PDA

View Full Version : V8 BRutes

Mustang
05-11-2004, 01:44 PM
has anyone got any pics of the V8BRutes, i was watching them for the forst time on sky the other day i love them they look great, and also perform great at top speed of 230mph(i think)

thanks alot

Mustang
05-11-2004, 01:56 PM
erm what the hell i could have sworn i was in the racing forums :confused:

DarkPhenix
05-11-2004, 02:03 PM
V8 Brutes...

Mustang
05-11-2004, 02:51 PM
thanks alot dark phenix :D

dont suppose that a nice Moderator could move this threat to either the racing or Australien fourms could they i would prob get a better response there :)

motorsportnerd
05-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Just a quick note on the performance of these cars. The two types of utes used are the Holden Commodore VU and Ford Falcon BA. They are mildly modified production cars. Mods are limited to slick tyres and minor engine and exhaust changes. They won't reach 230 mph. Try 230 km/h...

motorsportnerd
05-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Website for the V8Brutes is http://www.v8brutes.com/. It will have everything you need to know.

fpv_gtho
05-12-2004, 05:36 AM
you should see them going around the streets of adelaide, the live rear axles of the ford utes makes them easy to slide around the corners (its basically impossibel not do to this as well though) and its very much a contact motorsport

Falcon500
05-12-2004, 05:41 AM
Well there we go i moved it for you....last year this was a good catigory but this year it has degenerated to a sad state...nearly all intrest has been lost ever since Gricy (Sir Allan Grice OBE) left...he left because the class degenerated....and the cominatator could use a sock in his noise maker...that or a kick too the balls...

Mustang
05-12-2004, 11:40 AM
i agree did you see the one last weekend where that privateer guy with no sponsers crahed out, he was busking fo money because he couldnt afford to get the car fixed having no sponsers. :(

motorsportnerd
05-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Gricy (Sir Allan Grice OBE) left.....

"Sir" Allan Grice OBE? When did he get knighted? The OBE is correct - fill me in on the sir part...

Falcon500
05-13-2004, 02:31 AM
"Sir" Allan Grice OBE? When did he get knighted? The OBE is correct - fill me in on the sir part...He got knighed ages ago soon after his retierment....that is his offical titel like Sir Allan Moffat OBE and sir Mark Skaife OBE all got their OBEs for services to motorsport,australian motoring and all have done alot of charity fundraising and so on and so forth :)
He actually wasnt apriovateer before he had the dayly planet sponsorship untill this year...im assuming his stupid way of driveing cost him sponsorship...the dude really buggedme(i forget his name...ive lost touch with Brutes) but i still feel sorry for him...the state the sports in now reminds me of the Tarmac surface Fraser park (a speedway track in canberra) used to have....