PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 4 championship on UCP

Mustang
05-13-2004, 09:08 AM
When GT4 comes out later this year i was thinking that it might be a good idea if all the guys at UCP who are getting the game could have competitions between eachother. What i would like to do is;

Once a week ( Sunday) make a new thread announcing last weeks winner and the points so far. Any member that wants to enter would send me a Pm and i would make a thread in that post saying who that weeks entereants would be.

To start with I would choose the first, say two tracks that we have got to race on that week, with the intention being that the member with the fastest time for each track wins. i was thinking that a 5 or 10 lap race would be best (get bact to me and decide)

the winner then chooses the next two tracks for the next week, if one person doesnt win (meaning that it 2 members have won, one on the first track and one on the second) then, 1 member will choose one track and the other will choose the second track.

I am not sure at the moment if there should be a specific car that you should be made to use for both the tracks, maybee you guys could tell me about that. :)

you WILL NOT have to have your PS2 online, just post you time on the thread. any no cheating

The points syatem will be as follows, unless i think of another better way to set it out,

1st Earns 8 point
2nd Earns 6 points
3rd Earns 5 points
4th Earns 4 points
5th Earns 3 points
6th Earns 2 points

anyway this was just a thaught that i had for you guys.

please get back to me on this and tell me what your views are :)

UK CARS
05-13-2004, 09:16 AM
i'd be up too that..... :)

Mustang
05-13-2004, 09:28 AM
i'd be up too that..... :)

good i will prob still need to finalize a few things such as what cars we are allowed to use bacuse it wont be fair if people who have had the game for ages and race F1 cars are going against newbies in a toyota Yaris/ Vitz, but i will be looking for some inspiration from you guys here ;)

challenger
05-13-2004, 09:41 AM
im not getting it but abowt the car thing

you know on gt3 there is groups of cars like the a,b,c classes.

if they have groups like that on gt4 then the person that wins each week could say that "the cars we are racing in this week have to be in group A"

or something like that

just an idea. :)

UK CARS
05-13-2004, 09:45 AM
im not getting it but abowt the car thing

you know on gt3 there is groups of cars like the a,b,c classes.

if they have groups like that on gt4 then the person that wins each week could say that "the cars we are racing in this week have to be in group A"

or something like that

just an idea. :)

you and your bro can just have a two player! :)

cp01ae
05-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Or instread of group A or B, how about a power restriction, for example less than 200 HP street cars, or 500-650 HP race cars. It might be easier than having classes from the arcade mode. And along with the time a member would have to list the car as welll as any and all mods it has.

Mustang
05-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Or instread of group A or B, how about a power restriction, for example less than 200 HP street cars, or 500-650 HP race cars. It might be easier than having classes from the arcade mode. And along with the time a member would have to list the car as welll as any and all mods it has.

thats a good idea, so is the class one, that way if we were using the casr from the class i would mean that they had no mods on and make it better competition.

anymore suggestions wil be greatly appreciated.
:D :)

Cotterik
05-13-2004, 10:06 AM
sounds good to me. Definitely gettin it :D Its what PS2's are for!!

challenger
05-13-2004, 10:07 AM
this has nothing to do with this but on gt3 wot is your fastest car

i have a viper that tops out at 452kph or mph(wotever it is)

i was just wondering if any of you have anyting that goes faster or anything that goes over 400 mph

UK CARS
05-13-2004, 10:10 AM
this has nothing to do with this but on gt3 wot is your fastest car

i have a viper that tops out at 452kph or mph(wotever it is)

i was just wondering if any of you have anyting that goes faster or anything that goes over 400 mph

probally the suzuki pikes peak...thing/rocket

challenger
05-13-2004, 10:13 AM
yeh i have that up to 1780 hp

but its still no where near the viper

UK CARS
05-13-2004, 10:16 AM
yeh i have that up to 1780 hp

but its still no where near the viper

which viper is it????? i probally have it, did you mod it to max???

challenger
05-13-2004, 10:22 AM
its only the viper gts

and yes modded to the max :cool:

eros
05-13-2004, 11:10 AM
do you have all a psp i have only a pc and i want that sonny got to make a gt for computor to
it would sell like mad

Mustang
05-13-2004, 11:14 AM
do you have all a psp i have only a pc and i want that sonny got to make a gt for computor to
it would sell like mad

it would be good if Sony made it for PC because it would mean that more people would be able to enter in my comp. the only problem is that you would prob have to have one hell of a graphics card and all the latest drivers for your pc. which could also mean that all of us using the old Pc's either wouldnt be able to use the game or that we would have to upgrade/ buy a new pc which can be quite expensive. :(

stratos
05-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Cool idea mustang123 !!! :)

Why dont we start next week with GT3 ... its one idea ..... whath you think ?

Mustang
05-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Cool idea mustang123 !!! :)

Why dont we start next week with GT3 ... its one idea ..... whath you think ?

:D HA yeah i suppose that we could do, if i can then i will get it set up for starting on sunday night. so anyone that wants to enter send me a Pm.

i will post on sunday who is entered and what tracks and cars we will be using :D

then as soon as Gt4 comes out we can change to that.

Sledgehammer255
05-13-2004, 01:18 PM
I will be up for that when GT4 comes out.I haven`t played Gran Turismo for 2 years but I was the irish champion of GT1 and came 4th in the Europeans....i will get back into practice if this thing on sundays works out.It will be fun.

Mustang
05-13-2004, 01:37 PM
I will be up for that when GT4 comes out.I haven`t played Gran Turismo for 2 years but I was the irish champion of GT1 and came 4th in the Europeans....i will get back into practice if this thing on sundays works out.It will be fun.

if you have GT3 then you can enter the new GT3 comp untill GT4 is out :D

Matra et Alpine
05-13-2004, 02:09 PM
...problem is that you would prob have to have one hell of a graphics card and all the latest drivers for your pc.
Today's cheap, run of the mill graphics cards have more processing power than the whole PS2 !
The PS2 is really old technology - but stable and consistent, which is it's BIG plus.

Mustang
05-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Today's cheap, run of the mill graphics cards have more processing power than the whole PS2 !
The PS2 is really old technology - but stable and consistent, which is it's BIG plus.

suppose but i think it is something like £90-120 for a good card here, which is the same price as a PS2 with games or Xbox with games :D

whiteballz
05-13-2004, 03:16 PM
my fastest car in GT3 is the suzuki pikes peak, i dont race in it, i just have a hoon on the test track... (even then i have to slow down for the corners) my top speed in it is something like 1687 kmh! there is a way you can do that by the set up. it gets the car into a mono (wheely) whatever you want to call it) and it just rockets along... i dont see how it works but its sweet!

do any of you guys actually take the time to set up the car? ie ratios, etc?

Mustang
05-13-2004, 03:25 PM
my fastest car in GT3 is the suzuki pikes peak, i dont race in it, i just have a hoon on the test track... (even then i have to slow down for the corners) my top speed in it is something like 1687 kmh! there is a way you can do that by the set up. it gets the car into a mono (wheely) whatever you want to call it) and it just rockets along... i dont see how it works but its sweet!

do any of you guys actually take the time to set up the car? ie ratios, etc?

WOW are you sure that you got it to go that fast, i have never seen it go that fast b4, i got it to do a wheelie at 200kmh and then i had to slow down round the corners so that the turning wheels could tough the ground :D

whiteballz
05-13-2004, 03:30 PM
its a hidden "egg" in the game, any car with a big enough wing, can go double its hp if its set up right in a mono... i think thats right, and yes i did... its was for like 2 seconds though, then i had to haul the beast in to TRY to turn the carner... ive forgoten how to do the set up right though... so i will have to search the net to find the right set up for it, then i can post for you guys to try...

Mustang
05-13-2004, 03:34 PM
its a hidden "egg" in the game, any car with a big enough wing, can go double its hp if its set up right in a mono... i think thats right, and yes i did... its was for like 2 seconds though, then i had to haul the beast in to TRY to turn the carner... ive forgoten how to do the set up right though... so i will have to search the net to find the right set up for it, then i can post for you guys to try...

please try and find it that would be amazing i didnt know about that :D

fpv_gtho
05-13-2004, 06:35 PM
if you have GT3 then you can enter the new GT3 comp untill GT4 is out :D

heres a start: someone try beating my time of 1:03.5 around Laguna Seca in either the Polyphony 001 or 002

whiteballz
05-13-2004, 07:28 PM
DAMN YOU FPV!!! laguna seca is my fav track, my top time is 1:03.7!!! hahahaha

cp01ae
05-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Wow fpv, I think I have about 1:04.something in the F687S or F094S.

fpv_gtho
05-14-2004, 07:40 AM
well guys, ive got some good news, and some bad news for you all......

the good news (this is for your remember, so its bad news for me), that my 001 doesnt consisntently run 1:03.5. I have on about 3 occasions reached that time. At first i averaged around the 1:05's, but after a modification to my LSD Acceleration, my averages dropped to 1:04's.

now.....the bad news. recently, my 001 has reacted quite well to some slight gearing changes to the final drive (i changed the original of about 4.025 down to 3.85) and since Laguna Seca has alot of short straights, well theres an improvement. Although after a testing period of about 20 laps around Laguna Seca, my lack of form right about now only allowed for me to get a 1:03.75, the first full lap i went out i got a 1:04.4. From then on, i was getting significant gains in the first 2 sectors, whilst i flunked out in the final 2. around lap 15 i peaked or something, because based on my control time, i got -0.8 seconds through the first sector, moved onto -1.9 seconds for the second sector, -1.6 for the 3rd sector and finished -0.6 seconds from my control time which got me the 1:0375 odd time. hopefully over the weekend i'll give it another attempt and see whether my form has changed, as im having trouble negotiating the corkscrew and the final 2 tunrs ive been doing a bit too much curb hopping so im getting no traction out of the corners, and im also not exiting the corners where i want to

painterr
05-14-2004, 09:29 AM
I ran the same track with the 94s: first lap was a 1:03.067 the second was a 1:01.547.

painterr
05-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Well I just had to do it one more time with the 94s and My first lap was a 1:00.526, then I ran it with the GTone race car and turned a 1:04.024

That isnt to bad for not racing for over a year! There is allot of room to improve!

If anyone is questioning my times I have posted a link so you can see some of the times that have been set by some professionals and there settings.

painter & grom racing community (http://gt3.faultysanity.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=14d295c63b973a61f9776952e09f613d)

fpv_gtho
05-15-2004, 05:39 AM
damn, and i just got a 1:02.910 today after i had a fiddle with the front downforce. I need to work on my racing line though so theres some improvement there, but me thinks i need to have a rethink on the setup for my Toyota GTone as i think i lap at about 1:15

Wolf03
05-15-2004, 06:06 AM
Ok, I don't know but have I missed something? What's this have to do with multimedia? :p When I first read the thread, I was expecting some high res pics of the game.

challenger
05-15-2004, 06:41 AM
thuis thread will eventually turn into a competiton or another will be made so it is ok that it is in multimadia.

painterr
05-15-2004, 09:15 AM
My new time for the GTone race car is 1:03.337, I ran the GT390 race car and turned a 1:03.624

Also on my site you can get settings for allot of cars that are in the game.

but we have found that there are some glitches between the two versions: that sometimes the settings wont work on some cars that are on the differernt version.

Mustang
05-15-2004, 09:59 AM
ANYONE ELSE WANT TO ENTER INTO THIS WEEKS COMP ENTERIES HAVE TO BE IN BY TONIGHT ( SATURDAY )