PDA

View Full Version : Anyone race on-line ?

Matra et Alpine
05-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Been a lapsed GPL and SCGT sim-racer for a few years now.

tried the demo for Toca Driver 2 and impressed enough to buy it and start tinkering with car setup etc.

it has a good on-line racing the equal of Gotam Racing 2 on the Xbox ( though city graphics aren't as good sadly )

SO, the quesiton is do any other UCPers race on-line - mainly PC I'm interseted in but PS2 and Xbox'ers can share here too ?

Intrested in having some UCPer races, maybe a wee league going ??

Post here what you race on what platform and user ids when online.
Mine is ...... yep you geussed .... MatraEtAlpine on Toca Driver 2 :)

BTW, the Jags are loads of fun and I'm further convinced that street circuits have no place in motorsport :)

Cotterik
05-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Ive got Toca Race Driver 2 demo but i kept gettin naffed off every time my e-type started doin donuts for no reason :mad: Ive also got Need For Speed Underground online on PS2. Both usernames......cotterick

DasModell
05-07-2004, 10:53 AM
I play GPL online . .. btw . the 1965 mode for GPL has been launched last week :) :)

Coventrysucks
05-07-2004, 11:23 AM
I have been thinking about getting TOCA 2

From what I have seen in the Demo, it is good,
Although trying to drive in Pro simulation mode, using 'manual with clutch' is a bit tricky using a keyboard :D
Might have to stump up the cash.

You might want to check out the new GT racing game from Simbin
Licensed by the FIA, the physics are modelled on actual telemetry from the cars, and they have also recorded the cars from real life aswell.

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/awards/2/winners/208

The number of cars is a bit limited, but it should be the most realistically handling game on the market, when it is released.

I am just downloading the Demo, I shall report back. :D

Matra et Alpine
05-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I am just downloading the Demo, I shall report back. :D
I've tried it - but it was without the wheel at the time - and it wasn't anything spectacular. Handling was iffy - but I put that down to keyboard - and the graphics were so-so.
Once I get the server stable I'll be re-arranging the desk for the wheel again :)

DasModell
05-07-2004, 11:50 AM
you better start . a few friends of mine played it . and they said it's very good .. exept when you crash into the barriers . but that shouldn't happen to often :)

Mustang
05-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Firstly is Toca race driver 2 out yet??

secondle i was deciding weather to get my PS2 or my Xbix online, i was thinking more towards PS2 becasue then i can enter the championships on Painterr's site, and also play Race driver 2 somewhere, at the moment i dont think that my graphics cars and sound card are good enough to play the most modern games on so i would have to go for PS2 on GT4 (when its out) and Race driver 2 :D

ZerK
05-07-2004, 02:39 PM
I play Live For Speed online, and I'm no giant-killer, but can hold my own ith most other people out there. I've played a not-particularly-legal version of GPL (via Kazaa) with mods and stuff installed and it rocks. A legal version is in the post :) I'll be sure playing that online if I get half a chance. The new upcoming GTR sim (Press Handling Demo released to the public!) looks set to be awesome, and the demo is fantastic - force feedback doesn't feel quite right, you feel the road, but you can't feel what the car is doing. Awesome sound, great graphics, physics are brill. Will be superb online :cool:

If anyone's got Live For Speed S1, do a search on MGBoy, I may well be online. GT-Turbo 4 evah!!!!1!$(&!#

___
05-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Yea i race LFS too, mainly just for the drifting. I am thinking about the full ver i think it looks good i am just to lazy to do it :)

any ways i am JDM MORAN in the game.

Coventrysucks
05-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Hmmm GTR....

I think the physics makes using a wheel a must, and I assume that most people buying this will have one.
I was finding it a bit tricky to keep the Morgan pointing in the right direction with the keyboard.

The graphics aren't spectacular, but I suppose they have had to compromise so that they can use more data for the handling side of things.

The layout of all the menus is a bit complicated.

It has all the little touches though; you need the ignition on before you start the engine, when the fuel gets low enough the engine starts spluttering and losing power, adjustable seat, etc.

It makes TOCA 2 look like childs play though. :)

drakkie
05-08-2004, 12:42 AM
i pl;ay DTM/Toca race driver online a lot, and im installing scgt on this moment username: your problem
when i create a game , server name: 2fast2furious

Matra et Alpine
05-08-2004, 07:27 AM
i pl;ay DTM/Toca race driver online a lot, and im installing scgt on this moment username: your problem
when i create a game , server name: 2fast2furious
man forgot about SCGT. Another grat one !!
That and GPL were my "relaxation" many an evening !!