PDA

View Full Version : Audi Sportback Concept

Kitdy
01-10-2009, 11:26 PM
The industry is abuzz and the blogs are all hot as I'm sure UCP will be monday morning for the big (is it still big with all the pullouts?) show in Detroit starting later today for the press (I had the pleasure of attending last year and it was a lot of fun I gotta say to make the trek as well as look around Cobo).

Leaked ahead of it's debut later today at the NAIAS in Detroit, behold below the Audi Sportback Concept in all it's glory. It is essentially the concept version of the upcoming A7. It's apparently based on Audi's new modular longitudinal build kit (LBK) which can be modified to adjust length, width, and height for packaging needs. It is supposedly bigger than the A6 (so says Autoblog's source at Audi) and the production version will apparently use this LBK as well as upcoming Audi models.

I think Autoblog has it right when they say that the rear is similar to the Estoque. As for the rest, I am not keen on it but am confident that the A7 will be better. I am quite interested in seeing what Audi will do with the A8 I must admit as I dig the subtle changes and LED lights on the new A4 and A5 - they always catch my eye when I see them on the road - I am not sure it'd work on a more sedate A8 though but we'll see. As you know by now, I think Audi's designs are great barring the grille - if only they used the old one they'd be spectacular but are only good in my eyes whilst hampered with the giant goofy mouth.

Enjoy or don't the pictures below.

Roentgen
01-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Front and back looks good. Side is a bit of a disaster.

f6fhellcat13
01-11-2009, 12:28 AM
This.
('cept the front is **** ugly.)

Kitdy
01-11-2009, 12:35 AM
The rear roof arch and buttocks end form the side reminds me of Aston as the XKR from the rear did the same earlier.

f6fhellcat13
01-11-2009, 12:53 AM
The rear roof arch and buttocks end form the side reminds me of Aston as the XKR from the rear did the same earlier.
Behind the B-pillar I can even see some Estoque, but the front of it is so hideous even without "The Grille", though, addmitedly, much less so.

Ferrer
01-11-2009, 03:15 AM
So that's just Audi's CLS. From the thumbnails it looks good.

Bleeding Heart
01-11-2009, 04:24 AM
the front and side looks quite nice. the rear is somewhat ugly though.

Rockefella
01-11-2009, 05:08 AM
It looks exaggerated, unfinished, and confused. It's not bad per se, just needs a good bit of work.

john14
01-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Why can't Audi design a good looking grille like BMW? The grilles on modern Audis look terrible. I don't like the design of the Audi Sportback Concept either. I agree with Rocke when he says it looks exaggerated, unfinished, and confused.

Street_Dreamer
01-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Why can't Audi design a good looking grille like BMW? The grilles on modern Audis look terrible. I don't like the design of the Audi Sportback Concept either. I agree with Rocke when he says it looks exaggerated, unfinished, and confused.It's all subjective. I don't think the kidney grilles are any better than Audis grilles. I think the Audi grille is not only hugely distinctive, but looks very good.

I also think this car looks really nice, but it's an Audi so that shouldn't really surprise us. More of the same, but if it ain't broke...

LeonOfTheDead
01-11-2009, 07:03 AM

This.
('cept the front is **** ugly.)

this, and the lower part of the rear is screaming Maserati

It looks exaggerated, unfinished, and confused. It's not bad per se, just needs a good bit of work.

agree.
loosing the all rounded design Audi can't rely anymore on the stone style, they should have already realized that.

NicFromLA
01-11-2009, 07:36 AM
First of all, I like it. I don't love, but like it a lot.

Second, with Porsche talking over more than 50% of VW, will they allow a car that seems to be direct competition to their new Panamera? I personally would take a RS7 over a Panamera Turbo any day.

Ferrer
01-11-2009, 07:41 AM
It's all subjective. I don't think the kidney grilles are any better than Audis grilles. I think the Audi grille is not only hugely distinctive, but looks very good.
I think Audi's grille is hugely... huge.

When they introduced it they ruined one of the few reasons to actually buy one.

First of all, I like it. I don't love, but like it a lot.

Second, with Porsche talking over more than 50% of VW, will they allow a car that seems to be direct competition to their new Panamera? I personally would take a RS7 over a Panamera Turbo any day.
Not to mention the Estoque, S8, Conti FS,...

LeonOfTheDead
01-11-2009, 07:58 AM
I suppose the Estoque is gone with the arrival of the Panamera.
this or the 4 door Lamborghini will be freakin' expensive.
the Bentley Continental FS is a different car, while the A7 or whatever is supposed to be cheaper, and probably it will kill the S8 (if not the A8)
sink the Phaeton.

DFH
01-11-2009, 09:16 AM
this car unbelievebly ugly i cant stand it for me the only sedans r the CLS an the 5-series preferebly a M5 but audi keeps on getting uglier an uglier

01-11-2009, 10:37 AM
get rid of the grill

LTSmash
01-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Why can't Audi design a good looking grille like BMW? The grilles on modern Audis look terrible. I don't like the design of the Audi Sportback Concept either. I agree with Rocke when he says it looks exaggerated, unfinished, and confused.

Agreed. I'm sick of modern Audi designs.

henk4
01-12-2009, 12:59 AM
you only have to follow new VW models and shortly after that Audi will come with a "premium" version to screw more money out of the consumer. This is the "Passat CC".

Spastik_Roach
01-12-2009, 02:26 AM
The next car Audi make will just be one giant grille on wheels I swear...

Ferrer
01-12-2009, 07:39 AM
you only have to follow new VW models and shortly after that Audi will come with a "premium" version to screw more money out of the consumer. This is the "Passat CC".
Just like always have.

wwgkd
01-12-2009, 10:15 AM
It kind of reminds me of a panamera with the big audi schnoz and aston taillights.

Zytek_Fan
01-12-2009, 09:27 PM
90% percent of Audi concepts become reality.

This will be on the road soon.