PDA

View Full Version : Honda/Acura NSX Replacement Canceled

NSXType-R
12-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Carpocalypse Now: Acura NSX Canceled Due To Carpocalypse (http://jalopnik.com/5112059/acura-nsx-canceled-due-to-carpocalypse)

Yeah, Jalopnik is reporting that it's canceled. Makes perfect sense financially. And it wasn't going to be mid engined anyway. So, yeah, I guess somewhere in the future we'll get a better one, I hope.

Ferrer
12-17-2008, 07:30 AM
That's good news.

RacingManiac
12-17-2008, 08:56 AM
No F1 probably kills the marketing aspect of it too....

I'd also imagine the overhead for a Halo car is pretty high, considering it needs its own plant and the less automated manufacturing method...

Despite the non-mid-engine layout and what not I think it could have been a pretty amazing car, considering the recent high-performance offering from them(JDM Civic Type R, NSX-R, etc), all cars with very good fundemental traits to achieve good performance..

Quiggs
12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Honda cancels development of V10-powered NSX successor - MotorAuthority - Car news, reviews, spy shots (http://www.motorauthority.com/honda-cancels-development-of-v10-powered-nsx-successor.html)

Buh bye. They ruined the formula anyway.

NSXType-R
12-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I wonder, does that mean the V8 said to be in the works is in danger as well?

digitalcraft
12-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Funny, I don't feel sad.

Maybe if it had been an actual NSX successor I'd be more emotional.

f6fhellcat13
12-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Yes! They killed it! Yay

Niko_Fx
12-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh well....

blingbling
12-18-2008, 09:27 AM
i guess young jeezy meant it when he said yeah the recession on the way

The_Canuck
12-18-2008, 01:38 PM
What the hell do you mean yay? Now were stuck with shit like the new TL for the forseeable future.

Ferrer
12-18-2008, 03:09 PM
What the hell do you mean yay? Now were stuck with shit like the new TL for the forseeable future.
As if this was going to be any good.

And anyway only you have the TL.

f6fhellcat13
12-18-2008, 03:39 PM

It's better that they cancelled it rather than bringing down the NSX's name.

The_Canuck
12-18-2008, 04:27 PM
As if this was going to be any good.

And anyway only you have the TL.

Of course, just because we knew it was front engined, we knew it was going to suck.

And god forbid we soil a name...like that hasn't happened, OVER AND OVER AND OVER in the automotive world recently.

f6fhellcat13
12-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Of course, just because we knew it was front engined, we knew it was going to suck.
... and 4WD, and luxurious, and heavy, and ugly etc...

And god forbid we soil a name...like that hasn't happened, OVER AND OVER AND OVER in the automotive world recently.
Thta's no excuse for letting good names go.
Let me give you an analogy: If one of your legs gets cut off, do you cut off the other one just because the other onegot cut off?

The_Canuck
12-18-2008, 04:39 PM

Thta's no excuse for letting good names go.
Let me give you an analogy: If one of your legs gets cut off, do you cut off the other one just because the other onegot cut off?

If you deem a name as important as your limbs you're a fool. ;)

f6fhellcat13
12-18-2008, 04:48 PM
I may be a fool, but you are a foolish fool, fool. :p
Mundanity doesn't work well in analogies.
If they'd have called it the Acura XYZ-123, I wouldn't have minded it so much.

blingbling
12-18-2008, 05:05 PM
theres nothing wrong with the TL, not for us "drivers" but for most people

plus it makes honda's acura division a crap load of money

clutch-monkey
12-18-2008, 10:30 PM
good, they can make another integra then rather than pretending to be working on an nsx

Ferrer
12-19-2008, 06:06 AM
It wasn't for that. It was for this:

If they'd have called it the Acura XYZ-123, I wouldn't have minded it so much.
I still don't think the world needs another overweight, computerized sportscar, regardless of the name.

kennyknoxville
04-10-2009, 10:05 AM
i heard theyre scrapping that nasty coupe prototype that i cant stand. if thats the case, i hope they make another MR

bruxell
04-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I think they're scrapping the whole idea of replacing the NSX in favor of further hybrid/small-car development. It's also why they dropped out of F1, and scrapped the S2000 replacement. So the new NSX is officially... the Insight.

Ferrer
04-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Anyway, that big, heavy, four wheel drive, front engined coupe wouldn't have been very NSXish.

Niko_Fx
04-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Merged threads.

NSXType-R
04-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Seriously, they cut the NSX replacement and turned out the POS ZDX? The NSX replacement was supposed to be that close to being production ready. Man, I'll miss the S2000 when its gone. I think Honda has lost its way since Mr. Honda's passing.

Ferrer
04-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Seriously, they cut the NSX replacement and turned out the POS ZDX? The NSX replacement was supposed to be that close to being production ready. Man, I'll miss the S2000 when its gone. I think Honda has lost its way since Mr. Honda's passing.
It's the same everyone is doing. Like BMW for instance making the X6M instead of the M3 CSL.

NSXType-R
04-11-2009, 10:49 AM
It's the same everyone is doing. Like BMW for instance making the X6M instead of the M3 CSL.

True, but that really annoys the crap out of me.

cargirl1990
04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
yes! They killed it! Yay

thank goodness someone hates the car as much as i do. Some people call it a supercar. One of the worst supercars at that.

f6fhellcat13
04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
thank goodness someone hates the car as much as i do. Some people call it a supercar. One of the worst supercars at that.

You misunderstand me.
I love the original NSX, just not the bloated thing it would have become.

GQ'
04-28-2009, 02:45 PM
You guys may say:

too heavy
too luxurious
too this
too that

I WOULD KILL FOR A V10 VTEC MADE MY HONDA! DID YOU HEAR THAT BEAST ON THE SPYVIDEO?!!?!??!

ARE YOU KIDDIN ME????
Too heavy? GUT IT
Too luxurious? STRIP IT
and guess what; you made ur Type R

stick to daewoo!

NSXType-R
04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Or, to be more correct, Fiset's Daewoo. I mean Chevy.

clutch-monkey
04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
You guys may say:

too heavy
too luxurious
too this
too that

I WOULD KILL FOR A V10 VTEC MADE MY HONDA! DID YOU HEAR THAT BEAST ON THE SPYVIDEO?!!?!??!

ARE YOU KIDDIN ME????
Too heavy? GUT IT
Too luxurious? STRIP IT
and guess what; you made ur Type R

shouldn't have to... it's an nsx for christ's sake
the fact they thought it needed a V10 was enough warning..

NSXType-R
04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
shouldn't have to... it's an nsx for christ's sake
the fact they thought it needed a V10 was enough warning..

Not necessarily. I'd be happy if it was 3,000 lbs, with a V-10 and all fluids.

clutch-monkey
04-28-2009, 08:08 PM
the last NSX made the most of it's horsepower (well..the good ones did), if it was 3000lbs it doesn't need a V10.
when they gave it a V10 you knew it was going to be big and heavy.

cargirl1990
04-28-2009, 10:46 PM
just goes to show that Honda can't make a super car and Nissan CAN.

f6fhellcat13
04-28-2009, 10:53 PM

You haven't taken your lithium, have you?

LeonOfTheDead
04-29-2009, 05:58 AM

sometimes they come back...
This just show that Nissan decided to produce the GT-R (which isn't a super car, if such a definition will ever exist), while Honda decided to not produce their contenders.
It doesn't mean someone is capable and the other not.
Nissan could have designed the GT-R to be the best thing you will ever imagine, with huge developing and production costs, but to make you pay it a tenth of the real value, just as Porsche did for example, or even Bugatti. That's my opinion.
Does this make Nissan a better brand? No, and it wouldn't even if the car was for free. It's a misleading ad, like saying it has 480 bhp instead of 550 or whatever it really is, I don't care.
But am I going to purchase a Nissan just because of the GT-R? No way. I'm going to consider say the Insight? Not for me surely, but perhaps it could be a good choice for my mother considering her necessities.

You haven't taken your lithium, have you?

thanks for helping dude. :)

kennyknoxville
04-29-2009, 08:27 AM
they call the ferrari the italian nsx

cargirl1990
04-29-2009, 10:06 AM
sometimes they come back...
This just show that Nissan decided to produce the GT-R (which isn't a super car, if such a definition will ever exist), while Honda decided to not produce their contenders.
It doesn't mean someone is capable and the other not.
Nissan could have designed the GT-R to be the best thing you will ever imagine, with huge developing and production costs, but to make you pay it a tenth of the real value, just as Porsche did for example, or even Bugatti. That's my opinion.
Does this make Nissan a better brand? No, and it wouldn't even if the car was for free. It's a misleading ad, like saying it has 480 bhp instead of 550 or whatever it really is, I don't care.
But am I going to purchase a Nissan just because of the GT-R? No way. I'm going to consider say the Insight? Not for me surely, but perhaps it could be a good choice for my mother considering her necessities.

thanks for helping dude. :)

I used to have respect for Toyota and Honda as they did have really good sports cars. But now, their so conservative and are only thinking of manufacturing cars for city driving or fuel economy, etc. etc. If they brought back the Supra, my whole out look on Toyota would totally change.

LeonOfTheDead
04-29-2009, 11:19 AM
I used to have respect for Toyota and Honda as they did have really good sports cars. But now, their so conservative and are only thinking of manufacturing cars for city driving or fuel economy, etc. etc. If they brought back the Supra, my whole out look on Toyota would totally change.

that's the point, how can you seriously judge a brand because it's doing the right thing.
I like sports cars, but I'm not going to condemn Toyota as you did just because it didn't replace the Supra.
That's simply pointless. I would have considered that if they used to produced only sports cars and then turned to city cars, but afaik, it has always been mostly the other way out.

Ferrer
04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
that's the point, how can you seriously judge a brand because it's doing the right thing.
I like sports cars, but I'm not going to condemn Toyota as you did just because it didn't replace the Supra.
That's simply pointless. I would have considered that if they used to produced only sports cars and then turned to city cars, but afaik, it has always been mostly the other way out.
There are many car companies not doing the right thing (I wouldn't count Toyota as one of them).

There's not much we can do though.

NSXType-R
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
the last NSX made the most of it's horsepower (well..the good ones did), if it was 3000lbs it doesn't need a V10.
when they gave it a V10 you knew it was going to be big and heavy.

True, but imagine the BMW V10 in something way lighter, good looking, and mid engine? Would you turn that down? Now stick Honda badges on that. How could you turn that down?

Technically, Toyota never really dropped the Supra. The LF-A concept, for over 4 years now is really the Supra. When they will release it, no one knows. :D

LTSmash
04-29-2009, 03:38 PM

Can we condemn Porsche then?

LeonOfTheDead
04-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Can we condemn Porsche then?

that was the subtle point ;)

Kitdy
04-29-2009, 05:37 PM
But look at what Porsche does wrong, and then look at what it does right - the base model 911s are fabulous as are the GT3 and GT2 - hell, even the Turbo.

NSXType-R
04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
But look at what Porsche does wrong, and then look at what it does right - the base model 911s are fabulous as are the GT3 and GT2 - hell, even the Turbo.

Plus, they gave us a supposedly great sports sedan too.

LTSmash
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
But look at what Porsche does wrong, and then look at what it does right

That is my point.

clutch-monkey
04-29-2009, 07:05 PM
I used to have respect for Toyota and Honda as they did have really good sports cars. But now, their so conservative and are only thinking of manufacturing cars for city driving or fuel economy, etc. etc.

holy shit, how reckless of them to ignore performance vehicles with the current economic climate.

True, but imagine the BMW V10 in something way lighter, good looking, and mid engine? Would you turn that down? Now stick Honda badges on that. How could you turn that down?

pretty easily, it's got a BMW V10 weighing it down :D

Kitdy
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM

I haven';t read any reviews but the fact that it's Porsche means that the Panamera is probably a good car. Shame about that ass though.

No less, I hope it kicks ass.

Then again, I, like Leon and Ferrer are drawn to another of UCP's cars (along with Miata and Legacy) the Quattroporte.

I think that UCP should award some so rt of award to the best cars in our eyes and those there should be the first inducted. A UCP hall of fame as determined by vote? I was joking earlier but now I'm half serious...

Ferrer
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
I haven';t read any reviews but the fact that it's Porsche means that the Panamera is probably a good car. Shame about that ass though.

Then again, I, like Leon and Ferrer are drawn to another of UCP's cars (along with Miata and Legacy) the Quattroporte.

I think that UCP should award some so rt of award to the best cars in our eyes and those there should be the first inducted. A UCP hall of fame as determined by vote? I was joking earlier but now I'm half serious...
But that's because you buy a Panamera because it goes well. And you buy a Quattroporte because it makes you feel well. Subtle but important difference.

The awards could be a good idea.

LTSmash
04-30-2009, 04:20 AM
But that's because you buy a Panamera because it goes well. And you buy a Quattroporte because it makes you feel well. Subtle but important difference.

Now if we could only combine the two. Think of the power such a car would harness. It would rip a hole through the universe entering an alternate spacial dimension… the 4th dimension.

...Figuratively speaking.

LeonOfTheDead
04-30-2009, 04:45 AM

I actually dislike the 911 in its base forms. It's boring too look at and to own, it's everywhere and no one use it even remotely seriously. Still they claim the uber Porsche handling and track abilities.

and uber ugly, but that's personal. I know you like it and it's fair enough.

Now if we could only combine the two. Think of the power such a car would harness. It would rip a hole through the universe entering an alternate spacial dimension… the 4th dimension.

The Quattroporte already proved to be a hell of track sedan, beating an M5 E60 on the lap time at Bedford, back in the days when there was just the "Sport GT" trim level with stiffed up suspensions.
Now wonder what a "Sport GT-S" could do. I don't need a Panamera Turbo S Iron Man Edition, seriously.

NSXType-R
04-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I actually dislike the 911 in its base forms. It's boring too look at and to own, it's everywhere and no one use it even remotely seriously. Still they claim the uber Porsche handling and track abilities.

and uber ugly, but that's personal. I know you like it and it's fair enough.

The Quattroporte already proved to be a hell of track sedan, beating an M5 E60 on the lap time at Bedford, back in the days when there was just the "Sport GT" trim level with stiffed up suspensions.
Now wonder what a "Sport GT-S" could do. I don't need a Panamera Turbo S Iron Man Edition, seriously.

Yeah, I know you like the Mantide thingy. I don't but that's fair enough too. :D

Just like the BMW X6, the Porsche Panerama might look like crap to some people. But it definitely will drive well.

Ferrer
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM

Do you think that's actually possible?

Damn! I actually like bad cars... :o

Kitdy
04-30-2009, 02:53 PM

The awards could be a good idea.

I was thinking a hall of fame system where more than 50% of the vote was needed to qualify, say 75% or something to get into the UCP hall of fame and any car can be nominated.

LeonOfTheDead
04-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I know you like the Mantide thingy. I don't but that's fair enough too. :D

Just like the BMW X6, the Porsche Panerama might look like crap to some people. But it definitely will drive well.

They surely will. but, for as regards the X6, wonder how better it could drive if it was this much less pointless though.
The PanAm isn't nothing out of the world. If Porsche was doing a sedan since the time Maserati was doing the Quattroporte, I would be fine and a lot of other people too.

My argument with Porsche is:
- Cayenne
- Cayenne Diesel
- VW engines, chassis'
- the same old looking and almost boring 911 since 40 years. I don't care if it's faster, more frugal, more efficient and so on. Its nothing interesting.
I'm starting to be bored even by the GT3RS too.

Hybrids make more sense to me.

NSXType-R
04-30-2009, 02:59 PM

Well yeah, I hope it does well too. Seems like a nice alternative to an Audi S8, or a Quattroporte.

holy shit, how reckless of them to ignore performance vehicles with the current economic climate.

pretty easily, it's got a BMW V10 weighing it down :D

Yeah, make it a Honda right?

They surely will. but, for as regards the X6, wonder how better it could drive if it was this much less pointless though.
The PanAm isn't nothing out of the world. If Porsche was doing a sedan since the time Maserati was doing the Quattroporte, I would be fine and a lot of other people too.

My argument with Porsche is:
- Cayenne
- Cayenne Diesel
- VW engines, chassis'
- the same old looking and almost boring 911 since 40 years. I don't care if it's faster, more frugal, more efficient and so on. Its nothing interesting.

Hybrids make more sense to me.

Well to be fair, there is the Cayenne Hybrid, but I don't think you're looking for that right?

Did you forget about the Cayman and Boxster? Maybe hairdresser cars to some people, but they're one hell of a fast hairdresser. I especially like the Cayman.

The 911 is a 911 because it's rear engined and has that flat 6. If you wanted a Corvette with a V8, you'd get that instead.

clutch-monkey
04-30-2009, 03:10 PM

:eek:
drive one.
my beef is that there's no hi-po cayman yet. it's so boring as is. i've only driven two and the APR one was so much better.

Yeah, make it a Honda right?

sure. but a V8 would be more interesting, and all it should need.

LeonOfTheDead
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Well to be fair, there is the Cayenne Hybrid, but I don't think you're looking for that right?

Did you forget about the Cayman and Boxster? Maybe hairdresser cars to some people, but they're one hell of a fast hairdresser. I especially like the Cayman.

The 911 is a 911 because it's rear engined and has that flat 6. If you wanted a Corvette with a V8, you'd get that instead.

Cayenne Hybrid: I prefer it to the Diesel, but I would never consider it. The Panamera Hybrid makes more sense.

Cayman and Boxter: too little, generally. They are fast, but I feel like the project is underdeveloped/underexplored due to its success. It could have been a much lighter and even faster car, while it's "just" a smaller 911.

911: I didn't mean I want it like other cars, but more evolving and even original. The car became just a copy of itself.

Like a Golf: it's exactly like a Megane, a Bravo or an Astra.
But while the contenders try different solutions, styles, approaches to the car, VW always did just one thing: refreshing.
I'm not a supporter of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", it just kills the evolution an the creativity.

Ferrari could have designed all its cars after the 250 GTO, but they decided to change over the years. I don't care if the result isn't as good as the original, at least they tried.
Lamborghini on the other hand is carrying on the Countach idea since too much time, and while I liked the Diablo and "tolerated" it as a worth evolution of the Countach, the Murcielago, especially the mk1, never intrigued me.
I'm also getting sick, despite liking it, of AM style, inside out.
The One-77 is a good start for something new, despite being still so remarkably similar to the others, but the Rapide is deluding me everytime I look at it trying to like it.

So...I want more, I want changes, evolutions, tentatives, experiments...not just the old safe way. that's why I don't like the 911 anymore, among other stuff (Audi?!).

Ferrer
04-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I was thinking a hall of fame system where more than 50% of the vote was needed to qualify, say 75% or something to get into the UCP hall of fame and any car can be nominated.
It could be interesting indeed.

Kitdy
04-30-2009, 03:35 PM
It could be interesting indeed.

Heh, or jokingly a KFL hall of fame where we either vote or it must be unanimous. Try finding three cars we agree on!

Ferrer
04-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Heh, or jokingly a KFL hall of fame where we either vote or it must be unanimous. Try finding three cars we agree on!
Impossible.

LeonOfTheDead
04-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Impossible.

Maserati Quattroporte.

What did I win?

Ferrer
04-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Maserati Quattroporte.

What did I win?
There's a rule which says that any car Kitdy likes I don't and viceversa.

And by the way, the 599 GTB is arguably an evolution of the 250 GTO.

NSXType-R
04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Cayenne Hybrid: I prefer it to the Diesel, but I would never consider it. The Panamera Hybrid makes more sense.

Cayman and Boxter: too little, generally. They are fast, but I feel like the project is underdeveloped/underexplored due to its success. It could have been a much lighter and even faster car, while it's "just" a smaller 911.

911: I didn't mean I want it like other cars, but more evolving and even original. The car became just a copy of itself.

Like a Golf: it's exactly like a Megane, a Bravo or an Astra.
But while the contenders try different solutions, styles, approaches to the car, VW always did just one thing: refreshing.
I'm not a supporter of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", it just kills the evolution an the creativity.

Ferrari could have designed all its cars after the 250 GTO, but they decided to change over the years. I don't care if the result isn't as good as the original, at least they tried.
Lamborghini on the other hand is carrying on the Countach idea since too much time, and while I liked the Diablo and "tolerated" it as a worth evolution of the Countach, the Murcielago, especially the mk1, never intrigued me.
I'm also getting sick, despite liking it, of AM style, inside out.
The One-77 is a good start for something new, despite being still so remarkably similar to the others, but the Rapide is deluding me everytime I look at it trying to like it.

So...I want more, I want changes, evolutions, tentatives, experiments...not just the old safe way. that's why I don't like the 911 anymore, among other stuff (Audi?!).

They are good points there. But if you want to argue, the Corvette hasn't changed much either. There's still a massive V8 in a relatively light shell. But it has evolved- it picked up an advanced 4WD system from the 959, applied to the Carrera 4S and the Turbo, and it got variable geometry turbos from who knows where. Then there's the direct injection and the Porsche Doppleganger-thingy transmission. It's far from a copy. It stays on the blueprint, but nearly everything's different. Then there's the air cooled to water cooled issue too. :D

Here's two- Subaru Legacy and Honda S2000. I'm not sure about the third. Maybe Audi R8?

LeonOfTheDead
04-30-2009, 04:21 PM

And by the way, the 599 GTB is arguably an evolution of the 250 GTO.

The Quattroporte is THE car of the KFL team, we all like it.

About the 599 GTB, it's more of a modern 365 GTB/4 Daytona, but there is something of the 250 GTO too, I'm aware of it. But it's something I can still tolerate (;)) with the other followers being all "unique".

Kitdy
04-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Impossible.

Maserati Quattroporte.

What did I win?

Bingo Quattroporte.

F355? Corvette? Let's tread carefully here.

LeonOfTheDead
04-30-2009, 04:24 PM
They are good points there. But if you want to argue, the Corvette hasn't changed much either. There's still a massive V8 in a relatively light shell. But it has evolved- it picked up an advanced 4WD system from the 959, applied to the Carrera 4S and the Turbo, and it got variable geometry turbos from who knows where. Then there's the direct injection and the Porsche Doppleganger-thingy transmission. It's far from a copy. It stays on the blueprint, but nearly everything's different. Then there's the air cooled to water cooled issue too. :D

Here's two- Subaru Legacy and Honda S2000. I'm not sure about the third. Maybe Audi R8?

Those evolutions of the 911 are common in all other cars though, it's the market. While the last C6 is different from the other Corvette, it's smaller than a boat for instance (and as big as a 997).

I don't like the S2000 that much, neither the R8 (even less tbh).

F355. I agree.

Kitdy
04-30-2009, 04:26 PM
The Quattroporte is THE car of the KFL team, we all like it.

As CEO of KFL, I mandate that each of us drive around in one of these as a company car.

Kitdy
04-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I like the Legacy - especially the flat-6 one. S2000s are bomb Leon. I am disappointed in you.

We're running out of cars fast.

Do you like the first generation Mustang? What about the old Charger? 442?

NSXType-R
04-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Those evolutions of the 911 are common in all other cars though, it's the market. While the last C6 is different from the other Corvette, it's smaller than a boat for instance (and as big as a 997).

I don't like the S2000 that much, neither the R8 (even less tbh).

F355. I agree.

I guess, but eh. Time to agree to disagree.

Hey, who said I liked the Quattroporte?

I'm more of an Audi S8 guy myself. :D

NSXType-R
04-30-2009, 04:32 PM
I like the Legacy - especially the flat-6 one. S2000s are bomb Leon. I am disappointed in you.

We're running out of cars fast.

Do you like the first generation Mustang? What about the old Charger? 442?

V8 Vantage maybe...?

LeonOfTheDead
04-30-2009, 04:32 PM
As CEO of KFL, I mandate that each of us drive around in one of these as a company car.

No prob, I would kidnap one in that lovely blue once I'll be back in Modena.
PM me the specs of the car you want, I'll pick them up as soon as I see one.

Kitdy
04-30-2009, 04:38 PM
V8 Vantage maybe...?

I prefer the DB9/DBS myself - I think the Vantage looks just a bit goofier than these two even though they are all quite similar.

NSXType-R
04-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I prefer the DB9/DBS myself - I think the Vantage looks just a bit goofier than these two even though they are all quite similar.

DBS for sure, but for cost I went for the V8 Vantage. Slightly cheaper. It's all the same looks anyway, right?

Ferrer
05-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Well I think there are some car manufacturers/model lines for evolution (Porsche, Corvette) and others for revolution (Citroën, Saab, perhaps Honda). That doesn't make the cars in one better than the ones in the other, just different. And I don't think it'd be great if all car makers were revolutionary, variety is the key for me.

F355. I agree.
Nice car, but it's missing some cylinders.

I guess, but eh. Time to agree to disagree.

Hey, who said I liked the Quattroporte?

I'm more of an Audi S8 guy myself. :D
Now you see that's bad.

No prob, I would kidnap one in that lovely blue once I'll be back in Modena.
PM me the specs of the car you want, I'll pick them up as soon as I see one.
4.7 litre GTS please in a nice discree color. And I want wood in the interior, not ghastly carbon fibre.

The problem is, if we are picking favourite cars, I don't want Aston's Boxster.

cargirl1990
05-01-2009, 10:31 PM
although LeonoftheDead, I do agree with you with what you said, but, i don't see why people give these cars so much hype. guess ya really gotta be into Honda's or something. and looking at the Supra, its drawing me in with its ( i can't believe im saying this ) good looks. there's a couple of 'em in my city as well as the NSX. ur lucky you get to see all those good looking European cars there. look better than what we got.

LeonOfTheDead
05-02-2009, 04:10 AM
although LeonoftheDead, I do agree with you with what you said, but, i don't see why people give these cars so much hype. guess ya really gotta be into Honda's or something. and looking at the Supra, its drawing me in with its ( i can't believe im saying this ) good looks. there's a couple of 'em in my city as well as the NSX. ur lucky you get to see all those good looking European cars there. look better than what we got.

which cars?
Maseratis? Astons? NSXs?

clutch-monkey
05-02-2009, 03:37 PM
yeah, why would people hype good cars, it makes no sense

cargirl1990
05-03-2009, 01:33 PM
which cars?
Maseratis? Astons? NSXs?

The NSX is what I meant.

LeonOfTheDead
05-03-2009, 02:42 PM
The NSX is what I meant.

The NSX was probably the best of those similar cars from Japan, being the Supra and the Skyline GT-R.
that's enough for the hype I would say.

Perhaps you need this much of open-mindedness instead of posting for the sake of it or elaborating your choices just saying "because I do/don't like it!".
Why the NSX shouldn't be as famous as it is?
Because it lacked of a turbo?!
Or because it wasn't as tunable as the Supra or the Skyline?
Or because it was an Honda?

f6fhellcat13
05-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Not only that, it is a lot less hyped than GT-Rs and Supras.
You rarely hear NSX owners bragging about their 9001hp duo-deca turboed car, which does happen with the other two.
The whole point of the NSX was to be the quiet unobtrusive supercar. It was low maintenance and easy to maneuver. It let that glorious engine note and sublime handling do the talking.

Ferrer
05-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't think the NSX was even in the same league as the Supra or the Skyline.

And apart from its inherent capabilities, it made Ferrari become what it is today.

kingofthering
05-03-2009, 09:15 PM
The NSX is what I meant.

The NSX? Hype? There was barely any hype at all. If you mean that the NSX sucks because it didn't have a gazillion horsepower, it was never meant for that.

cargirl1990
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
* SIGH * I'm trying to make the point that Honda seems to care about is reliability! I just have that view of Honda's. Try living in Canada where the #1 compact car is the Civic. I don't look at Honda as a car company capable ( and I wish to not offend anyone ) of making a sports car. I'm sorry,the NSX doesn't strike me as a cool sports car or whatever the heck it's meant to be. It does'nt even look that good. The thing uses a really putsy V6 with a putsy 200 and something odd horsepower. Even the Supra uses an inline 6 and it has around 330 hp! I know that it has a bit more than the Skyline but still... to me it's like everybody here goes ( in my country ), Honda is this..., Honda is that... blah, blah, blah!
EVERYONE IS INTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION!

Rockefella
05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
The thing uses a really putsy V6 with a putsy 200 and something odd horsepower. Even the Supra uses an inline 6 and it has around 330 hp!

An NSX is faster than a Supra you know.

Ferrer
05-04-2009, 11:17 AM
* SIGH * I'm trying to make the point that Honda seems to care about is reliability! I just have that view of Honda's. Try living in Canada where the #1 compact car is the Civic. I don't look at Honda as a car company capable ( and I wish to not offend anyone ) of making a sports car. I'm sorry,the NSX doesn't strike me as a cool sports car or whatever the heck it's meant to be. It does'nt even look that good. The thing uses a really putsy V6 with a putsy 200 and something odd horsepower. Even the Supra uses an inline 6 and it has around 330 hp! I know that it has a bit more than the Skyline but still... to me it's like everybody here goes ( in my country ), Honda is this..., Honda is that... blah, blah, blah!
Even if yours is wrong.

Kitdy
05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Even if yours is wrong.

That's not very nice to say.

The Civic in Canada is in fact the number one selling car.

Also, Mazda has like a 5% market share here for some reason which is double their share in America. I dunno why that popped in my head, but I thought I'd share it - I think I read it on Autoblog.

Ferrer
05-04-2009, 11:28 AM
That's not very nice to say.
I'm sorry, but I'm fed up with all those posts about she has never driven and which all seem to be about the same subject and aren't adding anything to the forums.

And I think that I'm not the only one.

cargirl1990
05-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry, I try to lay off the Honda Hate for like ever and everything else that seems to sound the same. Thank you Kitdy!

cmcpokey
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
its one of those situation s when you have to accept that different companies have different solutions too the same problem. an NSX bridges the gap between what was considered a supercar and what was just a normal japanese sports car. they did a brilliant job with it, and its 12 year or whatever model run, with very few changes, just proves how competent it was. even in its final iteration, it was still a brilliant car.

and just because a car is light on horsepower doesn't necessarily make it slow. the 250hp caterham was faster around the top gear track than the veyron. hp isnt everything, and the NSX was the bechmark for its class in that regard.

LeonOfTheDead
05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm fed up with all those posts about she has never driven and which all seem to be about the same subject and aren't adding anything to the forums.

And I think that I'm not the only one.

count me in.

Matra et Alpine
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Everybody forgets how OLD the NSX design is and how good it was for the day.
Business colleague in Canada owned an early one and I *can* draw the comparisons as he was kind enough to lend me it whilst in Edmonton on business :)
I think the lady thinks a company can only do one thing well.
Nothing except the market stops Honda making a performance sportscar.
They won't do anything unless they can make a profit :) and few sportscar makers achieve that :(
The Honda C90 is THE most successful plain, cheap reliable scooter/bike ever and Honda STILL manage to provide the CBR and FIreblade performance bikes AND the best engineering in MotoGP.
So just because the Civic is a successful budget car doesn't mean the comapy is limited to that :)

LeonOfTheDead
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
And I truly like (unriced) Civics.

NSXType-R
05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
count me in.

Me too.

And I truly like (unriced) Civics.

Me too.

And to add, I really wanted to step in and defend my favorite car. But after seeing the overwhelming logical response, I decided it wasn't necessary. :D

Ferrer
05-04-2009, 03:38 PM
If anything Honda is probably the most engineering led japanese car company this side of Subaru.

And that's something to be respected.

clutch-monkey
05-04-2009, 05:31 PM

NSX makes pretty much 300hp, and uses each hp much, much better than any whaling boat - i mean supra
supra is just a japanese mustang.

kingofthering
05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
It does'nt even look that good. The thing uses a really putsy V6 with a putsy 200 and something odd horsepower. Even the Supra uses an inline 6 and it has around 330 hp! I know that it has a bit more than the Skyline but still... to me it's like everybody here goes ( in my country ), Honda is this..., Honda is that... blah, blah, blah!

You do know that the NSX weighs significantly less than a Supra, right? It doesn't need hundreds of horsepower to do the job.

cargirl1990
05-05-2009, 06:16 PM
You do know that the NSX weighs significantly less than a Supra, right? It doesn't need hundreds of horsepower to do the job.

no rly?:rolleyes:

cargirl1990
05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Everybody forgets how OLD the NSX design is and how good it was for the day.
Business colleague in Canada owned an early one and I *can* draw the comparisons as he was kind enough to lend me it whilst in Edmonton on business :)
I think the lady thinks a company can only do one thing well.Nothing except the market stops Honda making a performance sportscar.
They won't do anything unless they can make a profit :) and few sportscar makers achieve that :(
The Honda C90 is THE most successful plain, cheap reliable scooter/bike ever and Honda STILL manage to provide the CBR and FIreblade performance bikes AND the best engineering in MotoGP.
So just because the Civic is a successful budget car doesn't mean the comapy is limited to that :)

that is exactly what im getting at, though im wrong obviously to SOME PEOPLE!!!!! ( jeez... )

Ferrer
05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Have you actually driven any of the three?

Matra et Alpine
05-06-2009, 01:31 AM
that is exactly what im getting at, though im wrong obviously to SOME PEOPLE!!!!! ( jeez... )
SO are you saying you DO think Honda can only do one thing well ?

LeonOfTheDead
05-06-2009, 04:12 AM
SO are you saying you DO think Honda can only do one thing well ?

sarcasm is difficult to catch

Kitdy
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Have you actually driven any of the three?

Have you?

Ferrer
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Have you?
No, but I don't go there claiming anything about them either.

Kitdy
05-06-2009, 11:13 AM
No, but I don't go there claiming anything about them either.

So wait, you don't claim anything about cars you've never driven then?! What about oh I dunno, all the cars you comment on (that you've not driven)?

Ferrer
05-06-2009, 11:19 AM
So wait, you don't claim anything about cars you've never driven then?! What about oh I dunno, all the cars you comment on (that you've not driven)?
I try to not comment on driving sensations or objective facts of cars that I haven't driven.

The thing is, saying "The thing uses a really putsy V6 with a putsy 200 and something odd horsepower." strikes me as a very ignorant comment. And missing the point of the car quite badly.

Kitdy
05-06-2009, 11:32 AM
The thing is, saying "The thing uses a really putsy V6 with a putsy 200 and something odd horsepower." strikes me as a very ignorant comment. And missing the point of the car quite badly.

Yeah but to each their own. Maybe cargirl doesn't like the V6 due to peakiness and wants some torque - or maybe it's all about numbers. I dunno, it's an abrasive comment to car fans to hear as the NSX is well regarded but people almost seem to take have taken it personally - a dislike of the poster too methinks?

I think we need to settle down and give cargirl a second chance - cargirl is clearly young and can learn a lot more about cars and things like that form this site. That is my main point I think - people around UCP are pretty cruel to outsiders that make bold claims and personally attack them almost. I think this is poor form. I was gonna send par tof this as a private message but I hope everyone reads it and thinks twice before jumping on this poster again.

f6fhellcat13
05-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah but to each their own. Maybe cargirl doesn't like the V6 due to peakiness and wants some torque - or maybe it's all about numbers. I dunno, it's an abrasive comment to car fans to hear as the NSX is well regarded but people almost seem to take have taken it personally - a dislike of the poster too methinks?

I think we need to settle down and give cargirl a second chance - cargirl is clearly young and can learn a lot more about cars and things like that form this site. That is my main point I think - people around UCP are pretty cruel to outsiders that make bold claims and personally attack them almost. I think this is poor form. I was gonna send par tof this as a private message but I hope everyone reads it and thinks twice before jumping on this poster again.
She is supposedly a year older than I am, as old as Fiset, 41 years younger than henk (etc... etc...) Plenty old enough. IIRC, that's when Quiggs started using the "big boy" toilet.
She seems to have such a trollishly one-sided view of such a large portion of the automotive world, that it is really hard to feel empathy for her.
She also seems unwilling to actually learn anything, and just wishes to spread her annoying message across these boards. If she merely didn't like Honda, for whatever reason, and wasn't so aggressive about it (differn't strokes for differ'nt folks, as you say) she would have received no more than the customary new-member hazing if you can even call it that.
She did not ingratiate herself to many members of UCP with her first-days post bonanza with her combination of annoying threads, raising the dead, and generally annoying (read: posts in all caps) behavior.
She is made of tougher stuff than some new members, (macfly, or whatever his name was, comes to mind) and possibly if she is willing to budge maybe we will be, but if she just continues making multiple posts that say the exact same thing, I see no need to be nice to her. Civil perhaps, but this is the internet, so probably not that either.

LeonOfTheDead
05-06-2009, 03:32 PM

Not completely true though. I think UCP is quite warm when it comes to new members, as opposed to some other forums. I never thought to have been tagged as a n0o0ob when I was new here, neither other good entrances like F6BLABLABLA (;)), LTSmash and other fellows which never acted as cargirl.

Even Bleeding Heart had a better attitude, and even before of changing identity (I still suspect he reincarnated in Black Editon).

She is supposedly a year older than I am, as old as Fiset, 41 years younger than henk (etc... etc...) Plenty old enough. IIRC, that's when Quiggs started using the "big boy" toilet.
She seems to have such a trollishly one-sided view of such a large portion of the automotive world, that it is really hard to feel empathy for her.
She also seems unwilling to actually learn anything, and just wishes to spread her annoying message across these boards. If she merely didn't like Honda, for whatever reason, and wasn't so aggressive about it (differn't strokes for differ'nt folks, as you say) she would have received no more than the customary new-member hazing if you can even call it that.
She did not ingratiate herself to many members of UCP with her first-days post bonanza with her combination of annoying threads, raising the dead, and generally annoying (read: posts in all caps) behavior.
She is made of tougher stuff than some new members, (macfly, or whatever his name was, comes to mind) and possibly if she is willing to budge maybe we will be, but if she just continues making multiple posts that say the exact same thing, I see no need to be nice to her. Civil perhaps, but this is the internet, so probably not that either.

And I completely agree with this.
Just because you are new, young or even a girl in a male dominated world, it doesn't mean you can post such silly arguments without even elaborating them and using such strong words.

Perhaps Ferrer's comment could sound harsh, but I also think it's completely deserved.

All of us use to comment even about cars we never drove before, but usually we say "I think this car..." and not "this car is...".
A subtle different use of the words.
personal opinion =/= reality, and there is a way to pronounce even the best words of the world, let alone the worst ones, whatever the arguments is.

remember that member coming out of the blue (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/car-comparison/37997-pontiac-g8-gt-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-x.html) saying he was going to buy (parents) a G8 or either an old 911, saying he also wrote an "essay" about the 911?
I killed him with a very long post (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/850297-post143.html) because after reading 10 pages of hi boring and stupid, childish and selfish points I had enough of his attitude and figured out he was probably pretty similar to the average dude who says he wants to learn stuff and hear what the other have to say but in the end just he just wants to show off his short thinghy.
in the end he went away as he came.
carlgirl is a different member, but has a similar problem.
She came, pissed off everyone, she was gone, and now she's back with a pretty similar attitude.
Even the supposed second chance isn't going to be much different.

I could even give her an infinite amount of chances, but I don't see any intention to really change a bit her attitude, way of writing, learning stuff or being this much open minded.

Harsh if you like, but to each his own, and I don't like how this is carrying on.

clutch-monkey
05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
whoa! hold up, hold up, i think i have found the issue here.

Try living in Canada

i kid

Kitdy
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I try living in Canada nearly every day. It works out pretty well.

clutch is busting out the Canada mockery with the sig and the try living in Canada.

I honestly don't know what's easier to make fun of - Australia ("Put another shrimp on the barbie!") or Canada ("Get out of your igloo Jim, we're going seal hunting!").

clutch-monkey
05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
actually the sig was supposed to say new zealand, but iirc it didn't fit (or i was lazy)

f6fhellcat13
05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
I try living in Canada nearly every day. It works out pretty well.

clutch is busting out the Canada mockery with the sig and the try living in Canada.

I honestly don't know what's easier to make fun of - Australia ("Put another shrimp on the barbie!") or Canada ("Get out of your igloo Jim, we're going seal hunting!").
Don't forget the French ones, squarehead.

NSXType-R
05-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Totally agree with F6Hellcat here, it's not like we were out bashing Cargirl1990 here, we told her multiple times to basically stop making random threads and stop the trolling attitude.

When you continue, it just gets massively annoying.

cmcpokey
05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
from a mod perspective... she has received numerous PMs from me, and i'm sure form other mods as well telling her to chill out. she seems to get better after receiving these, then pretty quickly regresses to her former self. hopefully she will snap out of it permanently soon, or go away.

cargirl1990
05-06-2009, 07:59 PM
k, this is for EVERYBODY who are members of this forum. i will stop my ignorrant and hate for Honda's and Toyota's. I apolaogize for all of the things that i have said and i will discuss nothing more of those kinds of things. I am going to try super hard to be nice on here and say not so ignorrant things anymore. if i slip, let me know. sometimes others can see what we're doing when we really can't see ourselves. no one is perfect and I thought about what i said and i feel terrible about these posts. i hope some of you forgive me. oh yeah, to anwser the driving the 3 of the sports cars. havn't driven them. don't have the money, single parent home, it kinda sucks.I did see a Supra gunning it down the road and i have to say, it sounded pretty good. the NSX, that thing is insane. guess i secretley like the two, guilty pleasure. I do have to admitt though, they do draw me in like a blackhole though.

Ferrer
05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
k, this is for EVERYBODY who are members of this forum. i will stop my ignorrant and hate for Honda's and Toyota's. I apolaogize for all of the things that i have said and i will discuss nothing more of those kinds of things. I am going to try super hard to be nice on here and say not so ignorrant things anymore. if i slip, let me know. sometimes others can see what we're doing when we really can't see ourselves. no one is perfect and I thought about what i said and i feel terrible about these posts. i hope some of you forgive me. oh yeah, to anwser the driving the 3 of the sports cars. havn't driven them. don't have the money, single parent home, it kinda sucks.I did see a Supra gunning it down the road and i have to say, it sounded pretty good. the NSX, that thing is insane. guess i secretley like the two, guilty pleasure. I do have to admitt though, they do draw me in like a blackhole though.
You're forgiven.

Now back to discussing cars. :)

LeonOfTheDead
05-07-2009, 06:23 AM
for the memories: YouTube - NSX Unleashed: 2011 Acura NSX Finally Hits the Nürburgring (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMAfsSk7jM&feature=player_embedded)

Black Edition
05-07-2009, 06:39 AM
for the memories: YouTube - NSX Unleashed: 2011 Acura NSX Finally Hits the Nürburgring (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMAfsSk7jM&feature=player_embedded)

it's very hard to see what the car really looks like with that zebra paint scheeme.

nice video though.... thanks leon