PDA

View Full Version : the return of the berlinettas (made in Central America)

mordecairs
11-14-2008, 12:32 AM
HELLO EVERYBODY, WHAT WOULD YOU THINK ABOUT THE RETURN OF THE POST WAR BERLINETTAS OR COUPÈ`S, I HEARD THAT SOMEBODY IS DESIGNING THIS CARS WITH NEW TCHNOLOGIES , I HAD TO ADD THAT THEY ARE NOT REPLICAS OF OLDER CARS , THEY CALLIT THE RETURN OF THE ESSENTIAL,,,, THEY ARE BASED ON A TOYOTA K SERIES ENGINES (1.3 STARLET`S) THAT IS A COOL THING ! I hope you give YOUR OPINION ABOUT IT,,, AND OF COURSE I`M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE ONE OF THOSE!,, :D

clutch-monkey
11-14-2008, 12:42 AM
i like the 4efte engines but will these cars be light enough to remain agile?

mordecairs
11-14-2008, 12:53 AM
I ASSUME it will , of course i had a few doubts about the hp , but they will be small , that engine is for a front wheel drive starlet,, i think it will be a 4k turbo or something (i`ll do my research about it..)

cmcpokey
11-14-2008, 08:26 AM
i dig it. small, light, nimble cars. requiring driver's skill not hp to go fast.

also, please refrain from using CAPS lock.

mordecairs
11-14-2008, 10:46 AM
sorry about the caps lock, i was using it in other action when i start writing the reply!.. you are right its all in the driver skill`s , and most of the carroceria will be fiberglass so the car might as well be lighter, they will only made 10, 4 of them turbo

cmcpokey
11-14-2008, 11:41 AM
do you know the name of the company, or have any pictures?

henk4
11-14-2008, 11:47 AM
as said in the OddBall Corner Thread, the plan is to recreate the Cisitalia Berlinetta, not a bad idea, but in view of current safety requirements the car may end up twice as heavy as the original....

cmcpokey
11-14-2008, 11:49 AM
well, depending on where it is sold, safety requirements could be much less... esp if sold as a kit type deal like the caterhams.

henk4
11-14-2008, 11:55 AM
well, depending on where it is sold, safety requirements could be much less... esp if sold as a kit type deal like the caterhams.

possibly, yes. I know little or nothing about legal requirements for kit cars.

mordecairs
11-14-2008, 12:19 PM
yes the safety requierements are a good point to analize , well i`ll scan a picture to show you the drawings, it is not a company as I read,, well they said that the car would have rollcage or rollbars , and it occurs to me that the car will enter on the same spec of the caterham, and I must add that it is not a replica. I wonder where they will sell it,, us have many safety restrictions,, at least here we are not much of tight law country

mordecairs
11-14-2008, 10:16 PM
i have problem with my scanner but a I will get you the drawings... that abarth 205 a is one of my favorites

csl177
11-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Is there a link or company name available? Or can someone provide any pix of the builder's projects to date? Thanks.

mordecairs
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
i will upload this week the drawings ,!

mordecairs
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
i have failed with the info! but i recently talk with one of the designers and he will give me the details of the escale clay model and stuff so allow me a few more days!