PDA

View Full Version : jag xfr can keep up with sylvias

kennyknoxville
01-15-2009, 08:47 AM
so i saw this picture on the main page and im pretty sure its from an official jaguar press release. anyway, what exactly are they implying here? it looks like this car is drifting. well whatever, thought it was kinda strange.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/3788/Jaguar-XFR_2.jpg

LeonOfTheDead
01-15-2009, 08:59 AM
the car is oversteering, something already discussed here (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/general-automotive/38476-jaguar-xkr.html)
not exactly the same car, but same kind of product, same photoshoot and so on.
I actually can't see the problem of an XF oversteering since they released images of that even when the car was unveiled just with the regular engines.
see link (much better than a huge image in the post ruining the page layout or preventing users with the old 56k connection to see in an acceptable time. that or use the attachment)

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/07/automobiles/533-jag.jpg

RacingManiac
01-15-2009, 10:26 AM
except the linked pic seems to be on a skidpad, which is probably at a closed facility....

At anyrate, good pics...

Bremboy71
01-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Now it seems that every big time car maker is sucking designs in order to cheaper the cost and show no other then the interior and the "major" changes and the "oh Ahhhh" of what they call design.
Subaru Legacy totaly!!! Shame on your Brits!

LeonOfTheDead
01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Now it seems that every big time car maker is sucking designs in order to cheaper the cost and show no other then the interior and the "major" changes and the "oh Ahhhh" of what they call design.
Subaru Legacy totaly!!! Shame on your Brits!

I think I vaguely understood what you wrote, need you to explain/elaborate.
apart from the fact that I don't have something to complain about modern Jaguars' look or technical design.

Ferrer
01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
I think I vaguely understood what you wrote, need you to explain/elaborate.
apart from the fact that I don't have something to complain about modern Jaguars' look or technical design.
I didn't understand anything... :(

Concerning Jaguar's modern design, it looks a bit Lexusish but it's good. And the interior is superb.

LeonOfTheDead
01-15-2009, 11:09 AM

Concerning Jaguar's modern design, it looks a bit Lexusish but it's good. And the interior is superb.

I suppose he is complaining about the fact a lot of cars look just flashy and showy trying to hide the lack of real features and such.
maybe.
or something.

LTSmash
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I suppose he is complaining about the fact a lot of cars look just flashy and showy trying to hide the lack of real features and such.
maybe.
or something.

That's what I got from it.

Ferrer
01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
maybe.
or something.
Well can't see anything fundamentally wrong with this car.

The only two faults that I can think of are the lack of a manual and that it's a bit overweight.

By the way, to stay on topic, I think the oversteer pics are very Jaguarish.

Zytek_Fan
01-15-2009, 10:12 PM

I like the design.
And the interior is definitely superb.
And It's got a nice amount of gadgets :)

LeonOfTheDead
01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Well can't see anything fundamentally wrong with this car.

The only two faults that I can think of are the lack of a manual and that it's a bit overweight.

By the way, to stay on topic, I think the oversteer pics are very Jaguarish.

true, perhaps I would like to see a large displacement NA engine, but I'm fine with the supercharged one especially if it sounds as the old Rs.

Kitdy
01-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if they made a V12 engine again?

LeonOfTheDead
01-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if they made a V12 engine again?

that's what I was thinking of.
and perhaps even a new XJ220 (with the right engine this time)

Kitdy
01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
that's what I was thinking of.
and perhaps even a new XJ220 (with the right engine this time)

Don't fret about the XJ220, there's always the XJR-15.

LeonOfTheDead
01-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Don't fret about the XJ220, there's always the XJR-15.

too racing oriented, and I think the XJ220 looks much better.

Kitdy
01-16-2009, 10:08 AM
too racing oriented, and I think the XJ220 looks much better.

Would you rather a V6 with huge turbo lag, better looks, higher top speed but slower sprint to 100 km/h, or a NA V12 that weights 700 pounds less, lower top speed bu faster to 100 km/h. I mean the XJR-15 may be more race oriented but these cars are hardly practical in the first place and I want a big fat V12 in my Jaguar not a V6 pulled from a Rover rally car?

I was surprised to relearn that UCP had neither the XJR-15 or XJ220 so I sadly had to go to anther site for information. Seems to be a rather significant gap in the database - at least to me. Maybe Wouter could feature these cars sometime soon?

LeonOfTheDead
01-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Would you rather a V6 with huge turbo lag, better looks, higher top speed but slower sprint to 100 km/h, or a NA V12 that weights 700 pounds less, lower top speed bu faster to 100 km/h. I mean the XJR-15 may be more race oriented but these cars are hardly practical in the first place and I want a big fat V12 in my Jaguar not a V6 pulled from a Rover rally car?

I was surprised to relearn that UCP had neither the XJR-15 or XJ220 so I sadly had to go to anther site for information. Seems to be a rather significant gap in the database - at least to me. Maybe Wouter could feature these cars sometime soon?

...I love the XJ220's look, it could even be a diesel, I would still love it :D

agree, an update would be appreciated.

wwgkd
01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Update. I demand an update! ;)

Seriously though, I've always heard that the XJ220 looks like a spaceship, but I've always thought it looked more like this alien from a cartoon I watched as a kid. Especially the mirrors and grill/lights.

LeonOfTheDead
01-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Update. I demand an update! ;)

Seriously though, I've always heard that the XJ220 looks like a spaceship, but I've always thought it looked more like this alien from a cartoon I watched as a kid. Especially the mirrors and grill/lights.

actually I always thought it was designed on the shape of the leaper...