PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin DB9

Mustang
05-10-2004, 12:11 PM
After watching Top Gear last night it made me realize how much better the Db9 is than just about any other car that is bring made, i mean if i was Jeremy Clarkson rite now i would be so pissed at myself :mad: becasue he has just got the order for his ford Gt saying that he can have one, that is going to cost him £95,000. he could have had the DB9 for a measly £8,000 more (not alot more to him). he rated the car cooler than the GT aswell last night.

Anyway what i made this thread for was to ask if any of you nice UCP folks out there have got any good pics of the DB9 in other colours than the silver ones that you can get off every site easilly. i would really like to see some red ones as i have seem other on a site but they were very small pics.

Oh you know what would be nice.. if any of you fellows have got any small movies of it yet :D :)

UK CARS
05-10-2004, 12:20 PM
here is the DB9 pics...some red like you wanted! (http://www.supercarfrance.com/VDB9.htm)

UK CARS
05-10-2004, 12:26 PM
well top gear.......mainly jeremy, rearly got me to want the db9 even more ....that roaring v12...the modern a.m inteior,(did you see that wood on the door)..i was thinking also why isnt he buyng the aston! :confused: he thought it was the best car in the world(for sale) along with vanquish and amv8. (i think he just said that to prove he's proud to be british).. :D

digitalcraft
05-10-2004, 12:27 PM
What makes this car so cool?

UK CARS
05-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Shut up!

Mustang
05-10-2004, 12:31 PM
well top gear.......mainly jeremy, rearly got me to want the db9 even more ....that roaring v12...the modern a.m inteior,(did you see that wood on the door)..i was thinking also why isnt he buyng the aston! :confused: he thought it was the best car in the world(for sale) along with vanquish and amv8. (i think he just said that to prove he's proud to be british).. :D

thanks alot UK CARS, i thaught that he might be saying that because he was british but then again look at the car it is so amazing. when he had his Slk55 AMG he said that was the best car in the world, notice how he has never said that about the GT :eek: i really think that he means it this time.

jones.dk
05-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Shut up!

:D :cool: :p ;) :rolleyes:

Mustang
05-10-2004, 12:33 PM

ARRGGGGHHHH you dont deserve to live if you dont think that this car is nothing special.

ok that might have been going a bit over the top but that car is soo good :D

jones.dk
05-10-2004, 12:37 PM
ARRGGGGHHHH you dont deserve to live if you dont think that this car is nothing special.

ok that might have been going a bit over the top but that car is soo good :D

Yeahh!! :cool:

Everything is just perfest; The Engine tone, the Interior styling, the exterior design, the bagde (i love aston) and the whole spirit of the car.... and it makes the car ever better that its a Dane (Henrik Fisker) who has designed it! (im a Dane)

UK CARS
05-10-2004, 12:38 PM
thanks alot UK CARS, i thaught that he might be saying that because he was british but then again look at the car it is so amazing. when he had his Slk55 AMG he said that was the best car in the world, notice how he has never said that about the GT :eek: i really think that he means it this time.

well im still looking foward to seeing his ford gt....on top gear!
but i just wish he thought twice and bought the db9...im sure he thinkd that too :rolleyes:

Rijoh
05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
I really love the DB9, but it doesn't look as sexy as the Vanquish

jones.dk
05-10-2004, 12:50 PM
yeah... i think the Vanquish is the most sexy too, because it looks so powerfull. i think the DB9 looks more beautiful and elegant than the vanq...

Cotterik
05-10-2004, 12:53 PM
ok....this is a revolution for me.. I might actually like a car as much as the Evo ( on par with it atleast ) This is probably the most beautiful car i have ever seen, maybe even better looking than the vanquish; its more english and sophisticated but still a high performance car. I would choose it over the Ford GT any day but i wont be surprised if Jeremy Clarkson end up with both :p I envy him :mad: Im proud 2 be british :D Aston Martin, as Clarkson said, are building the three best cars in the world; the Vanquish, the DB9 and the v8 vantage.. and theyr all british :cool:

Coventrysucks
05-10-2004, 01:10 PM
I really love the DB9, but it doesn't look as sexy as the Vanquish

Looks aren't everything.

The retuned engine, better gearbox, nicer interior (where you spend most of your time with a car, unless you spend the rest of the time standing next to it), better handling.

Its not as if its ugly or something.

Jeremy said it himself, it is better than the Vanquish.
:)

Mustang
05-10-2004, 01:25 PM
ok....this is a revolution for me.. I might actually like a car as much as the Evo ( on par with it atleast ) This is probably the most beautiful car i have ever seen, maybe even better looking than the vanquish; its more english and sophisticated but still a high performance car. I would choose it over the Ford GT any day but i wont be surprised if Jeremy Clarkson end up with both :p I envy him :mad: Im proud 2 be british :D Aston Martin, as Clarkson said, are building the three best cars in the world; the Vanquish, the DB9 and the v8 vantage.. and theyr all british :cool:

i 100% agree with you, the only toher car that i like as much i sthe Koenigsegg, nothing else comes close at the moment :D

Matra et Alpine
05-10-2004, 02:07 PM
OK, so this guys asks why it's cool.

Is it cool just because Clarkson is enthusing about it ?

I like Top gear and especially Clarkson but he - by his OWN admission - knows NOTHING about the technical side of cars.

He's not a particularly good driver either.

But he IS a fantastic presenter, because he says what HE likes and why.
THAT doesn't make it right or better.

So rather than fawning over JCs love for it, a reasoned response to digitalcraft might have been in order. Especilly as most folks on UCP won't get the chance to see the TG episode till it's captured and on bittorrent :)

To summarise, digitalcraft, it is an improved gearbox over the Vanquish. It has a superb sound, fantastic performance and OK fuel consumption. The interior looks to be an excellent cross of old British wood and leather and new anodised aluminium. The burnished, dull look to the wood made it a winner in my mind. The lines of the car are the epitome of the British GT history.

Cotterik
05-10-2004, 02:08 PM
ps. is it just me or does the rear-side of this car look like a bit like the Bentley Continental GT?? Maybe im jus seein things...

cp01ae
05-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Not being British or from the UK or anything, just who is this Clarkson chap?

Mustang
05-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Looks aren't everything.

The retuned engine, better gearbox, nicer interior (where you spend most of your time with a car, unless you spend the rest of the time standing next to it), better handling.

Its not as if its ugly or something.

Jeremy said it himself, it is better than the Vanquish.

true that looks arent everything but you want something that looks good for that sort of money, it also has got a great interior and amazing engine/sound. from what i have seen of it, it also looks like it has great handling too.

When i go down to the goodwood festival of speed in June i am going to try and go to the local Aston Martin dealership and see if they will give me a tour, ill even take a few pics for you fellow UCP members whilst i am there if i get to go.

Mustang
05-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Not being British or from the UK or anything, just who is this Clarkson chap?

he is the main presentor of prob the best motoring show in the UK (for standard cars not race cars)

Coventrysucks
05-10-2004, 03:25 PM
true that looks arent everything but you want something that looks good for that sort of money

So you think it doesn't look good? :confused:

Mustang
05-10-2004, 03:30 PM
So you think it doesn't look good? :confused:

NO that isnt what i said i think that it looks great, im just saying that looks arent all that you want on a car like that

cp01ae
05-10-2004, 03:37 PM
he is the main presentor of prob the best motoring show in the UK (for standard cars not race cars)

Ah, I'm guessing you mean Top Gear, I have heard of that.

Coventrysucks
05-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Is it cool just because Clarkson is enthusing about it ?

Ok, so he doesn't know much about the technical side of cars, and he isn't a great driver either, but you seem to dismiss his experience.

Ever since I can remember, Jeremy Clarkson has been road testing cars, it is what he does for a living.

Do you think that after all that time, and the hundreds, maybe thousands of different cars he has driven, he is unqualifyed to tell if it is good or not?

I trust his opinion more than that C*** Tom Ford who reviewed it for Fifth Gear, and managed to come up with something along the lines of "Its a new Aston, Its good, look at my fluffy hair".

He is like me, a natural born critic, if something is not good enough, he will tell you. Therefore, if he has nothing bad to say about the car, then it must be good.

Matra et Alpine
05-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Ok, so he doesn't know much about the technical side of cars, and he isn't a great driver either, but you seem to dismiss his experience.
No I don't.
He is a VERY experience journalist.
But like theatre critics, they are only so good at what they do and sometimes need to be taken with a pinch of salt.
In recent years he has created this image he now plays to the fore of being the arrogant outspoken critic/lover. I think he's great for it, but I wanted to make sure we jsut added a bit of realism and balance ot all the gushing :)

Do you think that after all that time, and the hundreds, maybe thousands of different cars he has driven, he is unqualifyed to tell if it is good or not?
I'll leave that to his own comments on the "BBC2 40th" show.
He admitted he slated 3 different cars, they went on to be best selling British car, best selling European car and best selling world car. On car he enthused about and said it was the best he'd ever driven and everyoen should get one went on to sell 6. This was the Alpien A610, which *I* own :)
He is first and foremost now a personality and a joirnalist.
He does and presents what will get him attention, noticed and income.

I trust his opinion more than that C*** Tom Ford
That's like saying you trust Blair more than Bush :)

He is like me, a natural born critic, if something is not good enough, he will tell you. Therefore, if he has nothing bad to say about the car, then it must be good.
Or he doesn't know or experience the difference.
He is taken with the ability of a car to get it 'dramatic' and less so with cars that behave and don't oversteer. The latter become negatively marked as dull etc.
Funny the article on the Rover -- the Deronda designer has had EXACTLY the same view. Top Gear aren't getting a car until HE is ready for them to have it. They've been trying to get a prototype since the Autosport show and he's been refusing. HIS quote "you can just imagine what Jeremy would say if a switch wasn't right or the handling wasn't perfect. He doesn't know what a prototype means and he's not getting a car till we're ready. "

If you review stuff I've posted, it's clear I love the show, the format AND JC.
But I'm not sycophantic enough to believe everything he says is gospel and not guided by a adesire for ratings and money :)

digitalcraft
05-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Haha, no I wasn't trying to insult it, I was just wondering if you could tell me some of the things about it that make it so cool. If you saw it on top gear, I'd think that they would have said some stuff about it's utter coolness, and I was just hoping you might tell me, I want to know! I like Aston Martins a lot and I would like to know more about the DB7 :P