PDA

View Full Version : American Muscle

ChevySucks
06-04-2003, 10:28 AM
If anyone has ever seen the first Fast and the Furious they know what real American Muscle is about, killing imports. That Charger stomped all over that lil rice bomb even when it was using nos, everyone jus needs to face it that the lil ricers cant keep up with all dis American made Muscle!!!!!!

Kudosdude
06-05-2003, 01:52 AM
I could do this myself; but click here (http://www.nitpickers.com/movies/titles/221000.html) for a few reasons why it's not a great film.

Don't get me wrong it's a good watch, but they could have at least employed a few people who actually know about cars to stop the comedy of errors. :)

Don't get me started on the racing sequences, as a car chase movie it is OK.

guyt_x
06-05-2003, 03:55 PM
japan are smaller faster and look better

and you dont need to invade a country who was minding its own buisness to fill up the tank with petrol.

ChevySucks
06-05-2003, 04:37 PM
This is a car forum not a war speech forum, dont give me that crap about invading a country that was minding its own bussiness bombing innocent people and funding terrorist that were attacking us, and that had chemical weapons which they could have easily given to the terroist to use on us, it wasnt about petrol, it was about the safety of our country, dont even go there buddy.. And american cars are faster, bigger and better, imports will never compare, ever.

ChevySucks
06-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah thanks for all those mess ups in that movie, i guess that jus goes to show you, it is only a movie after all.......

ozexige
06-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Despite your 'handle',
I agree with you on American muscle and Iraq, but I've learnt that in this site you should pull your head in about 'rice-burners', some people like 'em? :rolleyes:

PS The movie was for the 4 to 12 y.o's

ChevySucks
06-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Thanks for agreeing with me both about iraq and American Muscle, at least someone knows what they're talkin bout, i know i need to pull my head into rice burners, but where i live, i guess it makes me hate them, because they put a spoiler on the back ( that doesnt help at all, and wont ever) and they put a body kit and cold air intake on it and call it fast, and they actually beleive its fast too, i guess thats what makes me not like em so much, they do have the ability to be fast, but im with American made Muscle all da way, nice joke bout the movie too :D

Rob
06-10-2003, 09:59 AM
I like American Muscle, they got the sound and the looks, but as soon as curves appear in the road the car will be beaten even by a 205 GTI. American Muscles are fast in a straight line, thats all.

ChevySucks
06-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Now we all know that isnt true, American Muscle cars can have great steering, last time i checked the Saleen Mustang has incredible handling, and so does the Dodge Viper and a ton of other American Muscle, dont tell me they are only good for going in a straight line...

guyt_x
06-10-2003, 11:31 PM
never mind about american road cars!!!

just look at your people weak motor sport.....

almost all your motor sports consist or driving in a strait line eg drag racing....
or going around a ROUND track..... eg indy car, nas car
in an interview with soem lame indy car driver.. he said the drivers dont like the track where you have to turn left and right.
He then said its much harder using the break all the time and turning both ways!!!!!!!!

Im mean really if your motor sport is about driving in strait lines or going round in circles it only stands to reason that this will filter down to production cars, which are slow ugly and cant handle worth spit.

go look at any major track records there are no american cars which hold the records....

shame on you america for making poofing cars that can handle.

ChevySucks
06-11-2003, 01:09 PM
That is probably the most rediculous post ive seen on herre, saying that American made cars cant handle well, dont even give me that shame on you America crap when America's cars could take on any other countries cars and kill them in handling and in straight lines. Don't give me that crap either bout American races only being in straight lines when i see ricers up at the track all the time racing. Those cars are imports and they are trying to be fast in a straight line. You are stupid, if you didnt notice most of those indy cars are 4 cylinder foreign motors, not American made motors. Don't cut down on American made cars saying they cant handle, i could give you right now at least 15 American cars that can out handle any of those foreign ricers..

guyt_x
06-11-2003, 10:37 PM
typical american all blah blah but not facts

dont u people get tired of not making sense

Rob
06-11-2003, 11:24 PM
ChevySucks, i've got a question for you, when you're talking about imports, do you only mean Japanese cars or are you also talking about european cars?

guyt_x
06-11-2003, 11:34 PM
anything thing that isnt american and doesnt need a 7 litre to getoff the line

IBrake4Rainbows
06-15-2003, 01:21 AM
Ferchrissakes, what is all the fuss?! American cars cater for different interests than European and Japaneses cars simply because both have different needs. Europeans need to have a lot of space inside, but have small dimensions, they need fuel efficient engines (Likewise Japanese) because petrol is really, really expensive there. The Japanese need a quick, easy way of increasing there speed fix without increasing engine capacity of car size for fear of the huge taxes that will follow. Americans only want big cars because there streets and towns are catered for them, they equate size to success, and performance. Different needs for different continents, Americas needs aren't that far removed form Australian ones, bar our taste in Automobile, we prefer Landcruisers or FalcoDores to Expeditions and F-150s. but our needs are still the same, as our allowances. Now as for the whole Nascar/Indy racing fiasco, they only race in ovals becuase Americans want to be able to see the race all the time form there one vantage point, so that they can erect big grandstands for them to sit in and Vege out, which is why they'll never really get rallying or circuit racing, because not only is it too cold, but they'll have to stand (!) and get pelted with rocks and mud, does that really sound American?

ozexige
06-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by IBrake4Rainbows
Ferchrissakes, what is all the fuss?! American cars cater for different interests .................................................. .................................................. .

Ferchrissakes 'Rainbows what a spot-on description of the facts, because 100,000 people want to watch racing in the States all at once, oval racing has been the only way to cater for them.
Good show ol' chap - pip pip - and all that.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-15-2003, 11:58 PM
Wel, it's about time somebody said the truth, hey, old chap!

Kudosdude
06-16-2003, 12:19 AM
If you go to America - would you hire a muscle car? I would.

If you go to Japan - would you hire a skyline? I would.

Different horse, different courses.

guyt_x - I wish we brits had something comparable to the ALMS, not every circuit is Oval.

henk4
06-16-2003, 04:48 AM
When I went America I hired a Pontiac Grand Prix, (the time of the Hertz Shelby 500 is long over), but I did visit Road America, which is definitely not an oval. Last last I watched some of the Cart race at Laguna Seca, not an oval either.
I would rather not get involved in the well balanced points that were made by ChevySS, but I would like to be informed as soon as american muscle have found the WOMD in Iraq (or does the Pentagon still have to plant these there).

Kudosdude
06-16-2003, 05:34 AM
Boo hiss on the WOMD. Whisper the word politics . . .

(Is Oil now considered a WOMD - Environmentalists are always saying how it is killing our planet . . . oh pants drawn in like a bad photoshop . . . I'll shut up now)

guyt_x
06-16-2003, 11:20 PM
this is so comical..... typical american you give this big speech about something blah blah but make no real points and to top it all you insult yourself by saying that americans only enjoy the racing for its crashes(being able to watch the whole race at once)
the whole reason for racing is to watch to skill of the driving and the technology of the cars no for the accidents which just wastes time.
why not do away will all forms of crappy american racing and just have destruction derbys?

if you tappets bothered to watch the F1 grand prix this weekend you would have seen what real racing was all about.

henk4
06-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by guyt_x
[B]this is so comical..... typical american you give this big speech about something blah blah but make no real points

Be realistic, don't expect an open mind when a true blood american starts making noises.

ChevySucks
06-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey henk4 i think it'd be best for you if you didnt say anything else about America and how the war was un-justified, ive said it before on herre to some japanese dick and i will explain it again to you, the war was justified on the possibily of womd in iraq because if they did have them they would gladly give them to the terrorist groups they were already funding to kill Americans, how would you feel if they came to your country and killed thousands of yer innocent peeple, this conversation wouldnt be taking place because you would want revenge jus as bad as any American, Sadaam had already killed to many of his own peeple and was turning into a hitler like tyrant, dat is exactly how hitler started off, and i dunno bout you but i dont think i want another gay ass dictator to try and take over the world, he needed to be stopped whether he had womd or not. Dont even get me started on this war stuff, i'll kick yer ass all over this site.

ChevySucks
06-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Hows dat for Americans not makin any points.

guyt_x
06-20-2003, 12:09 AM
this is a car site so leave politics out of it, but on the matter there are many theories many people believe that america did 9/11 to them selves to use as an excuse to get someoe in power who had there best interests at heart eg OIL!!!!!!.

and another thing america tries that shit with any country hehehehe all you silly goose americans gonna be glowing from the nukes they gonna put up the statue of liberties arse!!!

rather go drive your crappy over sized gass guzzling poor handle automatic cars

Kudosdude
06-20-2003, 06:45 AM
Shut up about politics.

No soapboxes. Please.

Back to American muscle. What'd you think of my link?

P.S. If you want to talk about politics at least have the kindness to put it in the Miscellaneous topic. Look after yourselves, and each other . . .(J.S)

ChevySucks
06-20-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm starting a new thread in the Miscelaneous forum, talk to you ladies bout politics there..

Piazza
04-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, I must say that while I am living in Japan it almost broke my heart to send my Corvette to Canada yesterday. Whenever I put up that hood, you could see Japanese people looking at it like it was a spaceship. The reaction from Skyline owners, GTO owners, etc, was one of like they are beaten. I mean, the style is just so incredible. The Corvette is a legacy anywhere you go. When you see the huge meats rolling up while you are cruising the streets of Japan, it is an intimidating sight. Yes, I dont expect to be winning many races deeking through the city side streets that are made for cars half the size of a Smart car but then I didnt have too much trouble out handling and out performing many cars around when I was on a road that was meant for going more than 30 on. American muscle with the handling you could only love. Now whats not to love about American cars? I own Japanese ones too but it`s just not the same...