PDA

View Full Version : Lancer Evo VIII vs Impreza WRX STi

GrimaH
05-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Which is the better car, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII or the Subaru Impreza WRX STi? :confused:

DarkPhenix
05-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Are you thinking about buy one?? :D lol maybe subaru :rolleyes:

Cotterik
05-11-2004, 02:45 AM
This question again!?!?

The evo in my opinion; The evo is more of an elegant off road racer, and the Subaru is a bulky off road bully. Both practically the same on paper but my style of driving prefers the evo, but that’s just me

SilverG35SportC
05-11-2004, 06:40 AM
I would have to say Evo VIII. It looks alot better and its just overall better. I would take the Evo VIII MR. More horse, no radio, ?no rear seats???(not sure about that)no rear wing and lower sticker price.

drakkie
05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
:mad: NOT AGAIN !!!!! :mad: THIS IS HAS BEEN DONE MANY tIMES BEFORE :mad: :mad:

GT500
05-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Subaru, I'm all for the Evo, but the Subaru *licking smiley*. Very nice styling, amazing engine, to me it can't get much better. Nice price too. Evo 8 is graded down imo for the engine, should also have 300 at least, and teh styling.....mehhh....

stratos
05-12-2004, 02:47 AM
i prefer the subaru WRx Sti ... but the Mitsubishi its still a great car ... :)

Scott
05-12-2004, 06:34 PM
I would prefer the Evo over the Wrx, but i wouldnt mind havng either

KnifeEdge_2K1
05-12-2004, 08:15 PM
I would have to say Evo VIII. It looks alot better and its just overall better. I would take the Evo VIII MR. More horse, no radio, ?no rear seats???(not sure about that)no rear wing and lower sticker price.

I believe the one you're refering to is the RS
MR still retains comfort items from the info I have, it does however have a aluminum roof panel which in combination with other weight saving methods have shaved off 250 something pounds resulting in 4.3 second 0-60 second times (estimate, with realistic times near high 4s like 4.7 or 8) and .98gs on the skidpad

Actually this STi vs Evo thing has gotten a bit old, ... even for me and im obsessed with those 2 cars. The fact is if u can live with one you can live with the other, and since you dont have the money to buy one newayz it really doesnt matter what we say.

SilverEvoGuy
05-12-2004, 08:20 PM
I'd say the Evo because it's engine sluts the Sti's flat 4 when it comes to potential. With the 6-8 grand you save on buying an Evo, you can make it run 11's.

supra 2t
05-15-2004, 02:03 AM
I'd go for the STI because Mitsubishi sucks and is bad quality

whiteballz
05-15-2004, 02:06 AM
back you statement up man. dont diss the evo because it has "bad build quality"

is this first hand experiance? or a friends brothers uncles mothers 4th cousin's experiance?

supra 2t
05-15-2004, 02:20 AM
Mitsubishi does suck, most jap cars that break down are Nissans or MItsubishi.

whiteballz
05-15-2004, 02:24 AM
okay, now we have established you do not wish to prove yourself, why are they shit?

did you design them?

supra 2t
05-15-2004, 02:32 AM
All I'm trying to say is that Sti is better because the boxed engine has a low center of gravity. Subaru is also over engineered, so it would be better, not to mention that most of them comes with turbos. Evo is alright, it's more powerful than the sti but the sti has better handling. But I have to admit, the evo is Mitsubishi's only decent car.

KnifeEdge_2K1
05-16-2004, 10:38 AM
All I'm trying to say is that Sti is better because the boxed engine has a low center of gravity. Subaru is also over engineered, so it would be better, not to mention that most of them comes with turbos. Evo is alright, it's more powerful than the sti but the sti has better handling. But I have to admit, the evo is Mitsubishi's only decent car.

wow did ur mama drop u on your head when u were a baby?
1st the sti has more power than evo (unless its uk versions then its both the same unless you put the prodrive and fq versions into the fight).
2nd over engineered? try and use terms you actually understand man
3rd the evo has way better handling then the sti, acd and sayc plus more aggresive suspension setting while the sti understeers like a mad bull
4th in regards to your previous posts please try to back up your accusations, you cant just say "it sucks cuz it just is"

everything i've said was from actual reliable resources like topgear, road&track, motor trend, car & driver .ect

Spike
12-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey guys - I'm working on he first ever car awards show for SpikeTV. It's called 'AutoRox' - the Lancer EVO VIII AND the WRX STI are both nominated for best tuner of 2005.

If you have cool photos or footage of your tuned cars - please feel free to send them on to me at [email protected] - with your permission, we may even use them in the nomination roll in!

VOTE NOW at www.autorox.com/rsc/ - - Thanks!

jcp123
12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Mitsu. At least I can tell the dealer to take that ridiculous spoiler off. If it weren't for that, STi all the way because it's somewhat better looking, has a bigger, more powerful engine, and because Mitsu pusses out on warrantees on the Evo's. Also, the boxer-4 sounds a LOT meaner than an inline 4.

RS6
12-18-2004, 06:24 AM
The Evo is techniucally a better car and that matters in this market so I would take an Evo- Evolution VI RS-Sprint-but a good old 22B Impreza is also worth a look. And that flat four is certainly very obvious. I can always tell when an Impreza is coming. That Flat four voice really stands out and is very throaty. When I hear an Evo, I look around expecting to see a ricer in a saxo flooring it.

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Mitsu. At least I can tell the dealer to take that ridiculous spoiler off. If it weren't for that, STi all the way because it's somewhat better looking, has a bigger, more powerful engine, and because Mitsu pusses out on warrantees on the Evo's. Also, the boxer-4 sounds a LOT meaner than an inline 4.

arnt they both 2 litres?