PDA

View Full Version : Russel Ingall for a good cause

fpv_gtho
05-12-2004, 04:27 AM
Russell Ingall Auctions Helmet for Starlight - 07/05/2004

Caltex Havoline Racing’s Russell Ingall has put one of the most prized possessions in Australian Motorsport up for auction.

Ingall has placed his official V8 Supercar racing helmet “on the market” to raise money for the Starlight Children’s Foundation.

Anyone wanting to bid on the helmet can e-mail their name, address, phone number and bid to [email protected] by Sunday, May 16. There will be daily bid updates on the Stone Brothers Racing website through the week.

The Arai helmet, which carries signage from all of Ingall’s sponsors including Ford, Caltex, Pioneer, Dunlop, VB, Arnette, Duracell and Cadbury Ice Cream, was put up for auction last week and has already attracted a bid of more than $2000.

The announcement comes today (May 7) – Star Day - the Starlight Children’s Foundation’s annual national fundraising event.

“If there is one thing that I get requests for more than anything, it’s a price to buy one of my helmets,” said Ingall.
“This auction will let the fans decide the price and all the money raised will be going to a fantastic cause.
“I only have a couple of helmets done a year, so this will be a pretty unique piece of motorsport memorabilia.
“Caltex has been a great supporter of the Starlight Children’s Foundation for many years and I am delighted I can do my little bit to help the cause.”

The corporate Caltex star usually seen on the side of Ingall’s BA Falcon was replaced in round three of the V8 Supercar Championship Series in New Zealand last weekend by a large yellow star to promote Star Day.

Since its inception in 1988, the Starlight Children's Foundation has brightened the lives seriously ill and hospitalised children and their families throughout Australia and Caltex Australia has been a major supporter of the foundation for several years.

Over 600,000 children will be hospitalised in the next 12 months and 6,000 will be diagnosed with a serious illness. Starlight's programs currently reach about 200,000 seriously ill children and their families, which is why the funds raised from this year's national campaign are vital to expand Starlight’s entertainment programs to reach more children.

The Star Day campaign runs from mid April to mid May. On sale are Star Key Rings by Dinosaur Designs $5; Star Pens $4; Enamel Star Pins $4 and Ribbon Pins $2.

The 12th annual national Star Day is taking place on 7 May, and Starlight merchandise is available from participating Caltex and Ampol stores until 11 May 2004.

Starlight merchandise is also available nationally at any one of the following retail outlets Optus World, Qantas, Lincraft, AMF, Michel's Patisserie, Qantas, Just Jeans, Sussan, Baskin Robbins, United Star Retailers, Oporto, Greater Union, Rydges Hotels, Bayswiss and Man to Man. Also in Queensland ANZ Banks and Heritage Building Society.

Coventrysucks
05-12-2004, 04:49 AM
I'd rather have his car...

Good man. :)

fpv_gtho
05-12-2004, 04:51 AM
I'm sure if Stone Brother Racing thought that it would generate more than the $400,000 it cost to build the car, they'd consider auctioning it instead, heay, after all it wasnt that long ago Ford auctioned off a whole heap of concept cars, but to most fans a helmet is plenty enough