View Full Version : Bugatti Veyron GT

dydzi
09-16-2008, 04:54 AM
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7347/clipboard01pv4.jpg

LeonOfTheDead
09-16-2008, 05:18 AM
where did you find this?
I had already heard such rumors before.
I didn't expect they were going to offer the engine upgrade to all the other cars.

ErWin76
09-16-2008, 06:53 AM
That's insane.:D

kiriman
09-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeonOfTheDead
09-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what are you going to say the day this (if) will be relaised?!

ScionDriver
09-16-2008, 07:18 AM
That is amazing. If this is for real then I don't know what to say.

faksta
09-16-2008, 07:30 AM
For those who think Veyron is not enough.

LeonOfTheDead
09-16-2008, 07:34 AM
For those who think Veyron is not enough.

VW?

"shame" it will dilute/destroy Veyron's exclusivity even more.

fisetdavid26
09-16-2008, 08:10 AM
This letter looks as professional as my 11-year old sister writing an homework in Microsoft Word. Except for the Bugatti logo of course.

But if it turns out to be true, motherofgod.jpg.

Ferrer
09-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Pointelessly stupid.

I guess that all-conquering VW doesn't like being beaten by some blokes in a shed in Washington.

dydzi
09-16-2008, 09:09 AM
This letter looks as professional as my 11-year old sister writing an homework in Microsoft Word. Except for the Bugatti logo of course.

Stephanie looks very good and ummm mature as for 11

fisetdavid26
09-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Stephanie looks very good and ummm mature as for 11
I have two sisters.

dydzi
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
two Stephanies is too much for one house :eek:

fisetdavid26
09-16-2008, 09:36 AM
two Stephanies is too much for one house :eek:
I have a brother too if you're interested.

But we are going off-topic now, aren't we...

ruim20
09-16-2008, 09:54 AM
They should tune it to 1500hp, an even number, sounds much better and i think the engine can take it.

Really... why not!? They should try and evolve the Veyron as far as it can go.

digitalcraft
09-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Sheesh, the Bugatti Space Shuttle.

Ecnelis
09-16-2008, 11:55 AM
where did you find this?

Here: Motor Authority » Unofficial document reveals details about 425km/h Veyron GT (http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/bugatti-planning-veyron-successor-for-2011-12/)

And here: Bugatti Veyron GT: 1.350 pk en 425+ km/u » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat (http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2008/09/13/bugatti-veyron-gt-1350-pk-en-425-kmu)

And (The Source :D) here: Hè hè, eindelijk opschieten met de Bugatti Veyron. Nieuwe top: 425 km/uur - NINE TO FIVE - 925.nl (http://925.nl/archief/2008/08/28/heh-eindelijk-maken-ze-de-bugatti-veyron-iets-sneller-nieuwe-top)

;)

baddabang
09-16-2008, 01:04 PM

What the ****. She told me she was 18.

fisetdavid26
09-16-2008, 01:05 PM
What the ****. She told me she was 18.
Jailbait.

Cotterik
09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
264mph? i cant and wont believe thats possible in a road legal car.

LeonOfTheDead
09-17-2008, 01:37 AM
264mph? i cant and wont believe thats possible in a road legal car.

it's not a huge bump from the standard (jebus, can't believe I'm saying "standard") Veyron, even if it's a big challenge technically. I'm curious to see which modification will be used to keep it on the ground. I hated the restriction used to allow the "standard" one to reach its max speed. I for one don't think it's right to say it's the fastet car since a lot of other supercar modified in a "max speed set up" could reach that speed and maybe even more, but than they would be unusable in that set-up, like the Veyron. McLaren F1, Koenigsegg CCX and SSC Aero are much better, but I'm not one of those who think that the fastest car is even the better.

Spastik_Roach
09-17-2008, 01:48 AM
I heard they got god to hold the car down on the ground but he wasn't strong enough, so Zeus came along and he totally had enough downforce, and all was well again.

2ndclasscitizen
09-17-2008, 01:51 AM
it's not a huge bump from the standard (jebus, can't believe I'm saying "standard") Veyron, even if it's a big challenge technically. I'm curious to see which modification will be used to keep it on the ground. I hated the restriction used to allow the "standard" one to reach its max speed.

What "restriction" did they use to get it to 407kmh?

clutch-monkey
09-17-2008, 01:53 AM
was it tires? or are you guys talking aero?

LeonOfTheDead
09-17-2008, 02:06 AM
What "restriction" did they use to get it to 407kmh?

the rear wing is in a horizontal position, allowing just a better aerodynamic penetration but way less downforce, maybe almost none, so basically no handling. the ground clearance is reduced to 45 mm, even a little rock can reduce that space of about the 10%, with eventually big aero problems. the simply fact that you need a second key, and that you need to sign some kind of contract to have it, and that they ask you to check to whole road (track) you are going to face at that speed, and that at that speed you are going to destroy the tires in 15 minutes...
basically, you can't just take the car and flat out. neither in other supercars, but I never read/heard of so many stuff connected to the top speed of another supercar.
the Veyron is unusable in that set up. just look at the different angle of the rear wing between normal mode and max-speed mode.

was it tires? or are you guys talking aero?

see above, but don't worry, the fuel is going to finish in 12 minutes so if you have new tires you are safe

fisetdavid26
09-17-2008, 04:30 AM
Who the hell would do 407 km/h for 12 minutes anyway? The adrenaline rush alone for a couple of seconds at that speed would be far enough for me thank you.

Quiggs
09-17-2008, 06:23 AM

Is she hot, too?

Ferrer
09-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Who the hell would do 407 km/h for 12 minutes anyway? The adrenaline rush alone for a couple of seconds at that speed would be far enough for me thank you.
More importantly, where would you do 407km/h?

LeonOfTheDead
09-17-2008, 07:08 AM

Washington ;)

2ndclasscitizen
09-17-2008, 07:11 AM
the rear wing is in a horizontal position, allowing just a better aerodynamic penetration but way less downforce, maybe almost none, so basically no handling. the ground clearance is reduced to 45 mm, even a little rock can reduce that space of about the 10%, with eventually big aero problems. the simply fact that you need a second key, and that you need to sign some kind of contract to have it, and that they ask you to check to whole road (track) you are going to face at that speed, and that at that speed you are going to destroy the tires in 15 minutes...
basically, you can't just take the car and flat out. neither in other supercars, but I never read/heard of so many stuff connected to the top speed of another supercar.

And? You're not likely just point and squirt that horrible Diablo kit car SSC up to 400+kmh anytime you think about it. Checking the road before you do 407kmh? Imagine that!

LeonOfTheDead
09-17-2008, 07:13 AM
And? You're not likely just point and squirt that horrible Diablo kit car SSC up to 400+kmh anytime you think about it. Checking the road before you do 407kmh? Imagine that!

never said the SSC is a good or good looking car.
the Veyron is just more "sensible" than others.

RacingManiac
09-17-2008, 07:56 AM
what's odd though is that if they have enough trouble managing heat with the standard engine in the current package, how are they going to do that with even more power....

Ferrer
09-17-2008, 09:42 AM
what's odd though is that if they have enough trouble managing heat with the standard engine in the current package, how are they going to do that with even more power....
No body at all perhaps?

NSXType-R
09-17-2008, 09:54 AM
the Veyron is unusable in that set up. just look at the different angle of the rear wing between normal mode and max-speed mode.

see above, but don't worry, the fuel is going to finish in 12 minutes so if you have new tires you are safe

Well if you can engineer it so that it didn't need the key and I can go 252 mph whenever I damn wanted when I own the car, I'll call you as an amazing engineer.

It's not possible to make it road worthy, 252 mph capable, comfortable, and fast all at the same time. I'm surprised Buggati even pulled it off.

And would you feel safe driving on the highway with random Veyrons blasting by at 252 mph, with the amount of crashed Enzos as it is?

VW, don't pull off another stupid car. Unless you're making stupid amounts of money as it is.

LeonOfTheDead
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Well if you can engineer it so that it didn't need the key and I can go 252 mph whenever I damn wanted when I own the car, I'll call you as an amazing engineer.

It's not possible to make it road worthy, 252 mph capable, comfortable, and fast all at the same time. I'm surprised Buggati even pulled it off.

And would you feel safe driving on the highway with random Veyrons blasting by at 252 mph, with the amount of crashed Enzos as it is?

VW, don't pull off another stupid car. Unless you're making stupid amounts of money as it is.

let see it this way: the Bug weights over 2 tons, and can reach 400 kmh.
McLaren F1, Koenigsegg and others, can reach 370/380 kmh, but weight 1,1/1,4 tons. The kinetic energy possessed by the two kind of cars is quite different. so I'm more scared by a Bug even doing 350 kmh (standard limited speed without the second key) than by another of those cars doing its max speed.
btw, the speed aren't "so different" from 370 and 400 kmh , but those cars aren't impossible to drive in the same set up they reach their top speeds at standard speed or even around a track. while the Veyron is impossible to drive in such set up.
the problem isn't developing a car that can reach that speed and being comfy, usable etc, but to do that with a car that weight over 2 tons and has the shape of a wing, and a bodywork/design that prevent the mechanic parts from cool down.

NSXType-R
09-17-2008, 10:14 AM
McLaren F1, Koenigsegg and others, can reach 370/380 kmh, but weight 1,1/1,4 tons. The kinetic energy possessed by the two kind of cars is quite different. so I'm more scared by a Bug even doing 350 kmh (standard limited speed without the second key) than by another of those cars doing its max speed.
btw, the speed aren't "so different" from 370 and 400 kmh , but those cars aren't impossible to drive in the same set up they reach their top speeds at standard speed or even around a track. while the Veyron is impossible to drive in such set up.
the problem isn't developing a car that can reach that speed and being comfy, usable etc, but to do that with a car that weight over 2 tons and has the shape of a wing, and a bodywork/design that prevent the mechanic parts from cool down.

But you also need to realize that the Bug was designed to be fast and comfortable. While the McLaren F1 and Koenigsegg are not spartan, I'm sure that the Bug is more comfortable by far than the other two and is way more luxurious too.

The Buggati was built (quoting the factory) so that a grandmother can drive it. I doubt the same can be said about the McLaren F1 and less so of the Koenigsegg. They would give the same grandmother a heart attack, a stroke, and broken back all at the same time. :D

LeonOfTheDead
09-17-2008, 10:24 AM
But you also need to realize that the Bug was designed to be fast and comfortable. While the McLaren F1 and Koenigsegg are not spartan, I'm sure that the Bug is more comfortable by far than the other two and is way more luxurious too.

The Buggati was built (quoting the factory) so that a grandmother can drive it. I doubt the same can be said about the McLaren F1 and less so of the Koenigsegg. They would give the same grandmother a heart attack, a stroke, and broken back all at the same time. :D

true...but the grandma would have a heart attack even knowing that the Bug costed as muc as the other two putted together :D

NSXType-R
09-17-2008, 12:35 PM
true...but the grandma would have a heart attack even knowing that the Bug costed as muc as the other two putted together :D

But that grandma could also afford all three at the same time, if she was even interested in buying the Bug in the first place. :D

You don't express interest in purchasing a car if you certainly know for sure that you can't buy it. :D

Was VW picky in choosing owners like Ferrari with the Enzo, or was it first come first serve?

Ferrer
09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I somewhat doubt grannies are typical costumers for supercars...

fisetdavid26
09-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Is she hot, too?
I don't consider an 11 year old girl "hot". You [F word + ing] pedo.

Except for test tracks, nowhere. Which defies the whole point of being able to do it.

Ferrer
09-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Except for test tracks, nowhere. Which defies the whole point of being able to do it.
And only on certain race tracks at that.

The good thing about old supercars (80's and 90's) was that you could somewhat attempt to achieve their top speeds on the autobahn. But with those 400km/h cars it's simply impossible.

The Veyron is almost ironic. It's a road biased car that can't really be used in the road.

dydzi
09-17-2008, 03:42 PM
And only on certain race tracks at that.

The good thing about old supercars (80's and 90's) was that you could somewhat attempt to achieve their top speeds on the autobahn. But with those 400km/h cars it's simply impossible.

The Veyron is almost ironic. It's a road biased car that can't really be used in the road.

of course it can. it's a great tourer that can be used either for memorable journeys either for a city (there's one veyron in Poland and the owner is using it as a daily driver - going with it either to work or for bread to supermarket). the point wasn't to prove that owner can make use of all that horsepower - completely the opposite in fact - to offer him endless amounts of it

2ndclasscitizen
09-17-2008, 08:34 PM

The McLaren F1 that set the speed record had it's rev limiter removed, and as Top Gear proved, you can't drive a CCX to it's limit without a spoiler which will reduce it's top speed, and it's got adjustable suspension that you really need to set for handling or straight line as a few magazines have pointed out.

Ferrer
09-18-2008, 01:07 AM
of course it can. it's a great tourer that can be used either for memorable journeys either for a city (there's one veyron in Poland and the owner is using it as a daily driver - going with it either to work or for bread to supermarket). the point wasn't to prove that owner can make use of all that horsepower - completely the opposite in fact - to offer him endless amounts of it
If you aren't going to use the power, then you might as well have a Polo diesel...

LeonOfTheDead
09-18-2008, 01:08 AM
The McLaren F1 that set the speed record had it's rev limiter removed, and as Top Gear proved, you can't drive a CCX to it's limit without a spoiler which will reduce it's top speed, and it's got adjustable suspension that you really need to set for handling or straight line as a few magazines have pointed out.

adjustable suspensions come standard in almost all supercars, can't remember one since...
the Koenigsegg wing is an optional you can decide, at your risk, to not buy.
for as regards the rev limiter removed on the McLaren F1, I think I already heard something about it. Without it, it managed an average speed of 387 kmh with a peak of 391. with the rev limiter, 372 kmh come very easily and fastly. fair enough for me.

2ndclasscitizen
09-18-2008, 02:19 AM
adjustable suspensions come standard in almost all supercars, can't remember one since...

Not adjustable as in pushing a button and making harder or softer, adjustable as in getting out the spanners and adjusting everything.

LeonOfTheDead
09-18-2008, 02:38 AM
Not adjustable as in pushing a button and making harder or softer, adjustable as in getting out the spanners and adjusting everything.

I wasn't referring to electronic gizmos, but actual modification of the set up.

dydzi
09-18-2008, 03:25 AM
If you aren't going to use the power, then you might as well have a Polo diesel...

you completely do not follow the philosophy presented in my previous post

Ferrer
09-18-2008, 05:07 AM
you completely do not follow the philosophy presented in my previous post
I know.

You don't follow my philosophy either.

dydzi
09-18-2008, 07:12 AM
I know.

You don't follow my philosophy either.

i follow yours but i try to prove it's wrong :)

2ndclasscitizen
09-18-2008, 07:48 AM
I wasn't referring to electronic gizmos, but actual modification of the set up.

Of the current Supercars on sale today, I can only think of the various Koenigsegg and Gumpert models that have fully adjustable suspension.

Ferrer
09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
i follow yours but i try to prove it's wrong :)
I try to do the same, just the opposite way. :)

JRodrigues
09-18-2008, 01:03 PM

You can have all it's power without even going beyond 70 km/h.

LeonOfTheDead
09-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Of the current Supercars on sale today, I can only think of the various Koenigsegg and Gumpert models that have fully adjustable suspension.

Even the Zonda F, probably in Club Sport trim, has them, and so the Ascari A10. the Enzo/MC12 are electronically adjustable as you mentioned above, but IIRC you can also act mechanically on them, and so should be the Carrera GT.
we could also count the Caparo T1 and the Ultima GTR, and even the Ariel Atom since you called the Top Gear test, and it proved to be as fast as those already mentioned, but not on a straight line.
The SLR probably doesn't have something like this, and the already mentioned Bug.
talking again about the Bug, to say again how much it is different from all other supercars, you cannot change a tire by yourself or at your official dealer. but the tire must be sent to Molsheim where it will be substituted in a laboratory, because of the high level of precision required.
the car is so "at the limit", even a dirty bodywork would change its behaviour. kidding of course.

NSXType-R
09-19-2008, 05:45 AM
Well I know the Carrera GT you can't change the tire as well. It only has one large nut on the wheel, which unless you have a special wrench you can't change it.

So much for Porsche reliability and self serviceability. And, the Enzo, you can't change fuses without taking the two front tires off, because you need to open the front hood to access it.

LeonOfTheDead
09-19-2008, 05:58 AM
Well I know the Carrera GT you can't change the tire as well. It only has one large nut on the wheel, which unless you have a special wrench you can't change it.

So much for Porsche reliability and self serviceability. And, the Enzo, you can't change fuses without taking the two front tires off, because you need to open the front hood to access it.

those are different stories, but true.
In the MG SV you need to take off the right (or left?) tire to recharge the battery. and in the Audi A2 you need a special tool to open the hood, and only Audi garages have it.

NSXType-R
09-19-2008, 08:25 AM
those are different stories, but true.
In the MG SV you need to take off the right (or left?) tire to recharge the battery. and in the Audi A2 you need a special tool to open the hood, and only Audi garages have it.

Wow, that's totally retarded. :D

What happen to home servicability? Wasn't that a large part of older cars? Early cars always came with a tool kit in the trunk, not a thin screw jack and a can of tire sealant. Jeez, how far we've lost with newer cars. :D

Ferrer
09-19-2008, 10:22 AM
and in the Audi A2 you need a special tool to open the hood, and only Audi garages have it.
Nope I'm sure you can buy it in your local store too.

It's called hammer.

LeonOfTheDead
09-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Nope I'm sure you can buy it in your local store too.

It's called hammer.

that's for your fingers if you bought that car ;)

Ferrer
09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
that's for your fingers if you bought that car ;)
You know what, I actually liked the hightec aluminium spaceframe approach of the A2.

LeonOfTheDead
09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
You know what, I actually liked the hightec aluminium spaceframe approach of the A2.

the smart's tridion was more high-tech though

Ferrer
09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
the smart's tridion was more high-tech though
But that can only seat two and it has a stupid gearbox.

LeonOfTheDead
09-19-2008, 01:14 PM
But that can only seat two and it has a stupid gearbox.

well, in the A2 the fact that the car was made of aluminum didn't make any difference, it was basically an even uglier A-Klasse, without any major improvement, while the Smart was (not so) lightweight and kinda compact, even hypothetically enlarging it in order to accommodate four passengers.
off-topic ftw.

Ferrer
09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
well, in the A2 the fact that the car was made of aluminum didn't make any difference, it was basically an even uglier A-Klasse, without any major improvement, while the Smart was (not so) lightweight and kinda compact, even hypothetically enlarging it in order to accommodate four passengers.
off-topic ftw.
The Audi A2 was lighter than its rivals and it was the first (and AFAIK only) 5 door car to have a fuel consumption of 3l/100km.

The clever Smart is the Mitusibish i, which I like.

(And who cares about some Veyron, those are much more interesting. :))

LeonOfTheDead
09-19-2008, 03:27 PM
The Audi A2 was lighter than its rivals and it was the first (and AFAIK only) 5 door car to have a fuel consumption of 3l/100km.

The clever Smart is the Mitusibish i, which I like.

(And who cares about some Veyron, those are much more interesting. :))

the A2 3L version was a little silly. it was very expensive and was able of the declared 3l/100km only if driven "properly" and in specific situations, something like the Prius, don't take it to the Autobahn ;) It was a sort of road legal prototype. Since they sold very few cars of it, I'm wondering if they were also reliable, never hear about it. IIRC the was also a Lupo/Arosa version capable of such a mileage.
agree on the Mitsu, but I always forget about it, damn Jap and silly marketing choices, bring here that car!

Ferrer
09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
the A2 3L version was a little silly. it was very expensive and was able of the declared 3l/100km only if driven "properly" and in specific situations, something like the Prius, don't take it to the Autobahn ;) It was a sort of road legal prototype. Since they sold very few cars of it, I'm wondering if they were also reliable, never hear about it. IIRC the was also a Lupo/Arosa version capable of such a mileage.
agree on the Mitsu, but I always forget about it, damn Jap and silly marketing choices, bring here that car!
But Lupo/Arosa was a smaller car than the Audi.

And of course at european motorway speeds you weren't going to achieve 3l/100km. But probably rivals were much worse.

Bleeding Heart
09-19-2008, 06:32 PM
They should tune it to 1500hp, an even number, sounds much better and i think the engine can take it.

Really... why not!? They should try and evolve the Veyron as far as it can go.

Yeah, I agree with you... with a massive 8.0L W-16 quad-turbo engine, they should be able to do 1,500 bhp... Just like the Koenigsegg, it only uses a 5.0L V-8 with twin-superchargers (1,046 bhp) and yet it is more powerful than the stock Veyron (1,001 bhp).

john14
09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
425 km per hour? That's incredibly fast for an automobile of any description.

70cuda88
09-19-2008, 11:48 PM
i could see how it could get impractical in that set up

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=285260&stc=1&d=1221893262

f6fhellcat13
09-20-2008, 12:26 AM
That spoiler is for pussies, real men use ones like these:

LeonOfTheDead
09-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I agree with you... with a massive 8.0L W-16 quad-turbo engine, they should be able to do 1,500 bhp... Just like the Koenigsegg, it only uses a 5.0L V-8 with twin-superchargers (1,046 bhp) and yet it is more powerful than the stock Veyron (1,001 bhp).

A stock Veyron produces about 1060 bhp. they did it so that even in the case that an engine is not perfect (in their tight parameters) it would still produce 1001 bhp or more.
beside, the Veyron is afflicted by overheating problems (and aero), and that prevents them from going so far with the engine tune. it has thirteen radiators, while a 599 GTB should have 3 or 4 IIRC. apart from that, all that power (so torque) would require a much stronger gearbox (where they had other problems), and new tires to manage the forces the car could generate, and even those where a source of problems.
Finally, 1500 bhp are a huge amount of power, probably a little poitless on the street, so it would be restricted by ESP/TC all the time to make the car drivable and comfortable enough.
I would prefer a lower weight.

ccj457
09-24-2008, 12:51 AM
I like this monster.

torque55
09-25-2008, 05:11 AM
i wonder whats next ?

2500 BHP 10 turbos with 24 cylinders