PDA

View Full Version : Classic Aston

Roentgen
10-04-2008, 05:44 AM
I had the pleasure of seeing a classic Aston Martin recently. It looks like a DB5, but apparently it is a variant of a DB4. That confused me, as I don't know much about classic cars. It has Superleggera written on the bonnet. So what exactly is this?

clutch-monkey
10-04-2008, 05:46 AM
nice, do you have any specs that might help match it to a model name?

So what exactly is this?

unreliable

Ferrer
10-04-2008, 06:52 AM
It looks like a DB4. The differences are mainly on the front end. The DB5 has covered headlpamps while the DB4 doesn't (alotugh some late DB4s do).

It says "Superleggera" because it was bodied by Carrozzeria Touring, which emplyed the system.

Roentgen
10-04-2008, 04:00 PM
nice, do you have any specs that might help match it to a model name?

unreliable

I don't know any specs for the car. But I do know that it took him 10 minutes just to warm up the engine before it can go... so, yea, unreliable. :p

Bleeding Heart
10-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I don't know any specs for the car. But I do know that it took him 10 minutes just to warm up the engine before it can go... so, yea, unreliable. :p

And there is another problem of many classic british cars... They are very Unreliable... Nice styling though...

Roentgen
10-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Ok guys, mystery is over. I found out.

It's a DB5 prototype, with a DB4 bodyshell. There are 163 in the world.

Matra et Alpine
10-05-2008, 03:52 AM
it took him 10 minutes just to warm up the engine before it can go... so, yea, unreliable. :p
EVERY performance competition car needs that or it's just plain stupid :(
Also, when you've got one of 163 then it pays to ensure the longevity of all the original parts as much as possible :)
We have 5 classic Astons who compete in our hillclimb :)

Pro Driver
10-21-2008, 05:49 AM
I think it's still a cool car and would like to have one :)

dydzi
10-21-2008, 07:29 AM
It says "Superleggera" because it was bodied by Carrozzeria Touring, which emplyed the system.

i think it's worth telling what it is... Superleggera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superleggera)