable classics' discussion. :P

Wouter Melissen
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
the MR-2 will always try and kill you though. supposedly (from and MR-2 owner) the first and third gens are a bit safer on the edge, and wont as easily throw you into a spin once you hit a pebble in the road. the second gen, which i also agree is the best looking, will throw you into a spin. very easily.

It's why I sold mine.

fisetdavid26
09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
It's why I sold mine.
Pussy.

Wouter Melissen
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Pussy.

Maybe I should have finetuned the suspension.

fisetdavid26
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe I should have finetuned the suspension.
Or your driving.

Quiggs
09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Dave, should we declare "no balls" on Wouter?

digitalcraft
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
What is it anyways? Its mid engined, I thought it had pretty good weight balance. Jittery suspension?

clutch-monkey
09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
mr-2 couldn't be much worse than an older 911 in terms of snap oversteer.

that said, my cousin did go through a two fences and a shop front in his in the wet, although i ascribe that to his lack of talent

cmcpokey
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
my friend 'had' and gen2 turbo. he lost it in a corner when a deer ran out in front of him. he caught one rear wheel in the gravel on the side of the road, and he spun off into the woods. sailed through a couple of small trees, and if anyone had been in the passenger side, they would not have fared so well. he got out with a few bruises and scratches (mainly from having to climb through the thicket back to the road).

somehow through all of this he like them. he still has the wrecked one, and wants to take the engine and put it in a gen1. since the gen 2 turbo had so much more power than the first. still sounds like suicide to me.

johnnynumfiv
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah but they break a lot. Trust me I know two people that have them.

Between my father and I we have over 10 mgs. :) I know their tendencies, but lack of proper maintenance is a huge cause of their problems. The race car has been bulletproof ( knocks on wood) for the past few years of regular competition.:cool:

Falcon500
09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
According to the wiki, Toyota changed the car in 1993 because of driving problems like that, does your friend have an older one?

Honestly the Mk3 MR2 is on my short list of new cars to get, I just didn't think it would count in the 'affordable classics' discussion. :P

First mistake your trusting wiki....alot of things on there should be taken with a grain of salt.

TehRacer
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
we have been coming each year since 2005, and will be back next year. We might have been at the same 7-eleven gas station, did you see the Mustang with license plate #14?.... I got several shots of Andretti, both in the corkscrew and in turn 11.

Well I guess we have a habit then of being at the same place at the same time and not knowing we were even there. I think I might remember the Mustang but then again I'm not too sure. Would you mind emailing me those pictures you took of him? If its not too much trouble just send them to arashmehdipour@ yahoo.com. Thanks buddy, and hope to see you next year! :D

cmcpokey
09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
we should all get together... have a monterey area UCP shindig.

Timothy (in VA)
09-08-2008, 10:03 PM

Well, I've already got my "affordable" classic. It's semi-rare these days, is very cool looking (IMO), and it definitely stands out. If those are your criteria and you're not concerned with fuel mileage, I recommend an American personal luxury coupe from the 1970's, something like a Thunderbird or Lincoln Continental. If you can find one, you could get a Chrysler Cordoba and brag about your rich Corinthian leather.

Alternatively, you could live up to your username and try to find a Plymouth Barracuda. I imagine some of the later (the last Barracudas were made in 1974) V-6 powered models might qualify as "affordable."

70cuda88
09-08-2008, 10:05 PM
ok, lets say my budget was 6000. now what. i know that doesnt leave much. but it does lead a lot for improvement which is what i might go for. ive always wanted to work on my own car (not because i had to, but because i can)

70cuda88
09-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, I've already got my "affordable" classic. It's semi-rare these days, is very cool looking (IMO), and it definitely stands out. If those are your criteria and you're not concerned with fuel mileage, I recommend an American personal luxury coupe from the 1970's, something like a Thunderbird or Lincoln Continental. If you can find one, you could get a Chrysler Cordoba and brag about your rich Corinthian leather.

Alternatively, you could live up to your username and try to find a Plymouth Barracuda. I imagine some of the later (the last Barracudas were made in 1974) V-6 powered models might qualify as "affordable."

well, we have an old Barracuda in town, but i never likes the Barracuda's just the 'Cuda versions made in 1970 and 1971. Otherwise known for their 426 Hemi.

Zytek_Fan
09-08-2008, 10:30 PM
ok, lets say my budget was 6000. now what. i know that doesnt leave much. but it does lead a lot for improvement which is what i might go for. ive always wanted to work on my own car (not because i had to, but because i can)

Audi Quattro.
If you can source one ;)

An Alfa Romeo would fit the bill nicely.

clutch-monkey
09-08-2008, 10:39 PM
for 6 grand:
original mini. hot it up as you get the funds.
E30 325
MG like what johnny said.

70cuda88
09-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Audi Quattro.
If you can source one ;)

An Alfa Romeo would fit the bill nicely.

i cant seem to get enough information on the Audi Quattro. Which one would be the best?

EDIT: A 1988 would be the most famous right?

Q TOY
09-09-2008, 04:50 AM
Classic Cars:

Subaru GL (Leone) wagon

Mazda Protege

That is stretching things a lot too far

Ferrer
09-09-2008, 04:56 AM
i cant seem to get enough information on the Audi Quattro. Which one would be the best?

EDIT: A 1988 would be the most famous right?
Audi Quattro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Quattro)

digitalcraft
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
No way, you can get a GL for a couple hundred and put 5k into mods! :P You'd have the most fun car in the world and some money for beer for your trips.

Waugh-terfall
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Classic Cars:

Subaru GL (Leone) wagon

Mazda Protege

That is stretching things a lot too far

Protege? that's not a classic, they almost forgot to design it's arse!

I say Bond Bug

clutch-monkey
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
lol a beetle with some money sunk into it would be pretty awesome..

whiteballz
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
yeah. That would be cool.

Falcon500
09-09-2008, 08:49 PM
lol a beetle with some money sunk into it would be pretty awesome..

Apparently the porsche motors fit in relativly easy:D could be fun!

Odd ball muscle cars prehaps? Studebaker larks and cruisers AMC Hornets, matadors a low spec javalen might go into the budget ummmm errr old DeSotos that have been hot rodded could be pretty cool (think budget lead sled)....

Old sunbeam alpines are pretty cheap very diffrent and can be made fun.

TehRacer
09-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Just get a 2002.

cmcpokey
09-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Just get a 2002.

you are all about pushing the 2002s. lets get it out side by side with my rx-7....;)

johnnynumfiv
09-11-2008, 05:07 PM
you are all about pushing the 2002s. lets get it out side by side with my rx-7....;)

What about.... a 2002 with a E46 M3 powertrain. Muhahahha.:cool:

cmcpokey
09-11-2008, 06:57 PM
What about.... a 2002 with a E46 M3 powertrain. Muhahahha.:cool:

sexy and fast... perfect.

Lets Gekiga In
09-24-2008, 11:27 PM

Soft Corinthian leather.

YouTube - 1975 Chrysler Cordoba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o)

kennyknoxville
09-25-2008, 08:07 AM
e30 m3 or a 78 monte carlo. the bimmer is pure enthusiast and the monte carlo is the bugatti atlantic of its time...seriously one of the baddest cars ever

LeonOfTheDead
09-25-2008, 08:13 AM
e30 m3 or a 78 monte carlo. the bimmer is pure enthusiast and the monte carlo is the bugatti atlantic of its time...seriously one of the baddest cars ever

are you seriously comparing a Chevy with a Bugatti?!

it's not really surprising me considering the "random" posts you are doing lately

kennyknoxville
09-25-2008, 08:16 AM
have you seen the 78 monte carlo or the bugatti atlatic? its just a good metaphor. you should try comparing the two without being subjective about brands and condsider the time periods they were in.

LeonOfTheDead
09-25-2008, 08:21 AM
have you seen the 78 monte carlo or the bugatti atlatic? its just a good metaphor. you should try comparing the two without being subjective about brands and condsider the time periods they were in.

I can do that, and still think that those are two different cars, copmlitely. the Chevy can be good, but it was still mass-produced an not custom-made, unlike the Bugatti.
in they respective time period, the Bugatti was one of the more desirable car, the Montecarlo was, maybe, the more desirable car for the common man, at most, and I doubt that.
can't see how it's possible to compare those two car, seriously.

kennyknoxville
09-25-2008, 08:24 AM
look wise. style wise. nothing more. whatever im probrably wrong

Waugh-terfall
09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
mk2 Vauxhall Astra GTE 16v

codymustang
08-11-2009, 08:13 PM
72 mustang? you could get one to restore, cheap and fun to do if you can put in the time. I just got a 67 mustang and cant wait to get started restoring this weekend

johnnynumfiv
08-11-2009, 09:04 PM
72 mustang? you could get one to restore, cheap and fun to do if you can put in the time. I just got a 67 mustang and cant wait to get started restoring this weekend
And for many weekends after that one. And when you think you are done, more weekends after that.:D

clutch-monkey
08-11-2009, 09:06 PM
..and then you start wishing you'd spent a little more on someone else's nearly finished project lol

cargirl1990
08-11-2009, 09:09 PM
if i could get myself a classic car that is affordable and i was filthy stinkin rich, id get these:
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, 1966.
- Chevrolet Camaro SS, 1967
- Chevrolet Nova SS, 1970
- Dodge Charger R/T, 1969
- Dodge Challenger R/T, 1971
- Ford Mustang GT, 1964
- Ford Escort Cosworth ( maybe )
- BMW 2002
and many others

DesmoRob
08-12-2009, 01:16 AM
I'll have a 1980 Ferrari 308

LeonOfTheDead
08-12-2009, 02:53 AM
Dino/Ferrari GT4, no matter which engine.

cargirl1990
08-12-2009, 06:53 AM
I'll have a 1980 Ferrari 308

you are an epic win. :D

wwgkd
08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
..and then you start wishing you'd spent a little more on someone else's nearly finished project lol

I experienced that with a 64 1/2 mustang. Makes me wonder about a caterham 7. If the mooks on top gear can do it, I have to be able to, right?

johnnynumfiv
08-12-2009, 06:26 PM
if i could get myself a classic car that is affordable and i was filthy stinkin rich, id get these:
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, 1966.
- Chevrolet Camaro SS, 1967
- Chevrolet Nova SS, 1970
- Dodge Charger R/T, 1969
- Dodge Challenger R/T, 1971
- Ford Mustang GT, 1964
- Ford Escort Cosworth ( maybe )
- BMW 2002
and many others

396/375hp Aluminum head option for the Camaro and Nova?

clutch-monkey
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I experienced that with a 64 1/2 mustang. Makes me wonder about a caterham 7. If the mooks on top gear can do it, I have to be able to, right?

that kind of stuff seems okay though because it's like lego for adults. but it's still cheaper to buy one secodn hand pre-built lol, unless there are specific options you want haha

cargirl1990
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
396/375hp Aluminum head option for the Camaro and Nova?

YEP! i'd GIT 'R DONE about that. :D
my gramps had a Nova SS in green. i wish he still had it though... :(

wwgkd
08-12-2009, 09:30 PM
that kind of stuff seems okay though because it's like lego for adults. but it's still cheaper to buy one secodn hand pre-built lol, unless there are specific options you want haha

It's not so much the money you save building it as the fun you have in the process. I'd just be a little nervous taking anything I built that fast. Assembled a bike as a kid and didn't get the brakes working right. First thing I did was ride it up this giant hill behind our house (which doesn't require brakes) and then back down (which does.) That was a shock, but fortunately I'm a natural at crashing. May not work out so well on a caterham, though.

clutch-monkey
08-12-2009, 09:38 PM
haha maybe get it checked out by a pro befoe driving it :D

johnnynumfiv
08-13-2009, 03:07 PM
YEP! i'd GIT 'R DONE about that. :D
my gramps had a Nova SS in green. i wish he still had it though... :(
Niiice.
What'd it have in it?

cargirl1990
08-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Niiice.
What'd it have in it?

im not sure. i don't my gramp's remembers. he might, but i'll ask and let you know what she had as an engine. sorry for the inconvenience. :( :o