PDA

View Full Version : GT3 UCP memebrs comp

Mustang
05-13-2004, 12:05 PM
After stratos gave me the idea i will be starting the comps this sunday but using GT£ untill GT4 comes out.

any info that you want is here it will be run the same as the GT4 one would
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3914

so please start sending me Pm's with your name on if yuo want to enter,

James

challenger
05-13-2004, 01:06 PM
il enter
i garantee that il beat any of you :cool: :D :cool: :D

Mustang
05-13-2004, 01:09 PM
il enter
i garantee that il beat any of you :cool: :D :cool: :D

i have to choose the track and the car so it is going to be even, you wont be able to use the Polyphoony 001/002 and just beat everyone :p

challenger
05-13-2004, 01:11 PM
i no i dont like them i think they are boring

my favourte car isnt the most powerful on its someting like a nissan 400j or the bmw 328ci

tune them up them reduce the traction control and then get the bac end out round the corners.

if you do this right like i do it will make your replays look ace plus it is more fun to drive :eek:

cp01ae
05-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I'd be in for that, but first we would have to establish some solid rules and such, and get a list of all entrants, it would have to be finalized by the friday before the sunday lets say.

challenger
05-13-2004, 01:20 PM
when we chose the tracks dont chose more than 10 laps if you chose TEST COURSE it gets boring even in my 1144hp viper going round at 450 mph.

Mustang
05-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I'd be in for that, but first we would have to establish some solid rules and such, and get a list of all entrants, it would have to be finalized by the friday before the sunday lets say.

what i am going to do is have this week as a test. i will be collecting members names today and tomorrow and then all the enterants will be shown on a new thread along with the track and that car that we have to use.

i don think that there will be as many members in this one purely because it is such short notice. the proper ones will start next week with the timing (all members must have entered before the saturday.)

this one will count for points so if you enter in this you stand a batter chance overall because you are getting the points when others arent if you finish high in the top 20 :D

anyway looking forward to seeing all your times, so far i have got 4 enteries, put your name forward if you want to enter.

challenger
05-13-2004, 02:29 PM
y cant the gt3 competition carry on when gt4 comes out.

Mustang
05-13-2004, 02:32 PM
y cant the gt3 competition carry on when gt4 comes out.

because i wont have time to do both

challenger
05-13-2004, 03:00 PM
il do it then

whiteballz
05-13-2004, 03:09 PM
okay, im in... Dont be so coky challenger, there are very good racers on this site.. and i know it... MIK THE CAR is always within 1 second of me and i him. we are so close all the way through. its just insane. and we arent exactly slow... so just be prepared... are we allowed to tune the cars? or is it just stock standard? or will there be some SET mods allowed to go faster? will we be able to optimise our gear ratio? and tire choice!!! will we chose the tires?

deffenbaugh03
05-13-2004, 03:15 PM
you can count me in

Mustang
05-13-2004, 03:20 PM
okay, im in... Dont be so coky challenger, there are very good racers on this site.. and i know it... MIK THE CAR is always within 1 second of me and i him. we are so close all the way through. its just insane. and we arent exactly slow... so just be prepared... are we allowed to tune the cars? or is it just stock standard? or will there be some SET mods allowed to go faster? will we be able to optimise our gear ratio? and tire choice!!! will we chose the tires?

good to have you onboard whiteballz, i agree that it will be more of a challenge than he thinks ( i hope).

i will be posting a thread on sunday when i have the time but it will definitely be on on sunday that has all the information tha you need to have on it, you will then have 1 week to get the fastest lap time that you can on a circuit of my choice in a car of my choice.

whiteballz
05-13-2004, 03:23 PM
okay, your choice of car, but what about mods? ie turbo/na, it may be hard for new people to the game to get the car you want to race in, BUT it will make them race more and win! yay! i am not short of money on the game so i will have no challenge getting the car up to the standards that you choose. this will be fun. ( or i could just de-tune one of mine... nahh) :D

Mustang
05-13-2004, 03:32 PM
okay, your choice of car, but what about mods? ie turbo/na, it may be hard for new people to the game to get the car you want to race in, BUT it will make them race more and win! yay! i am not short of money on the game so i will have no challenge getting the car up to the standards that you choose. this will be fun. ( or i could just de-tune one of mine... nahh) :D

i will tell you what mods you will be allwed to do on sunday so that you have the week to make them. i will also try and use cars that cant be modded to heavily so that the beginners have got more of a chance, i think that by now there are not that many beginners the have all been playing for ages :p i am still concidering wether to let you change what you want on the car setup ( not tuning it just things like break ballance and gear ratio) i also think that i am going to let you use any tyre that you want becasue i dont think that it makes alot of differance to your lap time.

anyway the full rules will be posted on sunday :D

deffenbaugh03
05-13-2004, 03:34 PM
That game has been out for awhile im sure most people have all the cars in the game by now and all the money they will ever need. I may assume wrong though.

Mustang
05-13-2004, 03:35 PM
That game has been out for awhile im sure most people have all the cars in the game by now and all the money they will ever need. I may assume wrong though.

yeah thats what i thaught so it prob wont be a prob no matter what car i choose. i wont go too mad though :p

painterr
05-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Hmmmm that means I have to open my garage back up and dust off my cars that I have!!!! All you need is a sharkport and you can get any car in the game plus all the cars in the back of the game. i have a program on my site that you can down load for free that has every car in the game (including the back of the game) Like the Deablo. I may give it a try if I get the time! You better have a rule no hybrids allowed because I am sure there are some out there that have game sharks!!!

Mustang
05-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Hmmmm that means I have to open my garage back up and dust off my cars that I have!!!! All you need is a sharkport and you can get any car in the game plus all the cars in the back of the game. i have a program on my site that you can down load for free that has every car in the game (including the back of the game) Like the Deablo. I may give it a try if I get the time! You better have a rule no hybrids allowed because I am sure there are some out there that have game sharks!!!

yes that is a rule which is why i give them a specific car and tell them what mods they are allowed.

does that mean tha you are in then painterr?

deffenbaugh03
05-13-2004, 03:56 PM
How do you get a diablo???

painterr
05-13-2004, 04:05 PM
I probably will if work doesnt get in the way! I have a question. how you going to check to see no one is cheating!! I am not saying there will be one on this site but my experiance has taught me there will be in time! It will be to eazy to add a part and no one will know! Like if you say you we have to use med tires so some one uses med soft! That little change will add a .500 to some ones time.

when I race I take it very serious and I will devote at least 6 to 10 hours runing it and I hate to see some one cheat and beat when he didnt do it right. It takes all the fun out of racing!

painterr
05-13-2004, 04:09 PM
How do you get a diablo???

I have a program made by MK and it has all the car in the game plus the ones that the makers of sony didnt put in the game but left them in the back of the game! There are some where around 240 cars all together in the game about 60 in the back of the game!

kko
05-13-2004, 05:15 PM
count me in

byw i had preety much the whole game done (like 91%) and i lost my memory card!!!!!!! no0o0o0o0o
neway im only like 30% thru now, but ill try

deffenbaugh03
05-13-2004, 06:55 PM
painterr- what other cars can you get

whiteballz
05-13-2004, 07:23 PM
this game shark sounds fun... if its on your website... how do you get it back onto the ps2?? like link cable? usb cable? something like that? shifty has a usb thing that stores things through a usb card or w/e, would you be able to like, save it to that and then put in usb port on ps2?

painterr
05-13-2004, 09:06 PM
It has been so long since I have been playing the game. It is hard to remember what all cars are but you can get the Diablo and it tunes out to 900+ hp, there is a real tough porsche also I dont remember which one but I like it the best of all the ones in the game. If my memory is correct there is also the stratos both the stock and the rally version. There is another Viper modified like the one in the game but the number on it is 51 and it doesnt quite have the same hp as the one in the game. One is made by Dodge and the other one is Chysler. that is just the ones I can remember!

How to get them is: You have to have a sharkport that is for the American version of the game and for ones over seas it is called Xport. cost around 30 dollars.

With that you can hock you PS2 up to your pc and down load you garage in your pc. Then you can take the program I have on my site and open your garage in it and you can see every car you have and all its parts that is on it. Then you can swap a car you have in your garage for one that is in the back of the game or any other car that is in the game.
You can also change parts on your car in your garage. Like lets say I have a stock Altama and I want to putthe viper engine in it. Then put the FI tires on it. That is just some of what can be done with that program I have.

I have a PT cruiser in my garage with 1,200hp, Rear wheel drive, FI tires on it, and the down forse is set at Front/190 and the rear/230, then I have greatly redused the weight of the car.

I can run run most tracks in the game under 50 seconds with it.

Mustang
05-14-2004, 03:42 AM
I probably will if work doesnt get in the way! I have a question. how you going to check to see no one is cheating!! I am not saying there will be one on this site but my experiance has taught me there will be in time! It will be to eazy to add a part and no one will know! Like if you say you we have to use med tires so some one uses med soft! That little change will add a .500 to some ones time.

when I race I take it very serious and I will devote at least 6 to 10 hours runing it and I hate to see some one cheat and beat when he didnt do it right. It takes all the fun out of racing!

thats the problem that i have had from the start, there is no way in telling if someone cheats i am just trusting you guys at UCP to tell the truth.

i will ge making a threat tomorrow of everything that you have to do and then when you post your lap time you also have to put the settings that you had for you gear train, n e way i am going to go and decide now what track and car to use and what mods you are allowed.

challenger
05-14-2004, 08:00 AM
wot is your fastest time on MIDFIELD RACEWAY??

i just nailed a 56 second lap

Mustang
05-14-2004, 08:26 AM
wot is your fastest time on MIDFIELD RACEWAY??

i just nailed a 56 second lap

55.32 :D :p

challenger
05-14-2004, 08:59 AM
yes but i did it in a STANDARD 002

the f1 cars that you have raced have had allsorts of things done to them to make them faster.

painterr
05-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Well I got my FI out and ran a few laps with it and turned a 52.9 and there is allot of improvement I can do. That was with the 94s My fastest time ever was just under 50 seconds.

challenger
05-14-2004, 09:20 AM
which f1 car wos it

painterr
05-14-2004, 09:32 AM
I am not sure which one it is in the pal version but I know it is the fast one in the pal. It is listed in my game as the 94s

whiteballz
05-14-2004, 03:08 PM
its the polyphony 001, the lighter feeling one.

painterr
05-14-2004, 05:06 PM
its the polyphony 001, the lighter feeling one.

I believe it is! and the polly 2 is the 94H in the american version. I have taken both to the 1000m text track and ran several laps testing them and the 94s is about a 10th of a second faster and on the coarses the 94s handles better in the corners then the 94H. All the other FIs are slower then those two. that is in the American version. the pal version only has two.

SPN:DOC
05-14-2004, 08:24 PM
ok haws this 1'01.647 in a Ruf RGT (road car) Mid-Field Raceway.. :D

I even have proof.. ;)

lets c what i can do with a Polyphony 001

whiteballz
05-15-2004, 12:30 AM
did you have mods spindoc? i am going to go play that now,
with my 001 f1 car, (94s) i think... will post time here soon!

and also i was wondering if you guys used manuals?!?! i hope you do...

okay, on the third lap of midway i got 57.807. its got 817 hp. TCS set on level 5 to control wheelspin out of corners...

i think about 1834 km done in it..

05-15-2004, 04:24 AM
ok i got 0'52,989 but i think i can do better.. had a few mistakes.. :cool: i always use manual and only some times traction.. it more fun sliding the back out.. :D

Mustang
05-15-2004, 09:53 AM
ok i got 0'52,989 but i think i can do better.. had a few mistakes.. :cool: i always use manual and only some times traction.. it more fun sliding the back out.. :D

well done do you have any special set up for the car?

Mustang
05-15-2004, 10:01 AM
ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO ENteR INTO THIS WEEKS COMP MUST EITher POST ON THIS THREAD OR PM ME BY TONIGHT (SATURDAY)

UK CARS
05-15-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm in, james!

Mustang
05-15-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm in, james!

good good:D

Koenigsegg_CC
05-15-2004, 01:25 PM
I want to enter the comp

Mustang
05-15-2004, 01:26 PM
hey marc welcome to UCP mate your in the comp

05-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Noooooo... is it way too late 2 enter.. :( :(

Mustang
05-16-2004, 01:55 AM
no its ok ill add you in this time, to be fair you could have entered on time its just that i was up at 1 minute past midnight, so technically it was sunday and i thaught that i might as well make the thread :p

05-16-2004, 02:49 AM
:D sweet.... :p