PDA

View Full Version : TC

SupraMan22
11-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Decided to drive the piss out of my Scion today for a good minute. About a half mile or so, hit 110 or 112 mph. The 0 - 60 is the pretty crazy part to me atleast. This was a start from idle, so I wasn't feathering the throttle at all, just took off like normal. Well feel free to comment :) There was no traffic, it wasn't raining, i wasn't drunk, etc. So hopefully I don't get grief. Enjoy..

2.4L 4 banger. 170hp on a 5 speed tranny and new tires. Not bad.

http://i87.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/kobey21690/Video004.flv

whiteballz
11-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Can't see the numbers. How long did it take you to 0-60?

f6fhellcat13
11-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Interesting.
Quicker than I'd have thought.

coolieman1220
11-16-2008, 05:28 PM
i'm faster! :)

it does however seem faster then the civic

cmcpokey
11-16-2008, 06:29 PM
try autox. the Tc's seem to do pretty well in their class. s generally full of cars with much lower power, and wose weight distributions.

i went today for the first time with my G. it was even better than the Mini.

SupraMan22
11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Honestly im not sure, I might run it again tonight with the lights on so the numbers are visible. Yeah they are quick cars for being as cheap as they are. And yes, im sure it could easily hang with a Civic SI. There is a Mugen SI at a dealership by my house. I want it! 32g price tag though.

Approximately 7 seconds give or take 0-60. Thats not with revving up and dumping the clutch. I took off normally.

Niko_Fx
11-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Honestly im not sure, I might run it again tonight with the lights on so the numbers are visible. Yeah they are quick cars for being as cheap as they are. And yes, im sure it could easily hang with a Civic SI. There is a Mugen SI at a dealership by my house. I want it! 32g price tag though.

Approximately 7 seconds give or take 0-60. Thats not with revving up and dumping the clutch. I took off normally.

Not to burst any bubbles, but there's a magazine that tested the Civic Si and a TRD Supercharged TC and they were exactly even, the Si being a tiny bit quicker... so a stock TC wouldn't stand a chance. Judging from the video though, it doesn't seem bad at all, def. faster than my pos Civic Lx.

SupraMan22
11-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Ran it 0-60 last night, tires were cold so I couldn't hook up for anything. Spun in 1st and 2nd, still not bad though. Hopefully this video is clearer.

As for the Si vs. TC.. If I can not beat, but hang around a SS HHR I'm pretty sure a Charged TC, at 170 hp bone stock, could take a Si with what 200 hp? I've been searching videos because it seems thats the only response people have to the Tc is how much better the Civic seems to be. Believe me if I had a close ratio 6 speed gear box instead of a loose 5 speed I'm sure work would be put on some Si ass. In reality, its cheaper and damn near as quick. Tc has more torque and close HP. Stock..

Video005.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/kobey21690/?action=view&current=Video005.flv)

DFH
11-17-2008, 10:06 AM
thats fast but my X5 is a bit faster
heheh

cmcpokey
11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
thats fast but my X5 is a bit faster
heheh

yes, but much sillier.

LTSmash
11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Sum 41, good stuff.

Ferrer
11-17-2008, 04:32 PM
yes, but much sillier.
And worse.

Niko_Fx
11-17-2008, 06:25 PM
As for the Si vs. TC.. If I can not beat, but hang around a SS HHR I'm pretty sure a Charged TC, at 170 hp bone stock, could take a Si with what 200 hp? I've been searching videos because it seems thats the only response people have to the Tc is how much better the Civic seems to be. Believe me if I had a close ratio 6 speed gear box instead of a loose 5 speed I'm sure work would be put on some Si ass. In reality, its cheaper and damn near as quick. Tc has more torque and close HP. Stock..

The thing is that the TRD Supercharger that Scion will install for you at the dealer will sit the TC on 200hp only. So a 200hp TC vs a 200hp Civic (granted it has less torque, but it also weighs less) ends up being an even race.

TC has 161hp stock btw.

LeonOfTheDead
11-18-2008, 04:36 AM
And worse.

ugly and useless. should be enough.

SupraMan22
11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
The thing is that the TRD Supercharger that Scion will install for you at the dealer will sit the TC on 200hp only. So a 200hp TC vs a 200hp Civic (granted it has less torque, but it also weighs less) ends up being an even race.

TC has 161hp stock btw.

In that case..

I know btw.
Civic Si has 197hp btw.
The Tc is 6 pounds heavier btw.

Sorry i wasn't exact.

Niko_Fx
11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
In that case..

I know btw.
Civic Si has 197hp btw.
The Tc is 6 pounds heavier btw.

Sorry i wasn't exact.

lol... no reason to get upset. I know it's 197hp, but you said 200hp to begin with, so I followed the trend. I figured I'd mention that the TC has 161 only to justify the small addition given by the supercharger, not to put you down...

The results were given by a magazine, don't get mad at me ;).

I thought the TC was heavier, I guess gearing and traction are better on the Si then? Who knows... who cares really...

SupraMan22
11-19-2008, 02:56 AM
I know i was just seeing if you were soft like some people on here and got all pissed cause i was a smart ass. haha and im sure gearing has alot to do with it. The gear box in my Tc is garbage, i wouldn't mind a short throw but its still a loose 5 speed even with that. The Si has a 6 speed, i wish i had a 6 speed :( And for some reason TRD can't make a super charger for the life of them. I know there is a supercharger our for the Tacoma X-Runner. Which is a truck my brother has, same engine as my old 06 Solara. I think its like 250hp?, 6 speed tranny, and a tuned suspension. He has a couple add ons K&N cold air blah blah and with the TRD charger his truck would only hit 300 to the wheels. Now what kind of jerk offs, planting like a 3g price tag, can't make a supercharger that actually gives you a little something. I believe it was only about 7lb of boost too, same as the Tc i believe.. Worthless if you ask me. I'm thinking about getting a new Tc and doing some stuff to it so we will see what i can come up with later into next year.

It just depends on who drives what too, i hung with a HHR SS, basically in the same class hp wise as the Si and TRD Tc.

CamNismo
11-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Decided to drive the piss out of my Scion today for a good minute. About a half mile or so, hit 110 or 112 mph. The 0 - 60 is the pretty crazy part to me atleast. This was a start from idle, so I wasn't feathering the throttle at all, just took off like normal. Well feel free to comment :) There was no traffic, it wasn't raining, i wasn't drunk, etc. So hopefully I don't get grief. Enjoy..

2.4L 4 banger. 170hp on a 5 speed tranny and new tires. Not bad.

http://i87.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/kobey21690/Video004.flv

Last Month I got to ride in the back of a friends Scion Tc, and I have never been in one before, and I was amazed at how smooth the shifting was. We didn't go flying down the interstate or anything like I would have liked, but from a dead stop, and shifting through all the gears was really smooth, and there was almost no head bobble in between shifts. I like the look of the car, and it is the Only Scion I would consider owning...

I was just wondering if your Tc shifts smooth, maybe its just me, but the transmission impressed me...

SupraMan22
11-20-2008, 09:44 AM
It depends.. Either your friend has a soft foot or he can just drive his car well. I can drive my car with out it jerking yeah but when im red lining gears i'd say it jerks pretty bad. 1st and 2nd are the worst, when i have it to the floor in first of course it jerks, and shifting into second hard and holding the wheel straight is a nightmare.

You can almost drive and manual smooth if you keep the rpm's low enough..

CamNismo
11-20-2008, 09:55 AM
It depends.. Either your friend has a soft foot or he can just drive his car well. I can drive my car with out it jerking yeah but when im red lining gears i'd say it jerks pretty bad. 1st and 2nd are the worst, when i have it to the floor in first of course it jerks, and shifting into second hard and holding the wheel straight is a nightmare.

You can almost drive and manual smooth if you keep the rpm's low enough..

The only time we really accelerated and went through all the gears at high rpm's was when we got onto the interstate, and then we only went like 75mph or something, but even then the car felt smooth through the gears. But I know what your talking about, and if we did go from a dead stop and just run-the-hell out of it, Im sure all the shifts wouldn't be as smooth...other than the interstate, it was just everyday commom driving, but still, the car is not bad at all...