PDA

View Full Version : Is modifying cars acceptable to you?

Kossy
04-25-2003, 03:39 AM
A: Yes
B: No
C: If it is reasonable and for the genuine good of the car, not for looks

hotflank
04-25-2003, 03:47 AM
Defintely if the car looks good and performance increases

Roy Visser
04-25-2003, 03:48 AM
yes totally, i couldn't think of a better hobby myself. If i'm not at work or behind the pc, i'm busy with my or other peoples cars!

i don't care what people are changing, more bhp or better (in sometimes their opinion) looks. People take alot of effort in doing so, and often are in love with their own car.

btw i'm not gonna say no to a qeustion where my future of investment is in..

Kossy
04-25-2003, 03:50 AM
So do you think this car is cool?

hotflank
04-25-2003, 03:53 AM
absolutely, anyway, by any chance did u get that from supercars.net? i saw this there;)

motorhead
04-25-2003, 04:37 AM
well you see modified cars are basically cars with extra parts which are not suppose to be there but sometimes not all the time, they look good byt as for me i'll rather touch the styling then the engine unless i can lay my hands on NoS nitrogen oxide(high octane fuel)

Kossy
04-25-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by hotflank
absolutely, anyway, by any chance did u get that from supercars.net? i saw this there;) Its been posted everywhere.

Meluion
04-25-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Kossy

If this car has a big powerful engine, than I like it. :D

Nash
04-25-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by motorhead
well you see modified cars are basically cars with extra parts which are not suppose to be there but sometimes not all the time, they look good byt as for me i'll rather touch the styling then the engine unless i can lay my hands on NoS nitrogen oxide(high octane fuel)

You're talking about after market parts.

Nitrous Oxide? If you're planning to add nitrous oxide, in most cases, you need to beef up your internals.

It doesn't matter what people do THEIR cars, different people have different tastes. Unless it's something stupid.

hotflank
04-25-2003, 05:52 PM
motorhead, in order to supply NOS to ur car, u need to modify or tune the engine first as it will not be able to take nos juz like that.

Imagine sending in high octane fuel any making the normal cylinders work on it, the car will "explode":p

Gilly
04-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Yes definately! Modifying cars is awesome

hotflank
04-25-2003, 09:14 PM
that 350z is totally awesome

R34SkylineGTR
04-26-2003, 04:50 AM
Its cool as long as the car is not a classic

Othix
04-26-2003, 10:46 AM
1. I think it's cool to personalize your car, and you have a sense of pride after doing it.

2. buying a riced-out car off someone isn't cool

3. a GOOD car will look good, and have the aerodynamics and ground clearance it needs for its performance. Making a car LOOK fast is not cool.

4. a car that doesn't look fast, but IS is cool. Audi RS6 Avant hahah.

5. purchasing a civic "because it's fast" is not acceptable, and neither is buying it to supe up. Use your money to buy a better, faster car.

6. If your cousin gives you her old civic when you get your lisence, and you spend a modest amount of money in small upgrades, then whatever, that's better than having a stock piece of crap, but if you can afford NOT taking the civic, and buying your own faster car, or better looking car, then, buy a better car.

7. Honda's are good for the money, and decent looking. but a huge wing is completely unnecessary. Especially if you want a fuel efficient car. A nice Accord w/ VTec will give you good power out of a small engine, and that's impressive.

8. S2000's rock.

^^those are my varying opinions on modified Japanese cars. Feel free to disagree or agree on any of my points.

elfangor
04-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Yes, its ok as long as the owner knows what he's doing. Some people tend to think that just because they have a custom spoiler that they are invincible.

Nicademus
04-27-2003, 08:03 AM
This is what modding cars is all about.

cause without them what the hell do you really need the car for?

Nash
04-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Nicademus

Make Sense?

Kossy
04-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Nash
Make Sense? I think he means the only reason to mod cars is for chicks. But only dirty wog chicks like modded cars anyway.

Nash
04-28-2003, 06:22 AM
I think he means the only reason to mod cars is for chicks. But only dirty wog chicks like modded cars anyway.

Dude, those chicks are NOT hot. And besides, I wouldn't rice my car for chicks.

Nicademus
04-28-2003, 09:21 AM
that's fine.

Othix
04-28-2003, 03:00 PM

totally not hot.

Egg Nog
04-28-2003, 05:27 PM
If you ask me, as far as performance goes, lap times matter. With that considered, you can easily see what needs to be modified first (largely suspension, brakes, and engine).

After this, I tend to like subtle, tasteful exterior work. Anything that actually benefits the aerodynamics is a plus. But really, everything is to your own tastes - that Volvo may be fast around the track (of course its actually not, just hypothetically), but it's absolutely hideous and overdone, so I will never appreciate that aspect of it.

kennyknoxville
04-29-2003, 11:17 PM
A. yes

i dont go out headhunting people who like to modify their cars, but there are some offenders that i wouldnt mind putting behind bars.

a lot of people put time and money into customizing their cars, and i think its a great hobby. but if your car looks like all you spent your money on was a fart can exhaust, a couple stickers, and HIDs, i will laugh.

as far as tuning goes, some people know what theyre doing. i admire them, but if your engine on your 92 civic blows up while youre trying to keep up with my acura because you shot too much NOS, i will laugh.

personally, my car is completely stock and i love it and dont really plan to do anything to it. the people at acura are far better tuners/designers than ill ever be.

kennyknoxville
04-29-2003, 11:21 PM

:eek: noo

kennyknoxville
04-30-2003, 12:27 AM

how else would you get to the Buttaface Convention?