PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Dodge Circuit EV (Concept)

f6fhellcat13
01-12-2009, 10:17 PM
For the Hide-Out:

(from Dodge Press Release) Dodge Circuit EV

* Dodge Circuit EV: Brand new version of all-electric sports car boasts unique, fearless Dodge design
* All-electric vehicle delivers sports car performance with zero gasoline consumption, zero tailpipe emissions and 150-200 mile driving range

Detroit, Jan 11, 2009 - The Dodge Circuit EV displays bold exterior and interior styling with outstanding performance, zero gasoline consumption and zero tailpipe emissions.

The Dodge Circuit EV design screams pure sports car from every angle. The Dodge Circuit EV’s profile demonstrates perfect proportions for balanced handling, placing the driver and passenger midway along the wheelbase. At the front of the vehicle, the distinctive Dodge crosshair grille splits the wind, sending it over the long, low hood and cleanly over the windshield and cockpit. The body sides feature a deep scallop, providing visual depth and also a functional rear-brake air duct. At the rear, the functional elements blend with design to create a uniform finish.

“The exterior styling of the Dodge Circuit EV mates bold Dodge styling to the no-compromise performance attributes of an all-electric performance sports car,” said Ralph Gilles, Vice President – Design, Chrysler LLC. “The Dodge Circuit EV offers an extremely fun-to-drive, expressive sports car without fuel consumption and with virtually no impact on the environment.”

The Dodge Circuit EV is adorned in all-new “Tangoreen” exterior color, wearing large “EV” graphics on both sides of the sports car.

f6fhellcat13
01-12-2009, 10:21 PM
The uncomplicated interior of the Dodge Circuit EV delivers a combination of pure function and athletic refinement. The cockpit design puts complete control of the car at the driver’s fingertips. Nestled within a leather-covered instrument cluster are two primary analog-face gauges. A digital display conveys information regarding the electric-drive system.

The seats feature deep bolsters and are covered in premium leather. The same premium leather covers the center console and the width of the instrument panel.

The Dodge Circuit EV delivers all of the convenience features of a performance sports car, including premium sound system, power windows and door locks, air conditioning, speed control.

Propelled by a completely electric ENVI drivetrain, the Dodge Circuit EV posts impressive performance numbers:

* 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds
* ¼-mile in 13 seconds
* Top speed of more than 120 mph

Perhaps the most impressive Dodge Circuit EV number, however, is zero. That’s how much gasoline the vehicle consumes while providing exhilarating sports car performance. It’s also how much tailpipe emissions are produced.

The Dodge Circuit EV utilizes just three powertrain components. These include a 200 kW (268 horsepower) electric motor to drive the wheels, an advanced lithium-ion battery system to power the electric-drive motor, and a controller that manages energy flow.

Working with the latest advanced lithium-ion battery technology, the Dodge Circuit EV has a driving range of 150 to 200 miles between charges – more than triple the average daily commute of most consumers. Recharging the vehicle is a simple one-step process: plugging into a standard 110-volt household outlet. The recharge time can be cut in half by using a typical 220-volt household appliance power outlet.

The Dodge Circuit EV offers driving enthusiasts a performance sports car that can be driven to work every day – without consuming gasoline or producing tailpipe emissions.

f6fhellcat13
01-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Dodge Circuit EV #3

f6fhellcat13
01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Dodge Circuit EV #4

70cuda88
01-12-2009, 10:33 PM
is this based on the Elise chassis like the Tesla?

f6fhellcat13
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
AFAIK, it's based on the Lotus Europa, which is why, without the crosshair grille, they look identical. :)

zeppelin
01-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Makes sense. I was waiting for this thread to be the first to say: Lotus Viper.

Ferrer
01-12-2009, 11:43 PM
AFAIK, it's based on the Lotus Europa, which is why, without the crosshair grille, they look identical. :)
They may have changed the grille compared to the previous version, but it still can'thide it's origins. The Tesla is probably better in that aspect.

wwgkd
01-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Makes sense. I was waiting for this thread to be the first to say: Lotus Viper.

No, that's hennessey's rumored sports car with a chasis made by lotus but powered by a 1100hp viper engine.

I've been waiting for dodge to make a little 2 seat sports car for a long time now. They keep showing concepts (I fell in love with the demon) yet we get nothing.

NSXType-R
01-13-2009, 08:18 AM
What exactly is the point of this car?

To show that Chrysler gives a crap now that they need a bailout?

The chances of Chrylser still being able to afford to produce this is almost nil.

The price will probably be just as expensive as a Tesla.

What can this car do that the Tesla can't?

Utterly pointless.

faksta
01-13-2009, 09:54 AM
What can this car do that the Tesla can't?

It has a roof :)

zeppelin
01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
No, that's hennessey's rumored sports car with a chasis made by lotus but powered by a 1100hp viper engine.

I really just jokingly meant it looks like the illegitimate child of a Viper and a Lotus. That Hennessey thing sounds pretty wicked though.

LeonOfTheDead
01-13-2009, 04:04 PM
I think it's better looking than the Lotus it's based on.
apart from that, I'm still wondergin if they deserved the money, so I don't know if they should do cars like this, even if I like the idea of a small electric sport car.
tbh, such cars, I mean sport cars, don't make a great sense if converted to electric motors.
I would agree making them more efficient even becoming hybrid a la Prius (not as the Volt) or just with more performance oriented pseudo Kers systems, but such cars aren't going to be driven that much to create a relevant pollution, and Lotus are also quite green being so light and the engines so small.
even more, the point of these cars is a sort of old school driving style, which could probably be compromised, if not changed, by the different drivetrain, like if it was a part of the experience.
technically, city cars and daily commuters, as the iQ, the Prius or the Volt make/would make much more sense as electric cars.

f6fhellcat13
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Could a mod plz move this to the Hide-out.
EDIT: It seems that Matt made a thread for this today so this one should prolly be deleted.

Matt
01-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Could a mod plz move this to the Hide-out.
EDIT: It seems that Matt made a thread for this today so this one should prolly be deleted.

Yeah, sorry. I didn't see this thread before I made the new one. :(

f6fhellcat13
01-13-2009, 10:23 PM
No worries. :)

peterscot
02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Hello.
I own two electric vehicles and its charging costs me very high for my pockets, so please tell me the perfect solution of charging the electric vehicle so that the power can be saved which further helps in reducing my electric bills.

NSXType-R
02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Speak to your power provider...? :confused: