PDA

View Full Version : Miami Auto Show '09

Niko_Fx
11-17-2008, 06:09 AM
So I decided to go this year to actually sit on cars and give them a thorough look instead of just going to the exotics' section to snap photos. A few things that I'd like to mention, feel free to comment:

- Lancer EVO X seats, very racy, cool, etc.. but extremely hard and uncomfortable, I couldn't imagine myself having one as a daily driver.

- Subaru STI... Aside from the power/handling, where are the US $36,000 (before taxes)? Very plain and simple, a true racer without a doubt, but not worth that much!

- The new Mazda 6 is nothing special.

- Seems like every single car (except for Volvo) is competing to see who has the most buttons on the dash/steering wheel. The Honda Accord seemed particularly crazy with 10 buttons on the friggin steering wheel.

- The Charger and the Camaro are humongous, they make a Mustang look like a Lotus Elise.... not sure if I like that.

- Everything in the Nissan line has "start engine" buttons, ipod connectivity, button-invaded steering wheels, heated seats, etc etc.. except for the 350Z, which makes me want it even more reminding me that it is a representation a modern Japanese Muscle without fancy gadgets.

- The new front of Acura models is disgusting, the cars seemed incredibly nice inside, but the front silver plates are just plain ugly, not cool Acura!

- First time I ever see a Veyron, Enzo, and Spykers (they've never featured them before in Miami). I almost bought the Enzo, but I didn't have $750,000 lying around... + paddle shifts are boring.

- Volvos have the worst interiors ever.

- New, fully equipped Honda Fit for msrp US $18,000?? Did Honda smoke an EggRoll?? You gotta be kidding me.

Other than that, the show was alright. I wish they would make it as big as Detroit, NY, LA, etc.. There's certainly enough money in Florida to make a bigger statement.

Oh, and Scion had a killer display and giving away a bunch of free stuff... Seems like they're desperately seeking for sales (attached pic #5)

henk4
11-17-2008, 06:48 AM
why did you not put your wife in front of the SLR, that would give at least something interesting to see in pic 1....

Niko_Fx
11-17-2008, 07:11 AM
why did you not put your wife in front of the SLR, that would give at least something interesting to see in pic 1....

lol....:)

Ferrer
11-17-2008, 07:39 AM
- Subaru STI... Aside from the power/handling, where are the US $36,000 (before taxes)?
In the power and handling? :)

COR Photog
01-03-2009, 06:06 PM
nice pics

baddabang
01-08-2009, 10:20 PM
- First time I ever see a Veyron, Enzo, and Spykers (they've never featured them before in Miami). I almost bought the Enzo, but I didn't have $750,000 lying around... + paddle shifts are boring.

Dude you should have called! I have that in pocket change.

- New, fully equipped Honda Fit for msrp US $18,000?? Did Honda smoke an EggRoll?? You gotta be kidding me.

Good point. There are far better alternatives for $18,000 considering a Civic Si starts at $21,000. What exactly does fully equipped get you in a Fit?

Does the Scion display remind anyone of this?
http://www.racegrooves.com/hb/fea/JammersCases/JammersMatchboxVintageSuperfast.jpg

Niko_Fx
01-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Dude you should have called! I have that in pocket change.

Good point. There are far better alternatives for $18,000 considering a Civic Si starts at $21,000. What exactly does fully equipped get you in a Fit?
/JammersMatchboxVintageSuperfast.jpg[/IMG]
You know, stuff on the steering wheel to adjust the radio, mp3 ready, cruise control, moonroof, navigation system, etc. Still way too much for that car.