PDA

View Full Version : Crashes (videos)...dont laugh!

UK CARS
05-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Okay now we have this new wmv,mpeg file attachement capibility we can post vids (which is great..thanks to matra,wouter,peiter!)......so in this thread post the best chrash vids you got under 2.00 mb. :)
heres three of mine.....clk gtr...which im sure most of you have seen!
porsche gt1 lm,
and honda civic rally car, Flipping hell! :D
ive got more but there well over 2mb :( and there probally better... :rolleyes: oh well
post em please ;)

Matra et Alpine
05-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Seen these, Jim, and they are all commercial recordsing.
We need to be careful what we post and serve out of UCP.
Especially the rally one, that is clearly from the David Winstanley editing suites with that 1970s 'wipe'.
The guy makes his living out of these clips and shows !!

Niko_Fx
05-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Nice vids UK :)

Here's another one: 2 crashes on the same race.

Mustang
05-11-2004, 01:36 PM
ok so this isnt a crash it doesnt have sound eiher but it is quite good :)

UK CARS
05-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Nice vids UK :)

Here's another one: 2 crashes on the same race.

HEY! they forgot to pull there parachuite cord! :D

MrVette83
05-11-2004, 02:33 PM
That GTR wrecked at Le Mans on the Mulsane(spelling?) Straight didn't it? Since so many cars were doing that haven't they since flattened this part of the course a little bit?

Suka
05-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Both the GT1 and GTR crashes happened behind another car, the air flowing over the car infront is kicked up at the back and over the front of the car behind, so there is no air for the front splitter to use to force the front of the car down. :D I just worked that out and needed to share it! :D

Rijoh
05-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Ferrari F50 crash :eek: :

Matra et Alpine
05-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Can anyone translate the commentary ?
WHAT is going on there ?
Why the driver isn't grabbing the handbrake I don't know.
Even a catastrphic failure leaves it working !!

Mustang
05-12-2004, 11:39 AM
erm wow that is kind of strange, you can hear him breaking but nothing happens. i agree with matra that he should have gone for the handbrake.

i dont suppose that there is any possibilty that it could be stages is there, but then who would do it to such an expensive car?

that is very strange indeedy :eek: :confused:

DarkPhenix
05-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Can anyone translate the commentary ?

He said:

"It's very dificult drive a car on this conditions, the man says to the driver to he turn to the right but the man was run over by the car... Fortunately nobody were hurt seriously in the crash"

PS: I don't write english very well because i'm portuguese and i'm 13 years old... :(

UK CARS
05-12-2004, 12:36 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! hehehehe.... :D LMFAO!!!! :p
funniest thing ive seen in a long time!!! :D :D
is the old man pissed!!!! :D :D :D

UK CARS
05-12-2004, 12:39 PM
look how much he turns the wheel (a lot)....the f50 doesnt turn a bit! :confused:
steering gone... :confused: yes very strange...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LMFAO!! :D

DarkPhenix
05-12-2004, 12:41 PM
I never thinked i would laugh so much with car crashes!!! :D :D :D

Matra et Alpine
05-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Here's what I think ....

the old guy has only ever driven automatics and the Ferrari is a 'trophy' to show off in.
Someone convinces him he's wonderfula nd should enter this test ( the rich always have some sycophants in their circle )

So the guy panics and brakes hard. The front whels are locked up and so no steering makes any difference. The car keeps going becuase the twat doesn't know to engage the clutch or to select neutral. The engine has enough torque to keep pushin the car.

What do you think ????

DarkPhenix
05-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I don't know... Maybe.. It's possible.. :rolleyes:

carlover
05-12-2004, 02:02 PM
:rolleyes: Maybe the old guy is a mad psychotic killer... :rolleyes:

orne
05-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Here's what I think ....

the old guy has only ever driven automatics and the Ferrari is a 'trophy' to show off in.
Someone convinces him he's wonderfula nd should enter this test ( the rich always have some sycophants in their circle )

So the guy panics and brakes hard. The front whels are locked up and so no steering makes any difference. The car keeps going becuase the twat doesn't know to engage the clutch or to select neutral. The engine has enough torque to keep pushin the car.

What do you think ????

I don't think so, if you look at the brief outside shot you can see the right wheel isn't turning so my guess is that something broke in the steering or suspension.

werty
05-12-2004, 04:22 PM
i'm having problems with the videos posted so far, whenever the quicktime symbol comes up, it is broken and i can't watch half of the videos that have been posted :(

Matra et Alpine
05-12-2004, 04:49 PM
i'm having problems with the videos posted so far, whenever the quicktime symbol comes up, it is broken and i can't watch half of the videos that have been posted :(
Follow the instructions at http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65139&postcount=7 and either post in that thread or PM me.
Cheers

GT500
05-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Matra- probably true...*strangles monitor......* ah what's the point? That old guy is a psycho... ;)

Matra et Alpine
05-12-2004, 04:56 PM
I don't think so, if you look at the brief outside shot you can see the right wheel isn't turning so my guess is that something broke in the steering or suspension.
Looking at it frame by frame - but it is low res, I think you are right because I think it IS turning but is turning in to the left - the driver was turning wheel to right. So you could be right and a steering arm broke,
BUT, why no brakes ? Was the driver unable to react to the unexpected - in that case take the Ferrari off him and give it to someone here on UCP who can appreciate it :)

Suka
05-12-2004, 11:43 PM
in that case take the Ferrari off him and give it to someone here on UCP who can appreciate it :)
I don't think i want it anymore! lol

UK CARS
05-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Looking at it frame by frame - but it is low res, I think you are right because I think it IS turning but is turning in to the left - the driver was turning wheel to right. So you could be right and a steering arm broke,
BUT, why no brakes ? Was the driver unable to react to the unexpected - in that case take the Ferrari off him and give it to someone here on UCP who can appreciate it :)

I told you the wrinkly was pissed....! :p

byronleehk
05-13-2004, 08:24 AM
The road surface was wet. I bet you the tires / brakes were not up to the property working temperature. The driver didn't even counter-react to the car when it wasn't responding to the turn. When the car wasn't turning he floored the brakes thus locking up the tires (do F50s have ABS?), causing it to slid.

That's what I think :rolleyes:

Suka
05-13-2004, 08:34 AM
The road surface was wet. I bet you the tires / brakes were not up to the property working temperature. The driver didn't even counter-react to the car when it wasn't responding to the turn. When the car wasn't turning he floored the brakes thus locking up the tires (do F50s have ABS?), causing it to slid.

That's what I think :rolleyes:
Course they have ABS, i would be very surprised if it didn't! Put property working temperature? Thats a new one.

Matra et Alpine
05-13-2004, 09:33 AM
The road surface was wet. I bet you the tires / brakes were not up to the property working temperature.
IN a small low-speed event like that it wouldn't make any difference.

The driver didn't even counter-react to the car when it wasn't responding to the turn.
He just kept putting in right hand down.
So he knew it wasn't turning but could only think to try to steer, nothing else.

UK CARS
05-13-2004, 09:35 AM
IN a small low-speed event like that it wouldn't make any difference.

He just kept putting in right hand down.
So he knew it wasn't turning but could only think to try to steer, nothing else.

i'm telling you he was pissed! :p

:rolleyes:

Matra et Alpine
05-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Course they have ABS, i would be very surprised if it didn't!
Hmmm, some early ABS didn't do well at low speeds and slippy surfaces.
Ice was always a favourite.
Could be the ABS was refusing to come on ?

Suka
05-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Maybe. :rolleyes:

DarkPhenix
05-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Crashes #1

Mustang
05-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Crashes #1

Hey phenix i think i have figured out what the problem with you is:

you are a robot arent you, you never seem to sleep and you post every second that i am on. or maybee u are just obsessed :D

DarkPhenix
05-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Crashes #2

Mustang
05-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Crashes #2

erm what the hell is 'wopper' i am busy downloading another one of your movies and i dont know if i should download that one or not :p :eek:

DarkPhenix
05-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Hey phenix i think i have figured out what the problem with you is:

you are a robot arent you, you never seem to sleep and you post every second that i am on. or maybee u are just obsessed :D

I'm a robot

Oh sh*t!! Water!!! PLzz!!

zzzzzzzzzzz :p

DarkPhenix
05-19-2004, 07:59 AM
erm what the hell is 'wopper' i am busy downloading another one of your movies and i dont know if i should download that one or not :p :eek:

You will see :D :D :D It's very very very funny :D :D :D

Mustang
05-19-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm a robot

Oh sh*t!! Water!!! PLzz!!

zzzzzzzzzzz :p

ha your a robot you are not allowed to sleep :p

DarkPhenix
05-19-2004, 08:00 AM
ha your a robot you are not allowed to sleep :p

only at night :D

Suka
05-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Whoa that rally one is bad!

Mustang
05-20-2004, 10:07 AM
here are a few more vids for yall

the last vid isnt really a crash vid it is more of a war video form a helecopters point of view. hope that this doesnt offend anyone :o

Cotterik
07-27-2007, 08:32 AM
MSN's collection of the weirdest crashes ever:
(http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=5618634&refcd=C13&pkw=FA1)

Waugh-terfall
07-27-2007, 09:13 AM
I swear the picture of the frozen MGF was taken by my friend Katie's Dad, they have a huuge album on their computer from their holiday in Switzerland and there is a picture just like that