PDA

View Full Version : Evo IX?

Cotterik
05-08-2004, 07:54 AM
After the Lancer Evo VIII was released, the designs for the normal Lancer Saloon came into shape, based on the looks of the Evo (ironic) Ive caught some Pictures of the Lancer and a possible design for the Evo IX. It could just be a chop by some guy but it may well be an idea for the new Evo as it looks distinctly like the Lancer. I personally dont like it, i think it takes the Evo spirit out of the car. What do you guys think?

Matt
05-08-2004, 08:07 AM
i don't think it looks that different. If it still has the same huge air intakes, the same big wing and the same hardware, I don't see how different headlights can take it out of the spirit of what it's supposed to be.

mooseTSi
05-08-2004, 08:49 AM
the headlights suck either way. that new pic just doesnt do it justice. it needs to have a lil more "flare" imo. i do like the new colt evo. that has some crazy style.

bk4uyeah
05-08-2004, 09:49 AM
i dont know, besides, the lights are the only real cahnge

Spastik_Roach
05-08-2004, 01:16 PM
What the Evo needs is a Bonnet Scoop! Forget pathetic little black mesh or whatever it is on the bonnet, a big scoop would look way meaner!

UK CARS
05-08-2004, 01:48 PM
some of the previous evo's when they were first seen looked rearly advanced, but these later models are looking less radical and more boring....look at these there getting on now, though they look cooler than the evo 7, and the evo 8.... the evo 9 should be thought on HARD.

pics... evo 4, 5, 6........compare it with the evo 8.
The lancer 8 seems to be higher, less of a wide body kit (wings etc), less vents, 17 inch 5 spoke alloys, and generally not radical enough for me...
though saying that i'd have one any day :D ;)

sandwich
05-09-2004, 09:06 AM
I think what you're seeing is the lack of flares. On the previous evos, they all had external flares, almost like a body kit. The 8 has bulges built into the car itself. I'd put money that the widths are similar if not identical. The height I've got to agree with you on. It seems as though japanese auto makers are following metropolitan architecture...build up instead of out! It gives more headroom with no work.

Lastly, while I agree that the hood scoop is mean looking, the mesh vents let hot air out instead of taking it in. The intercooler is up front instead of up top. This is good! The scoop creates drag and the vents are a more efficient design.

GrimaH
05-11-2004, 01:06 AM
I think its headlights spoil the otherwise familiarly tough look of Evos. Also, there should be more flares to make it look more striking. The body colour could do with a change too :)