PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin DB10 design

Cotterik
05-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Hey guys im currently working on a design for the Aston DB10 (not officially for Aston itself, just my own design) its the first design that i have ever done from home; all my designs are done at the workshop so i cant show you them. It should be done atleast by Sunday,but i dont know how long i want to spend on it just yet.Im doing the front view, rear-side and interior.

p.s - i apologise to anyone who viewed this thread expecting to see found out concepts of the DB10 :p (i wish)

Mustang
05-13-2004, 10:37 AM
are you doing these mods on your work ex or not. :confused:

Cotterik
05-13-2004, 10:41 AM
are you doing these mods on your work ex or not. :confused:
Yea both at home and at Work Experience because they have some cool stuff i can use there. And taking it home and working on it further. They just stopped using Photoshop and replaced it with another program which im not familiar with, so i will scan it into my pc and touch it up once ive finished drawing it.

Mustang
05-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Yea both at home and at Work Experience because they have some cool stuff i can use there. And taking it home and working on it further. They just stopped using Photoshop and replaced it with another program which im not familiar with, so i will scan it into my pc and touch it up once ive finished drawing it.

cool looking forward to seeing this, should be good, not putting to much pressure on you :p

are you using a aston that is in production and modifying it or are you completely starting from scratch?

Cotterik
05-13-2004, 11:03 AM
cool looking forward to seeing this, should be good, not putting to much pressure on you :p

are you using a aston that is in production and modifying it or are you completely starting from scratch?

More or less started from scratch, just trying to keep the body looking like an Aston and some of the features are obviously influenced by the DB9, its an evolution in a way. Anyway i need to get doing it cya later :p

Cotterik
05-13-2004, 01:14 PM
I think mustang was supposed to be posting this photo but he hasnt so i'll do it, its the early stages of the interior design. The prints on my desk are not originals, they are print outs from the workshop (at my school) where i work with the rest of the guys to come up with some designs. We sent one to alfa romeo last summer. Anyway i jus thought id prove i actually am doin this not just talkin about it :p

UK CARS
05-13-2004, 01:27 PM
I think mustang was supposed to be posting this photo but he hasnt so i'll do it, its the early stages of the interior design. The prints on my desk are not originals, they are print outs from the workshop (at my school) where i work with the rest of the guys to come up with some designs. We sent one to alfa romeo last summer. Anyway i jus thought id prove i actually am doin this not just talkin about it :p

did you do them alfa designs??? cos there amazing

Mustang
05-13-2004, 01:31 PM

thats what i said to him too but i think if i remember rightly he said that he printed them off or that he made them n his GCSE art class for inspiration. rite Cotterick?

Mustang
05-13-2004, 01:33 PM

great designes cotterick so far

Cotterik
05-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Yea I helped design it, there are 3 of us. He lives in Hong Kong and comes over here now an then every year. I came up with the original design when he was looking for employment and we eventually finished it and sent it to Alfa with some pretty positive feedback :D We all have different duties. I do most of the hand drawing, so i suppose you could call me the 'chief designer'. Another works on photoshop and touches them up on the computer and the other is a textiles artist who creates clay models of each car we come up with. Its only a team we came up with at school but its got potential, i cant wait until i can start studying at university, im hoping to work in Germany or Japan. This Aston DB10 design hasnt got anything to do with the other guys its just in my spare time.

Mustang
05-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Yea I helped design it, there are 3 of us. He lives in Hong Kong and comes over here now an then every year. I came up with the original design when he was looking for employment and we eventually finished it and sent it to Alfa with some pretty positive feedback :D We all have different duties. I do most of the hand drawing, so i suppose you could call me the 'chief designer'. Another works on photoshop and touches them up on the computer and the other is a textiles artist who creates clay models of each car we come up with. Its only a team we came up with at school but its got potential, i cant wait until i can start studying at university, im hoping to work in Germany or Japan. This Aston DB10 design hasnt got anything to do with the other guys its just in my spare time.

thanks that clears it up have you got any pics of the other models or drawings

Cotterik
05-13-2004, 01:40 PM
thats what i said to him too but i think if i remember rightly he said that he printed them off or that he made them n his GCSE art class for inspiration. rite Cotterick?
yea i also used them as part of my GCSE course, which the others are not allowed to contribute to obviously. I use my previous designs and the other guys work to inspire my new ones

Cotterik
05-13-2004, 01:43 PM
thanks that clears it up have you got any pics of the other models or drawings
Not at home because i work on large sheets at school. I can try and send them home once i go back to school after my work experience for you.
However i will keep you all up to date with the latest stages on the DB10 so keep visiting this thread :D

Coventrysucks
05-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Yea I helped design it, there are 3 of us. He lives in Hong Kong and comes over here now an then every year.

Is his name Woo-sung Chung perchance?

Cotterik
05-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Is his name Woo-sung Chung perchance?
No but he has worked with Woo-sung temporarily, ive not heard from him in a while though. Im not allowed to post his name online ( he has a thing about it :confused: )

350hp_civic
05-15-2004, 04:58 AM
i luv the alfa i cant wait 2 see the DB10 design :D

Coventrysucks
06-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Come on then - where is it? :D

Cotterik
06-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Thanks for remindin me! :p
Im still workin on it but this week ive got revision for ma GCSE's so its not my top priority :rolleyes: Its comin though.

Benz_Boy_1
09-17-2004, 09:45 AM
random, but we have the same desklamp :D

blackspear
09-17-2004, 10:48 PM
No he did not do those alfa drawings ive seen them for the year, the came out Alfa.

http://www.virtrade.com/auto/pic/alfa_kamal_2.jpg

http://www.italiancar.com.au/images/ItalDesignBrera_06_lg.jpg

http://www.km.ru/images/auto/2502-Alfa-Romeo-concept.jpg

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/21987/01.jpg

They look alright though

P.S Stop taking credit for other peoples work

Spastik_Roach
09-21-2004, 03:36 AM
Dude, the only thing those cars share with his drawings are Alfa grilles. Get over it! Faar he isn't copying!

NUMBER5
12-17-2004, 05:20 PM
CoTTerik, is that Jodie Albert in your avatar?

Esperante
12-17-2004, 05:29 PM
CoTTerik, is that Jodie Albert in your avatar?
n00b-

NUMBER5
12-17-2004, 05:57 PM
n00b-

Indeed :D

Mustang
12-18-2004, 02:22 AM
its kelly brook :D