PDA

View Full Version : Nissan 350Z import differences?

McGreggor
05-12-2004, 11:46 AM
I have noticed on another thread that there are some differences between the Japanese Market models and those that are made outside Japan? Can anyone tell me what those differences are?
I have already learnt that they dont use the sealant to protect the underside of the car for the Japanese market. That will be the first thing on my list to do as I live on the coast and salt levels are high.

Cheers in advance....

SilverG35SportC
05-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Yes I believe the horsepower is less in Europe and im not sure about any others.

Coventrysucks
05-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Yes I believe the horsepower is less in Europe and im not sure about any others.

A massive 7 hp less... :rolleyes:

We in the UK get superior suspension to the rest of the world, due to a greater range of fast, twisty, undulating roads. :D

MrVette83
05-12-2004, 03:25 PM

We in the UK get superior suspension to the rest of the world, due to a greater range of fast, twisty, undulating roads. :D

:p :p :p :p :p

Sweeney921
05-12-2004, 05:41 PM
the US gets massively underpowered engines for their sizes......

McGreggor
05-13-2004, 02:23 AM

Are you sure this is the case for the 350z compared to the Japanese models? I know it is true in general for cars over here, but with a sports car like this I wouldnt't be surprised if its only America with a different suspension setup (filled with treacle). Also Japan doesn't have exactly a whole bunch of straight roads, 85% of the country is mountainous!

Coventrysucks
05-13-2004, 07:22 AM
The 350Z was never originally going to be sent to Europe, so it was developed after the Japanese and US versions.

I am not 100% sure that the UK suspension is that different to the rest of Europe... :confused:

The 2005 US 350Z is getting Euro spec suspension, as well as a few other updates when it will be sold alongside the Roadster version. :)

Falcon500
05-14-2004, 05:25 AM
Well from what i hear the jap fuel quality is excelent they run their fuel at about 115 octane (which is the quality of our Av Gas) which would need quite a few changes to be made if im not mistaken....

McGreggor
05-19-2004, 07:25 AM
thanks all for the help, but i've decided not to go for a 350z import. Instead i'm gonna get a C Class merc, C36 AMG with the same 0-60 time, but can carry 5 people with suitcases in pure comfort if need be.

It also goes like sh*t off a shovel...