PDA

View Full Version : Built by Russian students: Death Race inspired Chevrolet Camaro

4wheelsonline
04-22-2009, 02:08 AM
This Death Race inspired Chevrolet Camaro, modified by a team of students from Russian MHPI design school to look like a car from last year’s movie Death Race (a remake of the 1975 Death Race 2000 movie).

http://www.rpmgo.com/images/death_race_camaro.jpg

The movie’s action takes place in the future, and Jason Statham plays a former race driver who is forced to race armored cars against criminals with life sentences. The movie has a lot of cool car action and it also features super hot Natalie Martinez, as Jason’s co-pilot. :D

SilverG35SportC
04-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Not gunna lie that just seems like a huge waste of time. A) that movie looks/ most likely is crap, no matter how hot some girl is. B) I cant believe people actually took the time to make an old camaro look even older by stapling and bondo-ing a bunch of crap to it. C) put it on display??!

blingbling
04-22-2009, 10:40 AM
^because we all know people from the suburbs like burlington has the best taste

Rasmus
04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Good thing they kept the duck tail rear wing otherwise that thing would've had traction issues.

I find the car kinda awesome though.

SilverG35SportC
04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
^ suburbs like burlington has the best taste

I really dont think where you live has any impact on automotive taste. Be it may that Burlington is a suburb, I struggle to see the relevance. Anyhow if you truly think this 'car' is tasteful, maybe you would be better suited to something a little more modren, a Skelta G-Force perhaps?

Soloracer
04-22-2009, 03:05 PM
That car seems fitting for a Russian Design school. Clearly utilizing cold war lines.

LeonOfTheDead
04-22-2009, 03:14 PM
I really dont think where you live has any impact on automotive taste. Be it may that Burlington is a suburb, I struggle to see the relevance. Anyhow if you truly think this 'car' is tasteful, maybe you would be better suited to something a little more modren, a Skelta G-Force perhaps?

I DO believe where you live influences all your tastes, cars included. You live in the States, you like the Mustang, you live in Europe, you like 16 valves hot econoboxes.

Ferrer
04-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I like Mustangs and 16 valve hot econoboxes. :)

LeonOfTheDead
04-22-2009, 03:44 PM
I like Mustangs and 16 valve hot econoboxes. :)

because you are a nice dude Albert ;).

NSXType-R
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I DO believe where you live influences all your tastes, cars included. You live in the States, you like the Mustang, you live in Europe, you like 16 valves hot econoboxes.

Do I look like someone who likes Mustangs?

LeonOfTheDead
04-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Do I look like someone who likes Mustangs?

don't know, how do you look?! :D

Generalizing it's always a bad thing.

blingbling
04-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I really dont think where you live has any impact on automotive taste. Be it may that Burlington is a suburb, I struggle to see the relevance. Anyhow if you truly think this 'car' is tasteful, maybe you would be better suited to something a little more modren, a Skelta G-Force perhaps?this car is over the top, but per usual it is the suburbanees that bash any glimpses of originality.

NSXType-R
04-22-2009, 05:23 PM
don't know, how do you look?! :D

Smart reply. :D

Sledgehammer
04-22-2009, 06:49 PM

something thats done too often, especially with the US. Personally think the add on parts are too obvious. The difference between the "new" mods and the origional body work is very stark.

Kitdy
04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
this car is over the top, but per usual it is the suburbanees that bash any glimpses of originality.

I was talking to hellcat and he and I think that much of UCP is composed of suburbanites so you better tread carefully.

blingbling
04-23-2009, 10:20 AM
i didn't say that suburbanites are bad, many of them are very relaxing to be around

its just that creativity is not their forte, is all

The_Canuck
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
i didn't say that suburbanites are bad, many of them are very relaxing to be around

its just that creativity is not their forte, is all

Yeah man, people in the cities really fight the man, man. Living anywhere but in a studio with milk-crates for furniture is totally conformist man.

Rockefella
04-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah man, people in the cities really fight the man, man. Living anywhere but in a studio with milk-crates for furniture is totally conformist man.

I wish rep was still around, I'd give you about 50.

Kitdy
04-23-2009, 04:17 PM
bling these are pretty big generlizatoins. In such a globalized world (I'm thinking internet, TV, media in general etc), I am not sure there is too big a difference between suburbanites and urbanites. Hell, the difference between sub/urbanites and ruralites(?) is probably shrinking too. No less, this is where the true distinction lies; not between suburban abd urban, but suburban/urban and rural.

Rockefella
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
When I think urbanite I think socialite I think yuppee

http://lookatthis****inghipster.tumblr.com/

LeonOfTheDead
04-23-2009, 04:24 PM
I used to grew up in suburbanites, and there is a huge difference.
that doesn't one is better than the other though.

Kitdy
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
When I think urbanite I think socialite I think yuppee

http://lookatthis****inghipster.tumblr.com/

Link broken.

I used to grew up in suburbanites, and there is a huge difference.
that doesn't one is better than the other though.

This could be a translation problem. Suburban is on the outskirts of a city, rural would be a small town.

Do you mean rural?

f6fhellcat13
04-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Link broken.

Type in the censored word and it works fine.

Canuck, mad props. :)

Most of these hipster lofties with dumpsters-full of "taste" would probably drive a Prius, or in Europe a Micra C+C.
Taste indeed...

Ferrer
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Type in the censored word and it works fine.

Canuck, mad props. :)

Most of these hipster lofties with dumpsters-full of "taste" would probably drive a Prius, or in Europe a Micra C+C.
Taste indeed...
Or they could even drive a Prius in Europe...

Which would probably mean they are taxi drivers. And that's really cool and creative.

LeonOfTheDead
04-24-2009, 02:24 AM
Link broken.

This could be a translation problem. Suburban is on the outskirts of a city, rural would be a small town.

Do you mean rural?

ok, let's say extreme countryside then.:)

blingbling
04-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah man, people in the cities really fight the man, man. Living anywhere but in a studio with milk-crates for furniture is totally conformist man.HAH! DAMN RIGHT! :p