11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
... tittys?

Am I missing something?

11-15-2008, 07:22 PM
those are some tiny exhausts...

cmcpokey
11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
those are some tiny exhausts...

chopped on there.. i would expect larger pipes in the real one.

Lets Gekiga In
11-16-2008, 04:20 PM
You don't say titties. You just say, "Wow, that car is totally tits."

whiteballz
11-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Very swish.

zeppelin
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Christ on a cracker, that is sexy. I love the new Scirocco. I want one, or even two. One in Oettinger guise, and a regular one for the winter.

f6fhellcat13
11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
The rear tire are bigger than the fronts. :confused:
This is FWD, no?
Won't big rears just cause massive understeer.
A RWD Scirocco would be interesting, kinda like the Lotus-Sunbeam RWD Hot Hatch.

LeonOfTheDead
11-17-2008, 05:59 AM
The rear tire are bigger than the fronts. :confused:
This is FWD, no?
Won't big rears just cause massive understeer.
A RWD Scirocco would be interesting, kinda like the Lotus-Sunbeam RWD Hot Hatch.

they don't seem so different from the front ones, but usually in FWD cars the tires are more likely all of the same size.
I actually don't know if bigger tires on the rear would create so much oversteer. considering the main part of the weight is on the front axle, in a lot of fwd cars the rear part tend to be too light (that's the case of the VW GTI imo) and it's a little too happy to oversteering while you are braking very close to a bend. it could improve the handling, but most likely it will put yourself into troubles if not properly controlled. so, with a little larger tire on the rear, that could be solved (together with a new suspension setup, softer rear suspensions).

Ferrer
11-17-2008, 07:51 AM
they don't seem so different from the front ones, but usually in FWD cars the tires are more likely all of the same size.
I actually don't know if bigger tires on the rear would create so much oversteer. considering the main part of the weight is on the front axle, in a lot of fwd cars the rear part tend to be too light (that's the case of the VW GTI imo) and it's a little too happy to oversteering while you are braking very close to a bend. it could improve the handling, but most likely it will put yourself into troubles if not properly controlled. so, with a little larger tire on the rear, that could be solved (together with a new suspension setup, softer rear suspensions).
I doubt they have such a tail happy problem to need wider rear tires.

And if you can't lift-off oversteer, then what's the point anyway?

DFH
11-17-2008, 10:09 AM
it looks okay not good but okay

LeonOfTheDead
11-18-2008, 04:30 AM
I doubt they have such a tail happy problem to need wider rear tires.

And if you can't lift-off oversteer, then what's the point anyway?

I don't know, I like it, but on some car it tends to be an overwhelming problem.

not that the Golf (and so the new Scirocco) suffer of a too much lift-off oversteer, but when I drove a GTI, I though that I would have liked a more stable rear end. but it was a short drive, perhaps I could change my mind if someone can borrow me another one :D

Ferrer
11-18-2008, 04:48 AM
I don't know, I like it, but on some car it tends to be an overwhelming problem.

not that the Golf (and so the new Scirocco) suffer of a too much lift-off oversteer, but when I drove a GTI, I though that I would have liked a more stable rear end. but it was a short drive, perhaps I could change my mind if someone can borrow me another one :D
Well it probably all depends and which sort of car it is.

In a hot hatch I apreciate a degree of tail out antics. In a family hatch I wouldn't (or at least not in the same level).

fisetdavid26
11-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm not a fan of tuners, but this one looks great.

cmcpokey
11-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Well it probably all depends and which sort of car it is.

In a hot hatch I apreciate a degree of tail out antics. In a family hatch I wouldn't (or at least not in the same level).

why the mini is so brilliant...

Ferrer
11-18-2008, 08:52 AM
why the mini is so brilliant...
I reckon that everytime I drive it, it reminds why is it that I like cars.

cmcpokey
11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I reckon that everytime I drive it, it reminds why is it that I like cars.

i thought you got rid of it, and just have the bimmer now.

autoxing this weekend made me miss the mini. although the G is definitely not bad.

Ferrer
11-18-2008, 09:04 AM
i thought you got rid of it, and just have the bimmer now.

autoxing this weekend made me miss the mini. although the G is definitely not bad.
Well I sold it to my aunt.

So every weekend there's some supercharged whine in the Catalan hills... :)

cmcpokey
11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
very nice... there was a dark silver/white/stripes at the autox, and he was just cooking. although he had quite a bit done to his. its sad to not be able to drive it anymore. although i am curius to see how well i think it handles afer driving the G for a couple months.