PDA

View Full Version : If you were a car what would you be?

kennyknoxville
12-31-2008, 09:30 AM
id like to say im a nsx, or a tvr sagaris, but the more i ponder, the more i believe im more like an acura rsx type s wich was the first car i owned and is a good representation of my personality and style.

what do you consider yourself as?

MidNiteRide89
12-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Mitsubishi Starion, any year they were imported ( '83 - '89).... still my favorite car.

kennyknoxville
12-31-2008, 09:40 AM
ya i like those. with the nice fender flares

Bleeding Heart
12-31-2008, 10:00 AM
I think I'm a Toyota Corolla AE86...

Somewhat underrated by many people though can still be very capable at some points...

drakkie
12-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Probably something Citroen, why ?
- Soft
- Not too good at times
- Unpredictable
- Ambitious, but lacking the "schwung" to make it

Turbo.Jenkens
12-31-2008, 10:02 AM
A Lincoln Towncar.... because...

I'm built for comfort,
not for speed

blingbling
12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Mitsubishi Starion, any year they were imported ( '83 - '89).... still my favorite car.don't you guys get it as a chrysler? i liked this car as well man

but if i were a car i'd be a customized one

because my personality can not be described

**cue inspirational music as i wait for girls to be touched by my post and message me**

Ferrer
12-31-2008, 10:58 AM
I can run if it's needed to, but I don't like it and I'm not very good at sports. I usually like to take life at a nice relaxed pace. And I don't like striking and showy clothes which have the brand name or symbol very visible, but I'm moderately interested in looking good.

I think a Kappa V6 Coupe or 406 V6 Coupe fit my personality rather well.

Quiggs
12-31-2008, 10:58 AM
There are no girls on the Internet.

Rockefella
12-31-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm pretty well rounded as far as personality goes, but I guess I have extremes in every category. I can be really nice, or really mean but on the same hand I've been lazy as hell for weeks or overly ambitious in athletics and work. Fun but undependable on certain aspects I guess leads me to Britain and Italy. Don't want to say I'm a top-end Ferrari or Aston Martin because those I think would only fit celebrities and such.

Final answer: Jaguar XK-R

digitalcraft
12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
When growing up I did tons of outdoor stuff. Camping all the time, rafting, swimming etc. Boy scouts, all that. I still love going camping, hiking, boating and all that.

However I'm also perfectly comfortable in the city, and live in the city right now. I'll go with a Subaru WRX.

mclaren_crazy
12-31-2008, 12:32 PM
I think I would be a CLK 63......a bit overweight but has more than enough muscle hidden up its sleeves

MidNiteRide89
12-31-2008, 12:57 PM
don't you guys get it as a chrysler? i liked this car as well man

First imported into the US market in 1983 as Mitsu's flag car. Then, in 1984 it was sold as the Dodge/Chrysler Conquest. Mitsu, however, still sold the car as the Starion in their own dealerships.

I have an '83 Mitsu Starion LS with under 24k original miles....

f6fhellcat13
12-31-2008, 01:04 PM
I am amphibious.

Schwimmwagen.

forager
12-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Ford F-150 Lightning, not quite practible but still lots of fun.

kingofthering
12-31-2008, 11:16 PM
I think I'm a Toyota Corolla AE86...

Somewhat underrated by many people though can still be very capable at some points...

x2 for different reasons.

I'll take your abuse and start up the next day like nothing happened. Plus I'm also fun in the right circumstances.

SlickHolden
01-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Corvette. I have seen plenty of naked women in and on them. So i get action everyday:p.

Rasmus
01-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Easy.

Shelby GT500: Loud and a bit ugly. A bit overweight - I like to call it roomy - but powerful. Some problems with shoddy build quality. Needs a drink every other day.

blingbling
01-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I have an '83 Mitsu Starion LS with under 24k original miles....oohhhh WOW

wwgkd
01-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Jeep wrangler. Ugly, slow, and not really at home in the city, but surprisingly capable in the country and willing to go anywhere.

john14
01-02-2009, 06:36 AM
I would be a post 1980 American car. I wouldn't have to work on a regular basis. I wouldn't have to be reliable. I wouldn't have to be small or efficient. I could live in constant inferiority, unreliability, morbid obesity and fail-ness. It would be a great life.

henk4
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
I would be a post 1980 American car. I wouldn't have to work on a regular basis. I wouldn't have to be reliable. I wouldn't have to be small or efficient. I could live in constant inferiority, unreliability, morbid obesity and fail-ness. It would be a great life.

but short as you would rust away in a couple of years.

LeonOfTheDead
01-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I would probably be an Alfa Romeo.
besides I strongly consider every car being a female being, I recognize an Alfa Romeo could fit my personality, rust included.
considering what I consider of myself, it has to be a concept car, something never finished but at the same time a step forward in every direction. this same condition of being "precocious" makes me impossible to be produced even in small scale, so it's my peculiarity and my death at the same time. considering I'm also young it has to be something somehow recent.

Alfa Romeo Nuvola Concept could work, even if I'm not that curvaceous.

teatako
01-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Well of course you "strongly consider every car being a female being" dude, car is a feminine noun in Italian. I would be a smart roadster. small, light, quick, and oh so cheap.

LeonOfTheDead
01-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Well of course you "strongly consider every car being a female being" dude, car is a feminine noun in Italian. I would be a smart roadster. small, light, quick, and oh so cheap.

it's not just because it's a female word.
but the level of sophistication even while being a simple car is something that reminds me of a girl/woman.

teatako
01-02-2009, 10:07 AM
it's not just because it's a female word.
but the level of sophistication even while being a simple car is something that reminds me of a girl/woman.

Thatīs kinda sexist, isnīt it :D .Denying sophistication to your own gender. But actually I could agree with you on the basis that the automobile is a really complicated entity (to avoid saying thing and thus engaging in sexism myself).

BTW, I meant that feminine noun thing as a lighthearted comment, like everything above. Not at all trying to be an asshole. :) I kinda see your point really, although it really depends on what model IMO.

LeonOfTheDead
01-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Thatīs kinda sexist, isnīt it :D .Denying sophistication to your own gender. But actually I could agree with you on the basis that the automobile is a really complicated entity (to avoid saying thing and thus engaging in sexism myself).

BTW, I meant that feminine noun thing as a lighthearted comment, like everything above. Not at all trying to be an asshole. :) I kinda see your point really, although it really depends on what model IMO.

I know you intentions were pure ;)

besides, I think men are way more predictable usually, and even in the worst way.
that's why when I like something and I find it somehow complicated to own and understand, it becomes quickly a new member of the female universe. :p

teatako
01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
I know you intentions were pure ;)

besides, I think men are way more predictable usually, and even in the worst way.
that's why when I like something and I find it somehow complicated to own and understand, it becomes quickly a new member of the female universe. :p

You realize that last post of yours is the reason we consider black cats bearers of bad luck, the upside down pentagram a satanic symbol and the color red as sexy?

LeonOfTheDead
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
You realize that last post of yours is the reason we consider black cats bearers of bad luck, the upside down pentagram a satanic symbol and the color red as sexy?

uhm...no
I 'd like a black cat (I actually had one when I was a kid), but I don't like cats.
I'm not into religion, let alone satanism.
red is sexy if the red thing is sexy in first place.
no, seriously, I don't get it.:o

teatako
01-02-2009, 10:31 AM
uhm...no
I 'd like a black cat (I actually had one when I was a kid), but I don't like cats.
I'm not into religion, let alone satanism.
red is sexy if the red thing is sexy in first place.
no, seriously, I don't get it.:o

Theyīre all female symbols. Symbols of Pagan goddesses, to be exact. They were sort of frowned upon by the Catholic Church . They sort of banned you from RL. The Dominican Order, who were in charge of the moderators of that time, called the Inquisition, are the result of another pun: Domini Can. Godīs Dogs. Women are also why the devil has horns, but Iīll leave you that as homework.

LeonOfTheDead
01-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Theyīre all female symbols. Symbols of Pagan goddesses, to be exact. They were sort of frowned upon by the Catholic Church . They sort of banned you from RL. The Dominican Order, who were in charge of the moderators of that time, called the Inquisition, are the result of another pun: Domini Can. Godīs Dogs. Women are also why the devil has horns, but Iīll leave you that as homework.

fine, thanks for the class Professor Teatako! :)

henk4
01-02-2009, 11:14 AM
In view of all the above I have decided that I would like be a Chapron DS Decapotable. (Deesse, or Goddess).

teatako
01-02-2009, 11:23 AM
What has been seen cannot be unseen! :eek:

acuSI
01-04-2009, 02:34 PM
volvo c30 6 speed manual, on of the new ones with a turbo, fun but still classy

acuSI
01-04-2009, 02:35 PM
oh and also how do i become certified to post a thread like of my car or some bit?

Tall_G
01-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm lean, averagely agile, low rent but not poor, attractive to look at (when you squint), have adequate power but not enough to fight off any serious contenders, and overrate my own intelligence. Throw in the odd breakdown and occasional bout of unreliability and that makes me.....

The Vauxhall/Opel Vectra.....somebody find me a short rope and a high tree!

Sledgehammer
01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
My speed6 fits my body and personality pretty well. Good proportions, not small but not overly large. Fun, good on the inside, slightly sophisticated, slightly expensive but handles well when pushed or in a crisis. Starts things slowly but when someone means business, I jump to the ocasion (turbo lag). Likes to cruise, relax. However, needs paying attention to or it/I won't drive very smoothly. I can get myself in trouble if I don't have a constant plan or activities.

willysjeep
01-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I will be an 1984 Alfa Romeo Guillietta 2,0 turbo. The turbo to enhance performance and to propel the extra kilo's. And the rest because it is well balanced, passionate, gutsy, emotional and a good ride!! The wedge shape means you can "in" anywhere, and make it difficult to get "out" :p;):D

spikegomez
01-05-2009, 07:42 AM
If i were a car then i prefer to be a Lamborghini Alar... it looks great...

LeonOfTheDead
01-05-2009, 08:13 AM

is it actually on production?
I saw just a static concept and some renderings about it.

Tall_G
01-05-2009, 08:41 PM

I'd LIKE to be the Aston Martin DBS. Handsome & sophisticated with a hint of brutal masculinity, fast without being too flashy, agile without being an uncomfortable ride. Tailored, exclusive and desirable. Unfortunately the grand creator was having an off day when he/she moulded my flanks, hence actually being the human equivalent of a damn Vectra...

csl177
01-06-2009, 03:03 AM
In my mind I'm Ingrid Bergman's 1955 375 Ferrari, grigio with blue leather, well kept in a wonderful garage near Lugano. It's nice here.

In reality, I'm a rusting grey '67 300SE Mercedes coupe with a non-working sunroof, cracked red leather, sagging on my stops because of a leaky air suspension (although the pump is OK so I can get up when needed :D).
I leak and smoke a little, my transmission slips like all old Mercs and need new tires but won't go to the knacker's yard just yet... cause that air-pump still works when it needs to. :p

P4g4nite
01-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Alfa Brera

Great to look at but no focus or ambition, pleases ladies but consistently fails to meet expectations of those seeking a sophisticated, accomplished vehicle.
Continues to get by on the weakness women have for good looks and charm.

nota
01-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Mk IV Humber Super Snipe

Large & luxuriously rotund with piercing hooded eyes and a horrible cheesy grin.
Strong and well built but last of its line. Good performance from new but now tending towards the lugubrious.
Refined in its own way and dependable too although it likes a drink and the arse end could blow up with little warning.

btw I mean the '60s version of Mk IV (and yes I know about the Mk V) although this earlier series film star also seems well cast for the spotlight of this particular movie title...

1957 Humber Super Snipe Mk IV in "Behemoth, the Sea Monster, 1959" (http://imcdb.org/vehicle_56483-Humber-Super-Snipe-Mk-IV-1957.html)