PDA

View Full Version : Race ya!

zoeSMG
12-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, check out the poll and let me know what you think!

What's your style??

cmcpokey
12-30-2008, 10:38 AM
i cant say this happens very often, but if it were to happen, i woudl humor him and let him get the jump off the line. then come screaming by at 8000 rpm.

wwgkd
12-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Little bit of both. I've actually done this to a viper because I wanted to see the guy launch. He got a laugh out of it, at least. And I did race an Insight in my grandmas town car, just because losing to a new town car is embarassing as hell and the guy deserved it.

LeonOfTheDead
12-30-2008, 11:11 AM
it's something really uncommon over here (even if our own ricers probably love to do that).
I think I would enjoy the burnout-mind blowing-start of the Metro from a backward potion, just in case something is going to go wrong, badly ;)

teatako
12-30-2008, 11:43 AM
It never happens to me. Itīs usually the other way around, an idiot in an S3 or an SRT-4 (invariably with an HKS noisemaker blowoff valve) looking for an easy win or whatever.

Something similar has happened to me in tennis though, (a way lower level player challenging you to do your best against him) but I donīt really care and I stick to hitting kick serves and the occasional drop shots. Thereīs no reason to smoke the dude.

SupraMan22
12-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Do a little of both for sure.. like everyone else said I haven't ever had this happen to me. Although random runs come often in my tC. Guy on the I465 in Indy honked at me while driving beside me at about 60.. blew the doors right off his eclipse.. Needless to say.. he got off on the next exit :)

blingbling
12-30-2008, 02:31 PM
It never happens to me. Itīs usually the other way around, an idiot in an S3 or an SRT-4 (invariably with an HKS noisemaker blowoff valve) looking for an easy win or whatever.

Something similar has happened to me in tennis though, (a way lower level player challenging you to do your best against him) but I donīt really care and I stick to hitting kick serves and the occasional drop shots. Thereīs no reason to smoke the dude.you know what really pisses me off in tennis?

when you are just rallying at a normal pace and then one short ball, the other guy jumps ion it and crushes it down the line, and does this "come on" thinkin he is the shit. seriously i just want to jump over the net and wring the guy's neck when that happens

clutch-monkey
12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
yes, because i've never ever seen a geo metro, have no idea what it is, so for all i know it could be like a giocattolo and have a mid mounted V8

cmcpokey
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
yes, because i've never ever seen a geo metro, have no idea what it is, so for all i know it could be like a giocattolo and have a mid mounted V8

same as a suzuki cultus..

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/06/23-End%20of%20Month/Geo%20Metro.jpg

baddabang
12-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I love to humor Geo's and Civics in my Veyron.

teatako
12-30-2008, 09:28 PM
you know what really pisses me off in tennis?

when you are just rallying at a normal pace and then one short ball, the other guy jumps ion it and crushes it down the line, and does this "come on" thinkin he is the shit. seriously i just want to jump over the net and wring the guy's neck when that happens

If itīs not an actual match and youīre just hitting balls, I can see your point. Respond to that with a drop shot. Enjoy seeing the other guy run , run and *just* miss the ball. Do a a Nadal style "come on". Have some lulz.

ruim20
12-31-2008, 02:23 AM
same as a suzuki cultus..

Did you guys get the GSI/GTI version?

And isn't the Geo Metro and Opel/Vauxaul Corsa?

Ferrer
12-31-2008, 06:13 AM
Did you guys get the GSI/GTI version?

And isn't the Geo Metro and Opel/Vauxaul Corsa?
Swift and Corsa don't share anything AFAIK.

Altough the Swift GTI has been said to be a decent drive.

ruim20
12-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Swift and Corsa don't share anything AFAIK.

Altough the Swift GTI has been said to be a decent drive.

I dind't meant it like that :)

I was asking if they get the Cultus/Swift GTI/GSI in the Us and if the Geo Metro is like the Opel/Vauxhal Corsa.

The Swift is a great car to drive, my girlfriend had a GSI, 100bhp in a shoe box, so much fun. :p

Ferrer
12-31-2008, 08:02 AM
I dind't meant it like that :)

I was asking if they get the Cultus/Swift GTI/GSI in the Us and if the Geo Metro is like the Opel/Vauxhal Corsa.
Oops... :p

I don't know the answer to the forst I question, but to the second one, yes. :)

Rasmus
12-31-2008, 08:52 AM
I get that sometimes but mostly from Civics though. Some do it for fun, and that's cool, but others really do have magnanimously inflated egos.

nota
12-31-2008, 10:13 AM
yes, because i've never ever seen a geo metro, have no idea what it is,
Also seen as 2nd-gen Holden Barina

Check out this Suzuki GTi losing it flat-stick on Conrod @ Bathurst 1995, in the biggest possible way! :eek:

YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV8JTziNxdg)

clutch-monkey
12-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Also seen as 2nd-gen Holden Barina

Check out this Suzuki GTi losing it flat-stick on Conrod @ Bathurst 1995, in the biggest possible way! :eek:

YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV8JTziNxdg)

ah ok, well i've seen a few very quick ones around hillclimbs, so i'd be wary if it looked anything out of the ordinary. that crash is nuts!